Team Fortress 2 Scout update!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: BlueAcolyte
F*** YEA!!! But is the site down?

Not for me.

Looks like the Energy Drink is up now and the list of achievements: http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/energydrink.htm

I AM A FREAKIN' BLUR HERE

Runnin? rings around all them molasses-slow dummies out there on the battle- field is thirsty frickin? work. But when it comes to quenchin? that thirst, only one thermonuclear thirst detonator packs all the ?Atomic Punch? you?ll ever need. Bonk! is fulla radiation, which as we all know is pretty great for givin? people superpowers. Just one can?ll blast ya into a few second rush of radioactive energy so powerful you?ll be dodgin? bullets like they ain?t even there!

Note: Bonk! contains several hundred times the daily recommended allowance of sugar. After the beneficial effects of the radiation wear off, drinkers have reported experiencing feelings of lethargy that can last several seconds. Reading this sentence absolves Bonk! of any liability for killing sprees inspired by or deaths resulting from the ingestion of Bonk! Enjoy Bonk! responsibly? Or by the case!

Haha, sounds like a great little speed boost.

KT

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
So are they just posting the descriptions, or are the listed ones in the game now?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: sjwaste
So are they just posting the descriptions, or are the listed ones in the game now?

Just the descriptions for now. They will put them in-game next week with the update.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: zerocool84
So that drink gives you even faster running???

Sounds like it, with some sort of short cooldown/side effect aftwards.

KT

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

I wonder how fast it'll make you run. Maybe fast enough to run by sentries and not get killed??? If that's the case then that'd be very interesting.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004

KT

I wonder how fast it'll make you run. Maybe fast enough to run by sentries and not get killed??? If that's the case then that'd be very interesting.

I think that's what valve is trying to do with it. Make some way scouts can (sort of) counter sentry guns.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: 40Hands

KT

I think that's what valve is trying to do with it. Make some way scouts can (sort of) counter sentry guns.

sounds like it, but when it wears out, you'll prolly be slower than normal for a few secs and possibly take a health hit.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: 40Hands

KT

This will be great! Have a scout sprint past a sentry gun to "distract" it while a pyro/demoman come in behind the scout and destroys it.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/egypt.htm

CP_Egypt and a Fastlane update

CP_Egypt
A Dustbowl-style control point map, Egypt is visually striking, full of great combat spaces, and features some really interesting uses of vertical space. Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly (Soldiers, Demomen, and Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable ) have lots of options for traversing the arenas. In addition, the ruins provide Engineers with a large number of potential sentrygun locations.

CP_Fastlane Update
Fastlane is an update to one of the first community maps we shipped. This release features a wide variety of changes, from spawn and capture timer tweaks, to geometry and art modifications, to exploit fixes.

Egypt is fun, though it's been a while since I last played it.

KT

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/egypt.htm

CP_Egypt and a Fastlane update

CP_Egypt
A Dustbowl-style control point map, Egypt is visually striking, full of great combat spaces, and features some really interesting uses of vertical space. Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly (Soldiers, Demomen, and Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable ) have lots of options for traversing the arenas. In addition, the ruins provide Engineers with a large number of potential sentrygun locations.

CP_Fastlane Update
Fastlane is an update to one of the first community maps we shipped. This release features a wide variety of changes, from spawn and capture timer tweaks, to geometry and art modifications, to exploit fixes.

Egypt is fun, though it's been a while since I last played it.

KT

Hmm I never played the Egypt map at all. It looks interesting.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
so, the scout's final un-lockable will be a new scattergun.

i think i've played egypt once a while back.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
AT LAST SCOUTS GOT SOMETHING NICE!!!!

The most useless class in the game get some use!!!!!

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Pelu

I'll take you 1v1 as scout, you can pick your class.

Feelin lucky? :cool:

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: videogames101
Originally posted by: Pelu

I'll take you 1v1 as scout, you can pick your class.

Feelin lucky? :cool:

1v1 is different then a crowded pub match.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
I just bought TF2 and don't exactly "get it"

Definitely has a learning curve for an FPS. *goes back to BF2/BF2142*