Thanks Obama! Unemployment trend he started continues down to 3.6%

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
What's awesome is that wages are over $27 per hour as well!

Every administration spins economic data to some degree. Trump merely turns everything into clown car level exaggerations.

In reality, about 40% of workers earn less than $15/hr.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hmm, it looks like a President sure can fuck up an economy

Surprise threat from Trump to raise tariffs sinks stocks

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/surprise-threat-trump-raise-tariffs-sinks-stocks-141005923.html

well, he's definitely had more direct impact on the market, in terms of a daily trade response, than probably any POTUS that anyone can remember, over his ~2 year reign of incompetence. Overall...broader market factors are going to have the real impact.

Still, the type of shit he claims (obviously lying, boasting, whatever his intent), have such strong daily impact, literally swinging billions in cash from pocket to pocket on a daily basis whenever he pulls this shit, that it baffles me that the FTC hasn't opened an investigation into him regarding market manipulation, insider trading, and slew of other high crimes. ...One wonders, if one were to look, you can track a rather predictable group of people and funds that are consistently making out like bandits in those ~3 day periods on either side of a Trump market dump tweet.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
well, he's definitely had more direct impact on the market, in terms of a daily trade response, than probably any POTUS that anyone can remember, over his ~2 year reign of incompetence. Overall...broader market factors are going to have the real impact.

Still, the type of shit he claims (obviously lying, boasting, whatever his intent), have such strong daily impact, literally swinging billions in cash from pocket to pocket on a daily basis whenever he pulls this shit, that it baffles me that the FTC hasn't opened an investigation into him regarding market manipulation, insider trading, and slew of other high crimes. ...One wonders, if one were to look, you can track a rather predictable group of people and funds that are consistently making out like bandits in those ~3 day periods on either side of a Trump market dump tweet.

If I didn't know better, I'd think he says stupid shit, specifically to affect the market. Guess how much money he or his family/friends could make if they were aware of when he was planning on saying stupid shit.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If I didn't know better, I'd think he says stupid shit, specifically to affect the market. Guess how much money he or his family/friends could make if they were aware of when he was planning on saying stupid shit.

If you make your bread shorting certain sectors of the stock market, then Trump is a fucking godsend to you. ...and it's not all that hard to time this stuff with him. Easier still if you only know a guy that knows a guy that knows Trump.

...and remember that dude and his son that were dinged for selling a boatload of shares while standing in the crowd at some loonytoons Trump (private?) event at the white house gardens last year, after Trump went on a tirade about something, and they managed about $700k profit or something ahead of the inevitable share collapse the next day?

...bu bu but I guess we must remember that our current so-called AG's new standard for prosecuting acts of a felonious nature is that "If you're too dumb to know that you are doing the felonies, then you can't be guilty of those felonies. ...oh especially if you're POTUS."

Reactions: ivwshane