Team Fortress2 Update coming next Tuesday

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
My quick thoughts:
cp_steel sucks
badwater basin is pretty damn cool
Arena mode blows when there are more than 16 players on a server. If I want to watch other people play when I'm dead, I'll go play CS:S. And I really don't like sitting out an entire round when there are too many people!
Haven't played as a heavy since the update yet.

Apr 17, 2005
when i read the description for arena mode, i thought they were trying to make a cs-type mode for tf2. is that a fair assessment?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Finally tried it. Sandvich is as amazing as I though. Haven't got the boxing gloves yet.

Don't know what to make of the Natascha yet. I could barely kill anything with it. The 'slow' down is barely noticable, and may not be worth the 25% damage reduction considering the regular version doesn't do all that much damage at moderate ranges in the first place. Lets see where I am in a week.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Update:
[-]August 20, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released (8/20/2008)

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed an invalid skin crash on TF weapons

Fixed a viewmodel related crash when switching classes away from Medic

Fixed not getting the Arena team menu after watching the intro movie on Arena maps

Fixed some problems with localized text

geoffry

Sep 3, 2007
After installing the Catalyst 8.8's I seem to be fine.

After restarting steam mighta updated too.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I have Orange Box coming in the mail (25$ CC deal). My only experience with the game is one free weekend- so about 3 hours of gameplay. Not a difficult game for sure, but if anyone has any tips for a new player (not a noob :p), they are appreciated.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: spittledip
I have Orange Box coming in the mail (25$ CC deal). My only experience with the game is one free weekend- so about 3 hours of gameplay. Not a difficult game for sure, but if anyone has any tips for a new player (not a noob :p), they are appreciated.

We could give class-specific hints, but, overall there's not much to say other than don't get all butt hurt if you don't immediately pwn. You're going to have to pay your dues and learn from failure a lot before you start getting good.

A few things. As I've said before, the biggest problem with the game is team stacking. Usually one team is fairly dominant and playing on that side is going to be a lot more fun. So, before choosing teams, hit tab and see which side has more wins or more points that round or has the players you come to know are better and wait to join that team rather than the other team.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
ever since this patch came out I cant connect
I get a "servers are too busy to hanlde your request"
WTH

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
when i read the description for arena mode, i thought they were trying to make a cs-type mode for tf2. is that a fair assessment?

Its more like team based deathmatch with no respawn