Tbh you should cook your meat only sparingly(raw omnivour)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I fully support your endeavor. Please prove all these know-it-all sons-of-bitches wrong by thriving on your raw meat diet. Then you can stick it in their stupid, smug faces.
Naer, I'm very disappointed in you. Their smug faces remain unsticked-in because of your failure. But the good news is, it's not too late! Every day is another chance to prove the merits of a raw meat diet!

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We are humans being and we are built differently from animals. There are no proven benefits of eating raw meat. Not enough evidence to support your thesis.
Does this really look like thesis level work to you?

You're posing in a Naer thread.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
We are humans being and we are built differently from animals. There are no proven benefits of eating raw meat. Not enough evidence to support your thesis.
You are contending that human beings are not animals? That's news to me. :D

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Going raw only works in very certain circumstances. NEVER for pork, peeps, unless you want some worm infection devour you.

Beef, the taste of blood is freaking delicious. Thus, being closer to rare is superior for beef consumption. Also saves some unnecessary emissions.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Posts like these are delusional nonsense in which humans overrate the power of their own grey matter.

Humans are semi-pliable but not very pliable mental creatures with insatiable animal desires to avoid death and propagate the species.

Aside from grey matter, humans are kindred spirits with mice, rats, pigs, and rabbits.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Going raw only works in very certain circumstances. NEVER for pork, peeps, unless you want some worm infection devour you.

Beef, the taste of blood is freaking delicious. Thus, being closer to rare is superior for beef consumption. Also saves some unnecessary emissions.
I don't cook meat rare, never have. The beef I eat is actually long cooked for tenderness. I don't waste my money on fancy steaks, I get cheap roasts, cut off as much fat as reasonable and cook till tender. I'm no vampire.

And as noted, cook the bejeesus out of pork to avoid terrible parasitic infection. Well, enough!

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I cook pork to 145F - some pink is good. Trichinosis isn't as much of a risk as it used to be.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I cook pork to 145F - some pink is good. Trichinosis isn't as much of a risk as it used to be.
And its so so so so very delicious :)

Of course it depends on the cut.
You'd be insane to cook pork shoulder to only 145, as the connective tissues break down a lot better around 190-200.

But a pork tenderloin, anything beyond like 155ish ruins it/dries it out.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

I think Naer would be perfectly happy living in a zoo as an exhibit.