Texas to conduct a lawful audit of election

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I found 5 who at a given time supported defund the police

AOC
Cori Bush
Ilhan Omar
Rashida Talib
Ayanna Pressley

Yet Taj wants to pretend that is anywhere near a plurality of even a sizable amount of Democrats.
I'm pretty sure at least a few of those 5, when they talked about "defunding PDs" actually explained the misnomer of the phrase and that they believed in redirecting funding into better training and less military hardware, not abolishing police altogether as the conartistservatives would have you believe.

Jul 9, 2009
Trump Supporter Arrested For Voting Twice, Claims “Polls Are Rigged”

A 55-year old woman in Iowa has been arrested and charged with voter fraud after she allegedly cast two ballots for presidential candidate Donald Trump.
Terri Rote, from Des Moine, was charged with Election Misconduct, a Class D felony, for her actions. Strangely enough, she attempted to defend her actions by declaring that “the polls are rigged.”

“I wasn’t planning on doing it twice, it was spur of the moment,” says Rote, http://iowapublicradio.org/post/des...twice-trump-because-polls-are-rigged#stream/0. “The polls are rigged.”

Rote allegedly cast an early voting ballot for Trump, and then another at a county satellite voting location. Essentially, she mailed in an early vote and then attempted to vote a second time in person.

Why are Trump Supports willing to lie, cheat, steal to keep power the American people took away from them in a massive landslide?
Good, i hope she gets a long jail sentence.

Jul 9, 2009

AOC
Cori Bush
Ilhan Omar
Rashida Talib
Ayanna Pressley

Yet Taj wants to pretend that is anywhere near a plurality of even a sizable amount of Democrats.
What about the States and municipalities that already defunded the police? You forget those?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure at least a few of those 5, when they talked about "defunding PDs" actually explained the misnomer of the phrase and that they believed in redirecting funding into better training and less military hardware, not abolishing police altogether as the conartistservatives would have you believe.

That is true. But still, defund the police is a dumb slogan. But taking money and giving it to mental health professionals is a good thing.

I posted an article a few months back, police in this country are trained far less than in many other developed Western nations. It's obscene. And here we have a big gun problem due to our gun fetishist loons. They need more training than anybody.

Training and accountability. That's the kind of reform we need to have better police in this country.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
What about the States and municipalities that already defunded the police? You forget those?

I mean they are terrible. Replacing police not trained at all for mental health disturbances with mental health professionals, and ending up with much better results. Horrific!

Of course you are against sensible reform like that, you conservatives like seeing police beat the shit out of people, usually minorities:

"Over the first six months of the pilot, Denver received more than 2,500 emergency calls that fell into the STAR program's purview, and the STAR team was able to respond to 748 calls. No calls required the assistance of police, and no one was arrested. "

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We are talking about the Democratic Party so I answered in that context.

Now about your first question since you seem to think any form of defund the police would be the end of civilization, I give you this...

This New Jersey city disbanded its police department 7 years ago. Here's what happened next - CNN

Camden dissolved its police department to root out corruption.
The city's crime rate was among the worst in the US. Within nine square miles and among nearly 75,000 residents, there were over 170 open-air drug markets reported in 2013, county officials told CNN. Violent crime abounded. Police corruption was at the core.
Lawsuits filed against the department uncovered that officers routinely planted evidence on suspects, fabricated reports and committed perjury. After the corruption was exposed, courts overturned the convictions of 88 people, the ACLU reported in 2013.
So in 2012, officials voted to completely disband the department -- it was beyond reform.
And in 2013, the Camden County Police Department officially began its tenure. No other city of Camden's size has done anything quite like it.

City officials had two objectives in remaking Camden's police: reduce crippling violent crime and make residents feel safer.
Louis Cappelli, Camden County freeholder director (another term for a county-level public official), said the department still has a ways to go, but its efforts over the last seven years have been largely successful.
"Back then residents of Camden city absolutely feared the police department and members of the department," he told CNN. "They (the residents) wanted that to change."
Violent crimes have dropped 42% in seven years, according to city crime data provided by the department. The crime rate has dropped from 79 per 1,000 to 44 per 1,000, the data shows.

Reactions: Pohemi
Jul 9, 2009

"A Yuma County woman who was indicted last year for illegally returning four voted mail-in ballots that were not hers is facing three new felony charges.

The Arizona attorney general’s office announced Tuesday that Guillermina Fuentes was indicted for voting another person’s early ballot in the August 2020 primary election. She was charged with conspiracy, forgery and a ballot abuse count.

Fuentes, 65, a Democrat, is a former mayor of the border city of San Luis. She serves as an elected board member of the Gadsden Elementary School District in San Luis."

A Democratic mayor? A Democratic elected official? It figures.

"She and another San Luis woman were indicted in December on one count each of ballot abuse for returning four voted early ballots that did not belong to her or a family member in the 2020 primary election. Both have pleaded not guilty.

The Legislature passed the ban on so-called ballot harvesting in 2016. It bars anyone but a caregiver or family member from returning a mail ballot and carries a presumptive sentence of a year in prison. The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the law in a ruling released in July."

• Haha

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

"A Yuma County woman who was indicted last year for illegally returning four voted mail-in ballots that were not hers is facing three new felony charges.

The Arizona attorney general’s office announced Tuesday that Guillermina Fuentes was indicted for voting another person’s early ballot in the August 2020 primary election. She was charged with conspiracy, forgery and a ballot abuse count.

Fuentes, 65, a Democrat, is a former mayor of the border city of San Luis. She serves as an elected board member of the Gadsden Elementary School District in San Luis."

A Democratic mayor? A Democratic elected official? It figures.

"She and another San Luis woman were indicted in December on one count each of ballot abuse for returning four voted early ballots that did not belong to her or a family member in the 2020 primary election. Both have pleaded not guilty.

The Legislature passed the ban on so-called ballot harvesting in 2016. It bars anyone but a caregiver or family member from returning a mail ballot and carries a presumptive sentence of a year in prison. The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the law in a ruling released in July."
What do you think this proves?
While it is technically illegal in Arizona, literally all that was done was they turned in a couple ballots for people that were already filled out by the legal voter. It's about the most milquetoast thing I can imagine. If your elderly next door neighbor asked you to drop hers off while you were going to do yours, you'd be in violation of this same law (were you to live in a state that has such a law).

Jul 9, 2009
What do you think this proves?
While it is technically illegal in Arizona, literally all that was done was they turned in a couple ballots for people that were already filled out by the legal voter. It's about the most milquetoast thing I can imagine. If your elderly next door neighbor asked you to drop hers off while you were going to do yours, you'd be in violation of this same law (were you to live in a state that has such a law).
It was against the law, end of story and she well knew it.

• Haha
Jul 9, 2009
Why are you even blathering on about the law. You know you don’t give a shit about what the law is. We know you don’t give a shit about the law.

We know your only trait is you hate liberals.

We know every post you make is nothing more than posting “I hate liberals.”
Bullshit, the woman that is arrested and being prosecuted was breaking the law. She was an elected official who well knew what the law was. You and Thraashman thinks she should be excused because she's a ....................... Democrat and on your side of the political fence. You and Thraassh pretend it's perfectly OK if Democrats break the law because you all perceive yourselves as above the law.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Bullshit, the woman that is arrested and being prosecuted was breaking the law. She was an elected official who well knew what the law was. You and Thraashman thinks she should be excused because she's a ....................... Democrat and on your side of the political fence. You and Thraassh pretend it's perfectly OK if Democrats break the law because you all perceive yourselves as above the law.
Blah blah blah.
You support the law here because you think it makes the democrat look bad.

You are not principled. You neither care for the sanctity of the law or support the right to vote
Again your single defining trait is “I hate liberals”.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
These audits must be another position confused Taj thinks >51% of the population agrees with him

Jul 9, 2009
Blah blah blah.

You are not principled. You neither care for the sanctity of the law or support the right to vote
Bullshit, i support the Right to vote, you support the faux process of vote harvesting by wealthy interests.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It was against the law, end of story and she well knew it.
It's also against the law to deny legal American citizens their Constitutional right to vote, particularly if it's just because you disagree with how they vote, and yet that is the entire purpose of your agenda.
You might actually believe your own lies about voter fraud, even though you can't provide any evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe that there had been any such fraud sufficient to change any election outcome, but your own words throughout this thread reveal that your real agenda is to disenfranchise any Dem vote by any means necessary.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Blah blah blah.

The only thing these Trumpist conservatives are looking for is justification for their agenda of violence and oppression.
For Taj (and other like-minded right-wing extremists), this can be demonstrated by the fact that he will apologize for ANY evil committed by his "side," regardless of how atrocious, as long as he can make up a "2 wrongs make a right," regardless of how silly.
He is desperately looking for any excuse to justify violence and oppression against those who perceives as others. That's why he worships murderers like Chauvin and Rittenhouse. That's why he supports a would-be tyrant like Trump. That's why he's looking for any excuse to take away your vote.
He has neither morals or principles, and cares about the law only so long as he can use it against others, or to twist into justification for violence committed to others. His only real motivation is get tribalistic revenge against all the "leftists" who hurt his feelings by disagreeing with him on the internet. And that's why he never proposes or endorses any policy that would increase freedom and small govt for everyone (what he claims to believe in), but instead promotes one agenda after another to increase the power of govt to decrease the rights and freedoms of others.

BTW @imported_tajmahal , you are free to prove me wrong on this by providing just one example of you arguing in favor of more freedom and less govt for persons or people that don't include you. Just one example.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
You support the right of the right people to vote. That doesn't count people like me. You also support overturning a free and fair election as long as white people are the perps.
Again that is pure bullshit and a blatant lie and more of your racism.

• Haha
Jul 9, 2009
The only thing these Trumpist conservatives are looking for is justification for their agenda of violence and oppression.
For Taj (and other like-minded right-wing extremists), this can be demonstrated by the fact that he will apologize for ANY evil committed by his "side," regardless of how atrocious, as long as he can make up a "2 wrongs make a right," regardless of how silly.
He is desperately looking for any excuse to justify violence and oppression against those who perceives as others. That's why he worships murderers like Chauvin and Rittenhouse. That's why he supports a would-be tyrant like Trump. That's why he's looking for any excuse to take away your vote.
He has neither morals or principles, and cares about the law only so long as he can use it against others, or to twist into justification for violence committed to others. His only real motivation is get tribalistic revenge against all the "leftists" who hurt his feelings by disagreeing with him on the internet. And that's why he never proposes or endorses any policy that would increase freedom and small govt for everyone (what he claims to believe in), but instead promotes one agenda after another to increase the power of govt to decrease the rights and freedoms of others.

BTW @imported_tajmahal , you are free to prove me wrong on this by providing just one example of you arguing in favor of more freedom and less govt for persons or people that don't include you. Just one example.
Sure, just look at my other thread where i support Democrat Senator Kirsten Sinema to be free of harassment in the ladies room. I'm not a woman, or a Democrat.

Now you can go on a rant and say that it doesn't count for whatever made up reason you give.

• Haha

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Sure, just look at my other thread where i support Democrat Senator Kirsten Sinema to be free of harassment in the ladies room. I'm not a woman, or a Democrat.

Now you can go on a rant and say that it doesn't count for whatever made up reason you give.
Kirsten Sinema is blocking major democrat objectives in the senate and the citizens she refuses to talk to were rude trying to get her attention. Supporting her over them makes liberals look bad - ergo another example of "I hate liberals"

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

AOC
Cori Bush
Ilhan Omar
Rashida Talib
Ayanna Pressley

If you include this year, there is one more, Maya Wiley who was running to be Mayor of NYC, but failed in the primaries. She was endorsed by AOC, but that only makes 6 politicians who want to defund the police, which is still not a majority of Democrats.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
If you include this year, there is one more, Maya Wiley who was running to be Mayor of NYC, but failed in the primaries. She was endorsed by AOC, but that only makes 6 politicians who want to refund the police, which is still not a majority of Democrats.

You won't agree with the source of course, but you can check the facts it contains.

"1. New York

In June of 2020, New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio cut $1 billion from the budget of the New York City Police Department (NYPD), despite a surge in shootings in the wake of protests and violent unrest sparked by the death of George Floyd. Since then, de Blasio decided to reinstate $92 million to build a new precinct cut from the budget last year. From January 1 through May 23, 2021 there were 531 shootings in the city, up from 295 during the same period last year, Breitbart News reported.

2. Philadelphia

Last year, the Philadelphia City Council gave approval to cut $33 million for the police department. Now, “Philadelphia is on pace to have one of its deadliest years on record,” NBC10 Philadelphia reported.

3. Washington, DC

Lawmakers promised to cut $15 million from the police department budget in June of 2020. In May, the Washington Post reported that homicides increased 38 percent compared to the same time in 2020.

4. Baltimore

The Baltimore City Council voted to slash $22 million in police spending, the Baltimore Sun reported in June of 2020. This June, Baltimore Police Commissioner Michael Harrison said he would like to “see more “boots on the ground” and additional funding for his department amid a surge in violent crime in cities across the country,” the Hill reported

Mayor Brandon Scott, who as a city councilman led efforts to cut the police budget by $22 million, has since proposed a $27 million increase.

5. Los Angeles

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti wants an increase in police spending of about $50 million after the city cut $150 million last year, Breitbart News reported.

6. Minneapolis

On June 12, 2020, Breitbart News reported the Minneapolis city council pledged unanimously to disband the city’s police department. By June 18, 2021, the Minneapolis City Council approved $5 million to pay for police overtime.

“MPD was down to 632 active officers through the end of May. That’s a 25 percent drop from 845 police in 2020. As of last week, 60 officers are on disability leave,” CBS Minnesota reported. “Deputy Chief Erick Fors told the committee that the number of gunshot victims has more than doubled from this point last year to this year, increasing from 116 to 259. Homicides have increased by 81 percent over the same time period.”

7. Seattle

• Haha