The AT Battlefield 4 F.A.Q., News, and Discussion thread

Page 300 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Oh snap, Craglorn is VR10? Aaand, I just cancelled my sub. :( I'll never make it to VR10, lol... and while the questing is fun enough it's still just point A to point B stuff. Gets old after a month+.

Oh well, had a ton of fun with this game while it lasted. So many interesting systems in-place, but no way can I keep questing over and over to VR10.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Oh snap, Craglorn is VR10? Aaand, I just cancelled my sub. :( I'll never make it to VR10, lol... and while the questing is fun enough it's still just point A to point B stuff. Gets old after a month+.

Oh well, had a ton of fun with this game while it lasted. So many interesting systems in-place, but no way can I keep questing over and over to VR10.

I think you meant this for the ESO thread :)

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Anyone else use the G36C? That thing is a freaking laser after the recoil change.

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
I've tried it. I think I have 150 kills with it. But for my play style it doesn't fit. Either I want maximum rpm for close encounters or a more accurate heavy hitter for longer distance. In close quarters you just get demolished. And its long range damage model is so meh I'd rather get closer than is useful.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I've tried it. I think I have 150 kills with it. But for my play style it doesn't fit. Either I want maximum rpm for close encounters or a more accurate heavy hitter for longer distance. In close quarters you just get demolished. And its long range damage model is so meh I'd rather get closer than is useful.
Thats why I stick to HC, most of that stuff is negated when it doesnt take half a mag to take someone down.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
I mostly use it for flanking or open maps, I find it a mix of higher RPM than most ARs and enough to compete against them in CQ vs. accuracy over distance compared to other carbines. The fact that it has virtually no recoil really balance it quite well.

CropDuster

Jan 2, 2014
The AK5C is still my go to weapon when I want to get shit done. I tried the G36 but it seemed like the thing bounces all over the place.

RaulF

Jan 18, 2008
New patch being rolled out.

Servers are out, and stats too. Looks like tick rate is going in effect and also screen shake corrections.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
The AK5C is still my go to weapon when I want to get shit done. I tried the G36 but it seemed like the thing bounces all over the place.

That's just visual recoil. If you can ignore the animation, it's a great weapon.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Made the swap from a i5 2500 to a i7 3770 and my h61 board generously clocks it to 3.7ghz under full load. Best investment for a game i have done since the swap from a pentium 4 to a e6750 for BF2 back in 2007.

General stutter in this game i would get from time to time has disappeared, some spots i have gained 10+ fps and before the swap from high to ultra used to cost some fps but suddenly it makes nearly no difference that i can see yet. The game is incredibly fluid suddenly with a solid 65%+ load on all threads where on the i5 i was hitting 100% occasionally on some cores.

I did some testing with ht disabled and the gains from ht are clearly obvious which is great, about damn time some game makes use of more then 4 threads/cores. Been sitting on 4 core/4 thread since 2008......a eon basically in the pc world.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
New patch being rolled out.

Servers are out, and stats too. Looks like tick rate is going in effect and also screen shake corrections.
Whoo-Hoo! Cant wait to try it later this evening, I hope it cures some of those "WTF!" moments that occur so often in this game.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
This patch running some of the fixes cte has provided?

The game just now updated for me when i logged into origin. Good job Dice on fixing two of the most annoying issues i had with the game which include the century it took for a map to load and the decade it took for the game to close after i exit it. Both the load and exit times have been dramatically improved for me anyways.

Jumped on multiple servers, empty of course but i had previously long loading and exit times on those anyways too lol. Even in CTE i had the long loading times which is weird if these fixes are related to it.

Edit:first impressions of patch posted.

Last edited:

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
I've tried applying to the AT platoon, but I have yet to be accepted :'(

I see that there's only 26 members this time around, compared to BF3 where there were much more. Is there a platoon I am not aware of?

RaulF

Jan 18, 2008
I would look at who is running the platoon and PM him.
I was accepted in about a week.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I read somewhere the other day of all the copy's of bf4 that have been sold an estimated 2% still actively play the game

That's not surprising if you look at the leader boards and how low the average game time is. Doesn't help that the early bugs made a lot of people leave and not come back. Still no trouble finding a game. Just less easy kills.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Just played with new network setting on high. It felt crisp, but maybe placebo? Someone verify please. It felt good to me.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Just played with new network setting on high. It felt crisp, but maybe placebo? Someone verify please. It felt good to me.

Yeah, it is incredibly crisp. Was up to almost 2am testing out this new update. Went on a Operation Locker server and you know those would put the hardest strain with about a trillion things going on a second lol.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
It feels like the CTE did now. Bullet impacts feel like its you and your skill and not some semi random effect. The higher tickrate was definitely necessary to make the game feel better. Its still not CS levels of feedback but its not terrible anymore.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
My TTK was different on the G36C, and I also felt a much better impact with the shotgun with the new network setting.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I played for the first time in a few months, made no changes to any of the settings yet and nothing felt any different to me in terms of gameplay. I never had much of a problem with it to begin with and think a lot of the criticism was much ado about nothing.

Still had some good rounds and the Naval Strike map that's kind of a lagoon with a bunch of small islands separated by water is pretty cool - though something about it graphically seemed kind of unspectacular, can't put my finger on it. Felt very Far Cry to me, and the Waterfall point is awesome.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Only had time for one round, seemed a bit better but I want to see how it reacts to be ducking behind cover a bit more.