The AT Battlefield 4 F.A.Q., News, and Discussion thread

Page 299 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Amazingly enough i haven't played a single Naval Strike map, been having to much fun in the meat grinder maps:) But hell in BF3 i never touched Armored Kill, half the maps in both these games have been left untouched lol.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I like playing carrier assault on all the naval strike maps and domination on all except for the lost islands map. I will agree that they all pretty much suck for conquest and rush though.

scooterlibby

Feb 28, 2009
I can only seem to find a few Carrier Assault servers active at a gven time and their pings are awful. Too bad because, while it isn't nearly as fun as Titan mode, I enjoy it quite a bit.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
So, I decided ti fire up BF4 today for the first time in a while. Got into battlelog, found a server, joined.....YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM EA ONLINE (1) I give up.

I exited Origin, updated drivers, logged out and back in....REMOVED Origin.

Please refrain from cursing outside of the "Social" forums.

Anandtech Administrator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
So, I decided ti fire up BF4 today for the first time in a while. Got into battlelog, found a server, joined.....YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM EA ONLINE (1) I give up.

I exited Origin, updated drivers, logged out and back in....fuck Origin.
lolz

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
When I logged into battlelog today it said I needed to update my browser plugin, but there was no option to download in Firefox, I then loaded it in Chrome and was able to get it with no problem. Weird.

RaulF

Jan 18, 2008
Game has been running awesome for me the last few days. Not sure if they implemented some server side fixes.

I also had not played for about 2 weeks.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
In the CTE version this is what the new vehicle 3rd person view FOV slider with maximum settings looks like compared to the regular games 3rd person vehicle view (left side). Good luck putting C4, using a repair tool or an EOD bot on this tank.

http://postimg.org/image/3zvt0vcw3/full/

Lets hope this "feature" doesn't make it to the regular game.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Game has been running like a dream for me, not a single crash or lock up since i went to 337.50 beta and made the switch from W7 to W8.1.:biggrin:

Little network code issues but overall very enjoyable.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
In the CTE version this is what the new vehicle 3rd person view FOV slider with maximum settings looks like compared to the regular games 3rd person vehicle view (left side). Good luck putting C4, using a repair tool or an EOD bot on this tank.

http://postimg.org/image/3zvt0vcw3/full/

Lets hope this "feature" doesn't make it to the regular game.

does the FOV slider not already change 3rd person stuff?

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009

I think it only works in first person infantry situation right now in the main game.

I think they should limit 3rd person FOV in vehicles to jets. I really wish they would let us change FOV in cockpits.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Ive played HC so much that I forget that there is a 3rd person view even when I am on a normal server.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Hmm, I don't really know if the current FOV changes the 3rd person vehicle view as I set mine and left it alone.

Here is a screenshot of the CTE's FOV sliders. The one I changed was the Vehicle FOV.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Giving the CTE build a shot, slow download of 4 hours cause of my 10mb dsl but is it only 18gb or is there the second assault maps as well?

Anything spectacular with the CTE build?I hear some elements are great but not quite sure what i am walking into or if the download is even worth the time?

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Giving the CTE build a shot, slow download of 4 hours cause of my 10mb dsl but is it only 18gb or is there the second assault maps as well?

Anything spectacular with the CTE build?I hear some elements are great but not quite sure what i am walking into or if the download is even worth the time?

Personally I think its worth it, I have been playing it more than the main release. The netcode is basically fixed, takes a lot less bullets to take someone down because of it, the guns seem more controllable and the reduced explosion shake makes playing lockdown not make me want to vomit. Those changes alone are IMO worth it although there is plenty more besides that.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Personally I think its worth it, I have been playing it more than the main release. The netcode is basically fixed, takes a lot less bullets to take someone down because of it, the guns seem more controllable and the reduced explosion shake makes playing lockdown not make me want to vomit. Those changes alone are IMO worth it although there is plenty more besides that.

Sounds like a good update when cte fixed items make it into a patch for the pc retail game. The screen shaking is a bit over the top especially in the meat grinder maps so i am glad that is fixed and everything else is icing on the cake it sounds like.

Little less then 2 hours and i shall see.:biggrin: God i wish i had a better isp provider, this 10mb dsl is pitiful these days for these downloads.

WarhammerTX

Oct 15, 2005
www.Snipergamerselite.com

Need to get it to the retail game its getting pretty bad with the rubber banding and stutter seems like if you get over 3 or 4 people with 150 + pings its unplayable at times

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Jumped on cte this morning about 6am and wow, i found only like 5 active servers .....jumped on the retail game and it was about the same with just a few more.

Is the game that dead during those hours here in the usa? I never played this game this early before but i could only find foreign servers and i have the same exact presets enabled as before.....just there was like hardly nothing showing.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I haven't had a problem getting a game in the UK, the CTE servers are in Netherlands and again there are normally a couple of 64 player servers nearly full and a few smaller servers also full or nearly full. CTE has no where near the population of the main game but there are usually players whenever I join and I have been playing at 3-4am before.

One other effect I am now noticing on CTE is my K/D has gone up about 50% and more importantly so has my accuracy. My accuracy on normal with an AEK is about 14%, on CTE its averaging 30%. The only thing I changed was the version I am running. On CTE I can get fairly reliably 3 kills out of a magazine, on normal I usually only get 2 so I am fairly certain I am landing more shots and its because of that improved netcode. Can't wait for this to get rolled out to everyone, its simply a better game.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Jumped on a single cte server so far,i could see the difference basically immediately but i wish they had done this sooner.My ping was over 130 when usually i am in the 45-90ms range and still the game felt smoother on this foreign server then any retail us server which is what i always jump on.

WarhammerTX

Oct 15, 2005
www.Snipergamerselite.com
Jumped on cte this morning about 6am and wow, i found only like 5 active servers .....jumped on the retail game and it was about the same with just a few more.

Is the game that dead during those hours here in the usa? I never played this game this early before but i could only find foreign servers and i have the same exact presets enabled as before.....just there was like hardly nothing showing.

I read somewhere the other day of all the copy's of bf4 that have been sold an estimated 2% still actively play the game