Teenager shot dead after playing loud music

Page 58 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 7, 2009
You chose to pre-judge people. You can post statistics all day about how all these crimes are committed by black teens. But that doesn't equate to most black teens being criminals. You will never change your mind here because you're a racist. You don't care about facts. If a study came out and said "90% of thugs are black males, but only 5% of black males are thugs" you'd still automatically consider every black male as a thug simply because you're a fucking retard who's on a mission here.

Answer me this, what percentage of black teens do you think are thugs?

First of all, I have not said one word about judging anybody. I give everyone I meet, regardless of background/culture/etc, a complete fair chance and treat everyone the exact same.

I have no idea what percentage are thugs, and I did not post any statistics. I don't even think about those sorts of things, as to me you're not a thug unless you choose to dress, talk, behave, and follow thug culture.

You are looking to validate your preconceived racist notions. You need to look at the world with open eyes and treat everyone equally rather than see anyone with an open mind as a racist. FYI, you are not a victim, so grow up and stop acting like one.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
First of all, I have not said one word about judging anybody. I give everyone I meet, regardless of background/culture/etc, a complete fair chance and treat everyone the exact same.

I have no idea what percentage are thugs, and I did not post any statistics. I don't even think about those sorts of things, as to me you're not a thug unless you choose to dress, talk, behave, and follow thug culture.

You are looking to validate your preconceived racist notions. You need to look at the world with open eyes and treat everyone equally rather than see anyone with an open mind as a racist. FYI, you are not a victim, so grow up and stop acting like one.

Choose to ignore any evidence that incriminates white guy.

Choose to invent/imagine scenarios that have not happened to incriminate black guys.

Follow, Talk like, behave like racist = racist.

BTW - If Dunn had the combination of less alcohol, more brains and a bigger dick he wouldn't have felt compelled to go out with his gun and play Dirty Harry.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
Choose to ignore any evidence that incriminates white guy.

Choose to invent/imagine scenarios that have not happened to incriminate black guys.

Follow, Talk like, behave like racist = racist.

You seriously do not understand the term evidence or incriminate. There is no actual evidence which incriminates the victim in this situation. "Not finding a gun yet" is not evidence. None of the witnesses (as far as we know) have been properly interviewed.

I am the pinnacle of innocent until proven guilty. This has nothing at all do with race or etc, those are associations you are choosing to make.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You seriously do not understand the term evidence or incriminate. There is no actual evidence which incriminates the victim in this situation. "Not finding a gun yet" is not evidence. None of the witnesses (as far as we know) have been properly interviewed.

I am the pinnacle of innocent until proven guilty. This has nothing at all do with race or etc, those are associations you are choosing to make.

"They must have ditched the gun"
Of course you don't make things up

"They weren't just going out to look at Christmas lights"
Of course that wasn't an attempt to malign

Air must be getting stale under the sheet.

Sep 7, 2009
"They must have ditched the gun"
Of course you don't make things up

"They weren't just going out to look at Christmas lights"
Of course that wasn't an attempt to malign

Air must be getting stale under the sheet.

Why else would they leave the scene like that??

I know if I had some totally random guy pull up and shoot inside my vehicle, then they left the scene, I would wait for the cops. Any reasonable person would do the same.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
You chose to pre-judge people. You can post statistics all day about how all these crimes are committed by black teens. But that doesn't equate to most black teens being criminals. You will never change your mind here because you're a racist. You don't care about facts. If a study came out and said "90% of thugs are black males, but only 5% of black males are thugs" you'd still automatically consider every black male as a thug simply because you're a fucking retard who's on a mission here.

Answer me this, what percentage of black teens do you think are thugs?

From The Center for American Progress (a left-leaning group): http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/news/2012/03/13/11351/the-top-10-most-startling-facts-about-people-of-color-and-criminal-justice-in-the-united-states/

1. While people of color make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population, they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned. The prison population grew by 700 percent from 1970 to 2005, a rate that is outpacing crime and population rates. The incarceration rates disproportionately impact men of color: 1 in every 15 African American men are incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.

2. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, one in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime. Individuals of color have a disproportionate number of encounters with law enforcement, indicating that racial profiling continues to be a problem. A report by the Department of Justice found that blacks and Hispanics were approximately three times more likely to be searched during a traffic stop than white motorists. African Americans were twice as likely to be arrested and almost four times as likely to experience the use of force during encounters with the police.

4. According to recent data by the Department of Education, African American students are arrested far more often than their white classmates. The data showed that 96,000 students were arrested and 242,000 referred to law enforcement by schools during the 2009-10 school year. Of those students, black and Hispanic students made up more than 70 percent of arrested or referred students. Harsh school punishments, from suspensions to arrests, have led to high numbers of youth of color coming into contact with the juvenile-justice system and at an earlier age.

And the article goes on in that way... many more such examples. It's actually a total of 10 items, all are similar.

So, obviously, being a progressive organization... their point is "look how racist the justice system is! it's targeting blacks more!" I use the same statistics to draw a very different conclusion. One which is much more in line with the facts.

The problem with asserting that the justice system is harsher on minorities, is that we have victim reports to compare incarceration rates to, arrests to, etc. Unfortunately for those who would make that argument, who is being arrested and in what percentages, matches up very nicely with who victims reported committed the crime against them. Actually, if I recall correctly, blacks are a bit UNDER represented as compared to victim reports. (This would be due to people getting away and never being arrested, etc)

So yea, I look at the same data they use to blame the system, and the man, and white privilege... and I instead point the finger at genetics and culture. Mostly genetics because I think culture is largely an outgrowth of genetics.

Why aren't Asians similarly targeted? They're minorities too... etc. My theory? Whites and Asians have a very similar history in terms of natural selection and the type of civilizations they were maintaining, back thousands of years. Converting to a heavily agricultural lifestyle selects for different behavioral patterns, conflict-resolution skills, etc.

Blacks were the original group of humans, by not leaving our original habitat (Africa) they didn't have to change as much. Pressures put on other populations once they attempted to live in environments which our species had not evolved WITHIN (colder environments, different plant and animal life, etc... with different challenges) in turn effected those populations.

It is inevitable. It is how nature works. If a population splits off long enough from another for dramatic changes in nose shape, hair style, hair colors, eye color, average height, muscle structure, center of gravity, immune system, skin color, hormone levels, and all the other differences between groups nobody can deny and which are firmly established... then you can bet your ASS that behavioral tendencies and intellect were absolutely "up for grabs" too as far as natural selection was concerned.

Nature doesn't say "wooooah! let's not mess with that stuff, it might offend them later on!" all it cares is, how well adapted are you to your environment? Moving to a wildly different environment, WILL change you.

Anyway, to refocus myself here... and get back on your question, which yes I know what's targeted at me but I don't care...

If 1 in 3 black men can expect to go to prison on their life, and 1 in 15 is there currently... and if I put the number who never get caught for their criminality as being quite a bit higher than the number who are completely innocent of criminality and still end up in prison (which I do)... and then considering that there is a lot of "thug" behavior which won't result in prison time, even if caught...

I'm going to spit ball it and just sort of settle on... I think 70% of black men in the USA will have a "thug phase" in their early life.

I'd say about 70% of current black male teens are what I would consider thugs.

That's highly, highly unscientific but you asked someone with a similar view to me to give you a number based on their own feelings and observations right? That's what I'm doing. Highly unscientific, as I said.

Really that's not nearly enough to justify calling someone who agrees with me a racist (you might have a case for calling me that due to my excursion into the genetics argument, though I would disagree with the characterization.)

But, if someone else just said "I agree with Geo, 70% of black teen males are thugs" and nothing else... I don't think that is sufficient to call them a racist. Not at all.

That means they think 30% of black male teens are not, and that's a shit ton of people.

To my mind, the only meaningful way someone is "racist" is if they think an entire race is inferior, every single one of them a subhuman piece of shit... no exceptions.

For myself, I don't believe anything anywhere NEAR that. I think all human races, due to different selection pressures and biological histories, are more suited to some environments and activities than other groups, and less suited than other groups.

I think blacks have a huge advantage at sprinting (see the Forbes article I linked earlier) over other groups, just as one example.

I think Asians have an intelligence advantage over whites, on average.

Whites are sort of the middle ground on a lot of stuff (brain weight, IQ scores, conflict-aversion) and no rational person could ever make a case that the middle ground was "supreme" haha.

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The good old if you got two bullets in you and you are black (and dead) you are guilty until proven alive I'm not a racist you are routine... :rolleyes:

It's nice to see the racist I'm rubber and you're glue game is making a comeback...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I know if I had some totally random guy pull up and shoot inside my vehicle, then they left the scene, I would wait for the cops. Any reasonable person would do the same.

Not worried about the killer fleeing the scene for days? Sounds like way more time to get his story straight. Of course not. Let's spend more time making up shit on the black guys.

Sep 7, 2009
Not worried about the killer fleeing the scene for days? Sounds like way more time to get his story straight. Of course not. Let's spend more time making up shit on the black guys.

As I've said numerous times, the guy made a huge mistake doing that and will likely pay for it.

But, if his story is true (and we have no reason to think it isn't) and they pointed a gun at him then it is a completely justified shooting.

........Again, an old businessman who left a wedding sober and in a good mood does not fire 9 rounds into a random SUV.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

Any proof the left the scene. You guys kept saying this but I couldnt find a source.

........Again, an old businessman who left a wedding sober and in a good mood does not fire 9 rounds into a random SUV.

Right, so because Spatial says so..it is not possible.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm appealing to you to not be 100% sure how you'd react or how every single innocent person would react, under those circumstances none of us have been in.

That's the thing an innocent person should call the police. If you don't it looks wrong. I'm sure the police took into account that they didn't receive that phone call from Mr. Dunn and that they had to track him down when they made the decision to arrest him.

If you're innocent why run and then not call the police so as to make yourself look shady?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
As I've said numerous times, the guy made a huge mistake doing that and will likely pay for it.

But, if his story is true (and we have no reason to think it isn't) and they pointed a gun at him then it is a completely justified shooting.

Keep on making-up stuff....

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
blahblahblah

Now, factor in economic status into the equation.

Same here. I also would've called cops. I think... I've never been in a terrified situation like that where the weight of my life as I know it ending if I pick up that phone and call cops is laid out before me.

I'm appealing to you to not be 100% sure how you'd react or how every single innocent person would react, under those circumstances none of us have been in.

You mean right after the incident? Or after getting to the hotel? Or after waking up in the morning, watching the news and learning he'd kill someone? Or after driving home?

He also had someone with him that could have called also or talked Dunn into the doing the right thing and calling the police.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
That's the thing an innocent person should call the police. If you don't it looks wrong. I'm sure the police took into account that they didn't receive that phone call from Mr. Dunn and that they had to track him down when they made the decision to arrest him.

If you're innocent why run and then not call the police so as to make yourself look shady?

Because black people and Political correctness.

..Something like that.

Dunn is white, that means..if he called the cops, he'd be in trouble!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

His story isn't true until they find a gun.

I see three possibilities.

1. He made up a cover story. I find it plausible since he was stupid/cocky/drunk(under influence) enough to instigate the confrontation instead of just waiting 5 min and leaving.

2. He thought he saw a gun. Above still applys and include reckless/irresponsible.

3. They did pull a gun on Dunn. Based on what is currently know the least likely scenario.

Difference between you and I, I came up with those theories based on facts known. Your theories are predicated on absolving Dunn and implicating people in the car.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

I agree it looks wrong but keep in mind, they found him the next day right?

How do we know he wouldn't have called later that day after contacting a lawyer or something?

I'm just being white devil's advocate here btw.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Now, factor in economic status into the equation.

Oh I did.

Now consider whether economic status, and all other types of social status... might be the result of the genetic differences I talked about D:

woah-thumb.jpg

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Oh I did.

Now consider whether economic status, and all other types of social status... might be the result of the genetic differences I talked about D:

Eugenics again? :biggrin:

And actually, I don't see anything in that crap that references socio-economic status. But keep on thinking 70% of all black males are thugs. Crap. I'm screwed. I have black folks living all around me. Time to buy a gun.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I agree it looks wrong but keep in mind, they found him the next day right?

How do we know he wouldn't have called later that day after contacting a lawyer or something?

I'm just being white devil's advocate here btw.

Again going above and beyond to absolve Dunn at the same time let's find some stuff to make up on those kids in the car.

Oh I know Dunn was on his way to a church social and those kids were on their way to a New Black Panthers meeting. Guess it fits.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Again going above and beyond to absolve Dunn at the same time let's find some stuff to make up on those kids in the car.

It has always been my natural instinct to argue the less popular side.

When I see too many people on the same page I *always* have to do the devil's advocate thing. Have since I was a kid.

A born contrarion, perhaps.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Eugenics again? :biggrin:

And actually, I don't see anything in that crap that references socio-economic status. But keep on thinking 70% of all black males are thugs. Crap. I'm screwed. I have black folks living all around me. Time to buy a gun.

I just meant I hadn't forgotten to think about that. It's just that, like the incarceration rates etc... I interpret it differently.

And if you want to talk about the lingering effects of slavery etc etc, I'd ask you to take it back even further and ask yourself, why were some people in a condition to be enslaved on that scale in the first place?

A big part of that slavery was all about a huge gulf of technological and civilizational development between Europeans and Africans, for instance... it enabled the Europeans to look at Africans and not see them as civilizational equals. They were right, in that. The level of civilization and technological advancement was hugely different in the two continents.

So, why... despite having longer than any other group (by virtue of existing longer) and having a continent with plenty of resources... were Africans still in that kind of condition that late into human history? Is it because, by not having left our original habitat... they never faced pressures which other groups did?

Pressures which lead to, in fact may have even REQUIRED the development of other lifestyles and technologies?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Think this through. When you are arrested you are read your Miranda rights if the police know how to do their jobs and anyone who's seen enough cop shows know that access to a lawyer is mentioned.

Leaving the scene of the shooting then not calling the police or walking into a police station makes Mr. Dunn look shady.

You can dream up any hypothetical situation you want about what happened but any one of them that doesn't acknowledge how Mr. Dunn's behavior is questionable really really strains credibility. *If* Mr. Dunn was involved in a justifiable shoot then making the police find him doesn't help his case.

He has had visitors and has been able to obtain an attorney. How would contacting the police immediately have changed this? It wouldn't have.

They may even have let him go initially like authorities did in Mr. Zimmerman's case.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
His story isn't true until they find a gun.

I see three possibilities.

1. He made up a cover story. I find it plausible since he was stupid/cocky/drunk(under influence) enough to instigate the confrontation instead of just waiting 5 min and leaving.

2. He thought he saw a gun. Above still applys and include reckless/irresponsible.

3. They did pull a gun on Dunn. Based on what is currently know the least likely scenario.

Difference between you and I, I came up with those theories based on facts known. Your theories are predicated on absolving Dunn and implicating people in the car.

Yea, I don't know why Dunn's fan club thinks that because he wasn't drunk doesnt mean he wasnt under the influence.