Teenager shot dead after playing loud music

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It wouldn't matter if he was shitfaced. You don't automatically lose your right to self defense if you're drunk when 4 males, with a disparity of force, physically and verbally threaten your life while in your occupied vehicle.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
It wouldn't matter if he was shitfaced. You don't automatically lose your right to self defense if you're drunk when 4 males, with a disparity of force, physically and verbally threaten your life while in your occupied vehicle.

Sure and what if being shitfaced impaired your thinking abilities and everything you thought happened really didn't pan out that way?

For example, drunk people do crazy things, accuse people of stuff and start fights.

Are you really saying that it wouldnt matter if he'd been drinking at all and that his judgement was PERFECTLY clear regardless?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Too bad evidence suggestions that it didn't happen. A local defense attorney who uses SYG believes he's going to be charged with first degree by the Grand Jury based on what she has heard.

So, we have someone with a history of drinking and driving getting angry that some teenagers were legally playing their music loud. He then got upset that these teenagers legally told him to fuck off and turned the music up even louder. Dunn then snaps, shoots-up the vehicle and takes off never to contact the police even after he learns he's killed someone.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Sure and what if being shitfaced impaired your thinking abilities and everything you thought happened really didn't pan out that way?

For example, drunk people do crazy things, accuse people of stuff and start fights.

Are you really saying that it wouldnt matter if he'd been drinking at all and that his judgement was PERFECTLY clear regardless?

Have you ever read any of his drunk tirades here?

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Why else would they leave the scene like that??

I know if I had some totally random guy pull up and shoot inside my vehicle, then they left the scene, I would wait for the cops. Any reasonable person would do the same.

I dunno, terrified for their life?? If I was shot at I wouldn't call the police and sit there, I would RUN. It's safe to assume they believed Dunn would possibly return to shoot at them some more. No reasonable person would wait for the cops while there was a gun toting psycho after them, you're just making shit up. Do you somehow believe that by simply calling the police it makes you automatically safe from harm?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

It's based on reasonable person standard.

A reasonable person, being verbally and physically threatened, while in their occupied vehicle would reasonably believe their life to be in danger from an imminent threat.

So I'm saying absolutely and with authority it wouldn't matter.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
it's based on reasonable person standard.

a reasonable person, being verbally and physically threatened, while in their occupied vehicle would reasonably believe their life to be in danger from an imminent threat.

So i'm saying absolutely and with authority it wouldn't matter.

<.<

>.>

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Any proof the left the scene. You guys kept saying this but I couldnt find a source.

Right, so because Spatial says so..it is not possible.

Yes there is proof the red SUV left the scene before the police arrived. I posted the links for it. Go to my posts.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

Also, as I pointed out, witness testimony from the wedding points out that Dunn was NOT drunk in the links I gave in previous posts. Go READ.

Stop with trying to state Dunn was drunk at the time. Evidence that the public knows shows otherwise at this time.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

A reasonable person, being verbally and physically threatened, while in their occupied vehicle would reasonably believe their life to be in danger from an imminent threat.

A reasonable person under the influence?

No wai!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Also, as I pointed out, witness testimony from the wedding points out that Dunn was NOT drunk in the links I gave in previous posts. Go READ.

Stop with trying to state Dunn was drunk at the time. Evidence that the public knows shows otherwise at this time.

yes because the people at the wedding were monitoring how much he was drinking. I bet money that not a single person at that wedding could truthfully say how much Dunn had drank. All they could say would be 'I don't think..." or "he probably didn't..." And you have no idea what he did when he left the wedding, for all we know as soon as he got in his car, the 1st thing he did was pull out a flask of JD and take a few big ass swigs. Remember he was at a liquor store to get liquor when the shooting occurred.

He wasn't there to get Sweet Tea and Skittles...

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Of course people at the wedding are going to say he didn't drink. How would they know? Have you ever been to a wedding? Unless someone is pissy drunk and falling all over the place..nobody will notice.

Also, "Not drunk" =/= "he didnt drink at all"

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
yes because the people at the wedding were monitoring how much he was drinking. I bet money that not a single person at that wedding could truthfully say how much Dunn had drank. All they could say would be 'I don't think..." or "he probably didn't..." And you have no idea what he did when he left the wedding, for all we know as soon as he got in his car, the 1st thing he did was pull out a flask of JD and take a few big ass swigs. Remember he was at a liquor store to get liquor when the shooting occurred.

He wasn't there to get Sweet Tea and Skittles...

They stated there was very little alcohol offered at the wedding and no one got even tipsy. That Dunn left EARLY to take care of his new puppy that he had with him at the wedding along with his GF. That they stopped off to get a bottle of wine because of the fact they hadn't drunk much (if any at all) to celebrate with when they got to the hotel the were going to be staying at.

You are making far too many assumptions in light of the evidence that has already been revealed. And he was NOT at a liquor store. He was at a GAS STATION getting a bottle of wine.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Of course people at the wedding are going to say he didn't drink. How would they know? Have you ever been to a wedding? Unless someone is pissy drunk and falling all over the place..nobody will notice.

Also, "Not drunk" =/= "he didnt drink at all"

They said no one was drinking much because not much alcohol was offered. I'm guessing if the wedding was like most people's there wasn't an open bar. Most real people can't afford that.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
They said no one was drinking much because not much alcohol was offered. I'm guessing if the wedding was like most people's there wasn't an open bar. Most real people can't afford that.

Only open bar I've seen was at my submarine's Christmas ball, too bad I don't drink.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
They said no one was drinking much because not much alcohol was offered.

So does that mean he didn't have a drink or two?

And yes, I know that some people cannot afford to go all out at a wedding. I was just saying that nobody could really gauge if the guy was "drunk" or if he had a "few drinks".

I mean..really..was somebody watching him the whole night? We know he wasnt drunk, but that doesnt mean he didnt have a few drinks.

Anyway, I cannot find your links because they are buried in the thread. Revive them please.

Its so funny how you guys get mad when we assume stuff about Dunn but its totally okay to assume things about the "thugs" in the SUV. Oh the ironing.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Except this "reasonable" person imagines a shotgun being pointed at him because he's a crazy racist drunk.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Its so funny how you guys get mad when we assume stuff about Dunn but its totally okay to assume things about the "thugs" in the SUV. Oh the ironing.

Yea but one set of assumptions has statistics backing it up, and Tommie's record backing it up...

the other just seems to be based on kneejerk racial animosity and dislike of gun ownership. Largely.

I'd grant you the fact that he's been charged if it weren't Angela Corey's office.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I noticed none of the witnesses didn't say Dunn wasn't drinking. They said he wasn't drunk. If the police questioned you on the condition of a friend a few hours earlier at a bar you would say they weren't drunk unless they were walking sideways. Not enough for someones observation to know if he was "drunk" or not. That's why police run blood/breath tests.

It's more likely then not, Dunn was under the influence. Remember they stopped to buy more booze. Ever remember anyone refusing to drink at a wedding only to stop at a liquor store after??? Again highly unlikely.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
So does that mean he didn't have a drink or two?

And yes, I know that some people cannot afford to go all out at a wedding. I was just saying that nobody could really gauge if the guy was "drunk" or if he had a "few drinks".

I mean..really..was somebody watching him the whole night? We know he wasnt drunk, but that doesnt mean he didnt have a few drinks.

Anyway, I cannot find your links because they are buried in the thread. Revive them please.

He left early. Real early by all accounts. I doubt he had time to get more than a single drink if any considering the time frame involved of when the wedding party started and when the incident took place before 7:30.

Calling him DRUNK or going on a drunken rampage shooting spree is asinine at the point to say the least. Again, evidence points to the fact he wasn't drunk, witnesses state he wasn't drunk, and he didn't have time to get drunk unless he pounded them back in rapid fire. Which anyone pounding drinks that fast at a wedding is going to get noticed doing so.

By all accounts he was happy, having a great day, out with his GF and his new puppy and visiting his son for his wedding. He also had a long drive ahead of him and knew he would be staying at a hotel before going home. Someone like that doesn't pound back the alcohol.

Sep 7, 2009
Except this "reasonable" person imagines a shotgun being pointed at him because he's a crazy racist drunk.

Reasonable person:

Old businessman with no violent history or any current issues.
vs.
Violent felon, on probation.

Choose to act like a thug, dress like a thug, run with thugs.... Don't be surprised when society treats you like a thug.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He left early. Real early by all accounts. I doubt he had time to get more than a single drink if any considering the time frame involved of when the wedding party started and when the incident took place before 7:30.

Calling him DRUNK or going on a drunken rampage shooting spree is asinine at the point to say the least. Again, evidence points to the fact he wasn't drunk, witnesses state he wasn't drunk, and he didn't have time to get drunk unless he pounded them back in rapid fire. Which anyone pounding drinks that fast at a wedding is going to get noticed doing so.

By all accounts he was happy, having a great day, out with his GF and his new puppy and visiting his son for his wedding. He also had a long drive ahead of him and knew he would be staying at a hotel before going home. Someone like that doesn't pound back the alcohol.

How to you know how many drinks he had? Noone is claiming drunken rampage but he was likely under the influence to some degree. We won't know how much because he fled the scene of the killing.

Also teatotalers would'nt be stopping to buy more booze.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Well he was a black kid with a hoodie on, so he was obviously a vicious thug who was undoubtedly trying to ghetto stomp this kind old Caucasian gentleman. The guy didn't want to shoot him but his life was in danger.

Right Spidey?

Oh and

your racism knows no boundaries, even if you have to totally make shit up in the process to attempt to prove a point.

His racism ?????? Why are you bringing race into this shouting let the courts handle it . It better you keep your vile form of racism to yourself . Yes I know you were talking at spidey but you couldn't wait to use the racist word . That was the intent of your post

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Reasonable person:

Old businessman with no violent history or any current issues.
vs.
Violent felon, on probation.

Choose to act like a thug, dress like a thug, run with thugs.... Don't be surprised when society treats you like a thug.

Violent felon happened to show restraint from shooting with that "shotgun" compared to the insane drunk non-violent old businessman