Texas to conduct a lawful audit of election

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

You won't agree with the source of course, but you can check the facts it contains.

"1. New York

In June of 2020, New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio cut $1 billion from the budget of the New York City Police Department (NYPD), despite a surge in shootings in the wake of protests and violent unrest sparked by the death of George Floyd. Since then, de Blasio decided to reinstate $92 million to build a new precinct cut from the budget last year. From January 1 through May 23, 2021 there were 531 shootings in the city, up from 295 during the same period last year, Breitbart News reported.

2. Philadelphia

Last year, the Philadelphia City Council gave approval to cut $33 million for the police department. Now, “Philadelphia is on pace to have one of its deadliest years on record,” NBC10 Philadelphia reported.

3. Washington, DC

Lawmakers promised to cut $15 million from the police department budget in June of 2020. In May, the Washington Post reported that homicides increased 38 percent compared to the same time in 2020.

4. Baltimore

The Baltimore City Council voted to slash $22 million in police spending, the Baltimore Sun reported in June of 2020. This June, Baltimore Police Commissioner Michael Harrison said he would like to “see more “boots on the ground” and additional funding for his department amid a surge in violent crime in cities across the country,” the Hill reported

Mayor Brandon Scott, who as a city councilman led efforts to cut the police budget by $22 million, has since proposed a $27 million increase.

5. Los Angeles

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti wants an increase in police spending of about $50 million after the city cut $150 million last year, Breitbart News reported.

6. Minneapolis

On June 12, 2020, Breitbart News reported the Minneapolis city council pledged unanimously to disband the city’s police department. By June 18, 2021, the Minneapolis City Council approved $5 million to pay for police overtime.

“MPD was down to 632 active officers through the end of May. That’s a 25 percent drop from 845 police in 2020. As of last week, 60 officers are on disability leave,” CBS Minnesota reported. “Deputy Chief Erick Fors told the committee that the number of gunshot victims has more than doubled from this point last year to this year, increasing from 116 to 259. Homicides have increased by 81 percent over the same time period.”

7. Seattle

Just an FYI..... none of DeBlasio's actions against the police affected the low crime rate in the area I live in. In fact, the area that my local precinct patrols was listed in the top ten safest areas in Queens in 2018. In fact, my area in 2018 had a non-fatal assault rate of 14 out of 100,000, well bellow the city average. We also had 0 murders in the area in 2018. In fact, we never sas or heard any BLM protests in our area. So really, I just do not care what happens with the police funding as long as it does not every affect me or my family in the long run.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
@imported_tajmahal

I will agree with your assumption that there will be voter fraud in the 2024 elections. That is because the new voting laws, which take away voting rights of some minority groups, is considered a form of voting fraud. Basically, taking away the right for minority groups, is considered illegal and a violation of the Civil Rights Act, and thus is considered voting fraud.

So you were right on that assumption, but only on that assumption alone currently, as your other assumptions can be disapproved easily.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Crime in NYC just keeps going down

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Sure, just look at my other thread where i support Democrat Senator Kirsten Sinema to be free of harassment in the ladies room. I'm not a woman, or a Democrat.

Now you can go on a rant and say that it doesn't count for whatever made up reason you give.
It's difficult to accept that concern as honest when you declined to be similarly concerned about the death threats made by Republicans towards "RINO" Liz Cheney. Instead you are just condemning Democrats for doing something you won't condemn Republicans for... again.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lol the traitor has yet to post a right wing source he didn’t like. It’s like looking into a window of a mind that’s been fully propagandized into right wing reality.

However even he knows it’s bull shit which is why he had to preface his own post with, “you won’t agree with the source”, instead of finding a more reputable source for the information.
His mind is so accepting of right wing bull shit that he uncritically accepts that the budget cuts listed are a result of some defund the police movement by the cities political leaders. He also uncritically accepts that budget cuts resulted in an increase in crime.

It would be fascinating if it wasn’t so sad and didn’t have actual negative consequences.

Reactions: Pohemi

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Sure, just look at my other thread where i support Democrat Senator Kirsten Sinema to be free of harassment in the ladies room. I'm not a woman, or a Democrat.

Now you can go on a rant and say that it doesn't count for whatever made up reason you give.
Yet, you out yourself in that very same thread, that you believe she should dump the Democrats and join the Republican party.. which means you don't look at her as a Democrat, but see her as a Republican and one of your allies. It's fun when you destroy your own arguments with your own comments, giving yourself away and showing just how much your posts are bullshit! isn't it?

Jul 9, 2009
Just an FYI..... none of DeBlasio's actions against the police affected the low crime rate in the area I live in. In fact, the area that my local precinct patrols was listed in the top ten safest areas in Queens in 2018. In fact, my area in 2018 had a non-fatal assault rate of 14 out of 100,000, well bellow the city average. We also had 0 murders in the area in 2018. In fact, we never sas or heard any BLM protests in our area. So really, I just do not care what happens with the police funding as long as it does not every affect me or my family in the long run.
Sounds like a conservative point of view.

• Haha
Jul 9, 2009
Crime in NYC just keeps going down

or it could be that if they don't report crimes happening, it makes it look as if crime is going down.

• Haha
Jul 9, 2009
Yet, you out yourself in that very same thread, that you believe she should dump the Democrats and join the Republican party.. which means you don't look at her as a Democrat, but see her as a Republican and one of your allies. It's fun when you destroy your own arguments with your own comments, giving yourself away and showing just how much your posts are bullshit! isn't it?
Nope, i think that everyone and their dogs should dump the Democrats.

• Haha

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

or it could be that if they don't report crimes happening, it makes it look as if crime is going down.

You literally posted about a crime being reported and the perp being charged, which means it's reported, to say they aren't being reported.

You filth try so hard to be the filth you are you keep owning yourself. That's how deep the shit-stained soul you have runs. It's your core being.

Folks, know the enemy. They are beyond deplorable and they won't get better. Rotten to the core.

Jul 9, 2009
You literally posted about a crime being reported and the perp being charged, which means it's reported, to say they aren't being reported.

You filth try so hard to be the filth you are you keep owning yourself. That's how deep the shit-stained soul you have runs. It's your core being.

Folks, know the enemy. They are beyond deplorable and they won't get better. Rotten to the core.
It was meant as an example of crime free New York, but take it as you like.

• Haha

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It was meant as an example of crime free New York, but take it as you like.

You responded to my post of crime continuing to go down, not claiming crime was non-existent you moron.

For a very large city in the US, NYC is actually on the safer side. But that's another discussion.

Stop trying so hard to be shite you can't even keep up with a conversation.

Oh wait, that comes naturally to you.

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Nope what? You changing your story even though your comment in that other thread specifically was about her and no other democrat? You are a lying piece of shit, and every back peddle, change in your story, and change in "meaning" demonstrates just that.

The fact that you think the Democrats are the problem, and that everyone should dump them, implying the current GQP is the way to go, demonstrats you are all for the destruction of democracy. It shows that you want fascism/authoritarian government, full of racism, no women's rights aka no civil right except for the "higher class", with poverty levels and low quality of life being dominant because it makes people easier to control.

You sir, and people like you, are the enemy of this nation, and it's people.

The sad part is you are to stupid to realize that neither party is 100% right, and it will take policies and ideologies (realistic and moral) from both, for this nation to evolve in the right direction and survive. However, the current state of the GQP is not realistic, moral, with ideologies that are based on pure lies, falsehoods, and conspiracy bullshit. aka completely of their rocker and frankly disgusting and un American!

Last edited:
  • Love
Jul 9, 2009
Nope what? You changing your story even though your comment in that other thread specifically was about her and no other democrat? You are a lying piece of shit, and every back peddle, change in your story, and change in "meaning" demonstrates just that.

The fact that you think the Democrats are the problem, and that everyone should dump them, implying the current GQP is the way to go, demonstrats you are all for the destruction of democracy. It shows that you want fascism/authoritarian government, full of racism, no women's rights aka no civil right except for the "higher class", with poverty levels and low quality of life being dominant because it makes people easier to control.

You sir, and people like you, are the enemy of this nation, and it's people.

The sad part is you are to stupid to realize that neither party is 100% right, and it will take policies and ideologies (realistic and moral) from both, for this nation to evolve in the right direction and survive. However, the current state of the GQP is not realistic, moral, with ideologies that are based on pure lies, falsehoods, and conspiracy bullshit. aka completely of their rocker and frankly disgusting and un American!
As you apply the faux label GQP and expect me to give you any credence?

You sir, and shitstains like you, are the enemy of this Nation and it's people.

• Haha
Jul 9, 2009
You responded to my post of crime continuing to go down, not claiming crime was non-existent you moron.

For a very large city in the US, NYC is actually on the safer side. But that's another discussion.

Stop trying so hard to be shite you can't even keep up with a conversation.

Oh wait, that comes naturally to you.
Oh, you mean this conversation/thread about how Texas is trying to make elections more accurate with an audit? That conversation?

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

Oh, I am sorry, did I hurt your feelings and hit a nerve? Would you like me to use the term GOP to make it hit home and to protect your feelings? As if the label used altered the truth of what I said and is the determination of a person's credibility. That just shows how weak and pathetic you and your position are. But that is what all arguments/defenses based on lies, falsehoods, manipulation and twisted facts end up revealing.

As for you last sentence: Have you been taking lessons from someonesmind1, where you are projecting yourself onto others while looking in a mirror?

Last edited:
  • Love

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Oh, you mean this conversation/thread about how Texas is trying to make elections more accurate with an audit? That conversation?
What? Your claim now, is that Texas is doing it to make it more accurate, and no long that they are doing it because of voter fraud, specifically democrat voter fraud? I mean which is it? Oh wait, you're going to claim both, so you can continue your falsehoods and manipulations of the the bullshit you keep spinning. Specially since the election was nearly a year ago..

IF any of your various alternating claims are true (don't worry, we already know all your claims are a lie).. why are the audits primarily in democrat counties, with the only GOP county being one that had higher democrat votes than they "believe" there should be? Wouldn't they be auditing all counties to ensure accuracy and/or catch voter fraud?

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Again that is pure bullshit and a blatant lie and more of your racism.
It is the absolute truth. Not because you may be white but because you are a horrible human being and a racist.

If anyone wants proof why this thread and other audits across the country are nothing but part of a Trump coup attempt I suggest reading the thread on the Senate Intelligence report about the plans to overturn the election

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It is the absolute truth. Not because you may be white but because you are a horrible human being and a racist.

If anyone wants proof why this thread and other audits across the country are nothing but part of a Trump coup attempt I suggest reading the thread on the Senate Intelligence report about the plans to overturn the election

it wouldn't matter if Taj was purple and yello, the bolded is just the facts. Horrific people make up the majority of the GQP.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And if that doesn't happen, because maybe the Republicans don't align with everyone's interests, then you think that no one should be allowed to vote Democratic.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Lol... this is astonishingly hypocritical given that that "faux label" is everything you've been arguing for in thread.
If I may suggest, this nation and its people are not you and people just like you. It is you and ~320 million different people. With different backgrounds, cultures, religions, opinions, and interests (often conflicting). That is this nation and its people. That is America since its very beginning. And that you, and seemingly a good many people like you, want to force everyone else to be just like you is the real authoritarianism. Because those other people, those "woke authoritarians" or whatever the latest buzzword, they just want to be free to live their own lives and pursue their own interests without having to ask for your permission.
I know you don't see it that way, but these liberals here aren't the ones trying to use govt and law to keep you from voting how you want to vote. You're the one trying to do that to them.

Jul 9, 2009

"
Election audits of the 2020 election are under attack in the media.

It’s easy to see why some calls for audits have drawn criticism.

But audits can serve a very useful purpose. Glenn Youngkin, the Virginia Republican nominee for governor, is calling for an ‘audit’ of the state’s voting machines. The former co-CEO of the Carlyle group says: ‘I grew up in a world where you have an audit every year, in businesses you have an audit. So let’s just audit the voting machines, publish it so everybody can see it.’"

A good piece on election audits and why to have them.

Jul 9, 2009
Lol... this is astonishingly hypocritical given that that "faux label" is everything you've been arguing for in thread.
If I may suggest, this nation and its people are not you and people just like you. It is you and ~320 million different people. With different backgrounds, cultures, religions, opinions, and interests (often conflicting). That is this nation and its people. That is America since its very beginning. And that you, and seemingly a good many people like you, want to force everyone else to be just like you is the real authoritarianism. Because those other people, those "woke authoritarians" or whatever the latest buzzword, they just want to be free to live their own lives and pursue their own interests without having to ask for your permission.
I know you don't see it that way, but these liberals here aren't the ones trying to use govt and law to keep you from voting how you want to vote. You're the one trying to do that to them.
No, progressives/leftists are trying to make it easier and easier for vote fraud to have a measurable effect on voting. It's why they're so desperate to stop and/or stall any attempt at vote audits.