TAC Note: New project: Correlizer

Philippart

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2006
Correlizer

Research area:
Biology/Medicine

Developers:
Biophysical Genomics Group, Dept. Cell Biology, Erasmus Medical Center and Erasmus Grid Office, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Genome Organization & Function Group, BioQuant Center/German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Hosted by the University of Heidelberg, Germany

http://svahesrv2.bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de/correlizer/

Description:
They have a very long description and background section on the website, here's a kind of summary
[...]The sequential organization of genomes, i.e. the relations between distant base pairs and regions within sequences, and its connection to the three-dimensional architectural organization of genomes is still a largely unresolved problem.[...]

[...]Here we ask for your support by donating your computer resources for Correlizer, to reveal these mysteries further and thus lay the foundation for better diagnosis and treatment of diseases.[...]

happy crunching

Edit: I added the second quotation

Last edited:

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I just added it. Simap is almost done for the month. I'll give this a go till the primegrid race.

Cheers

edit:spelling

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Thanks, Tom :thumbsup:

I had to wait until I reached 1 million on NFS. Now I am aboard!

Last edited:

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Correlizer must be desperate! I hit the save profile button and immediately became the User of the Day! TA, DAH!

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
:biggrin:

RT, is this project linux friendly?

Yes, if you don't select the testing option. Mine all got "out of time" errors at the five minute mark. It might be fixed by now.

The regular return 11 points per 20 minute processing.

I don't know what the testing WUs return because I had 70 cancel on me.

I will be moving a three-core over some time today.

Stats.Free-DC updates once a day just after midnight

Last edited:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Yes, if you don't select the testing option. Mine all got "out of time" errors at the five minute mark. It might be fixed by now.

The regular return 11 points per 20 minute processing.

I don't know what the testing WUs return because I had 70 cancel on me.

I will be moving a three-core over some time today.

Thanks! I'll give beta testing a try to see if they've got a fix.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Got a bunch of the betas that are "validation inconclusive". I turned off the betas too.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I hope they fix the check pointing soon. I get error wu's everything I shutdown or reboot.
Not a lot of lost cpu time, but still annoying.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Just started the beta ap up. Looks like they implemented the checkpoints. Everything looking good so far.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Is anyone else running the beat app? I have an interesting discovery, but I'd like a second look at it. I'm running windows7x64, and any time my wingman is running linux, the WU gets marked as inconclusive. If both have windows I have no problem. If the third WU goes to a linux system, I get marked as error, if the third goes to a windows system I get validated.

There seems to be a discrepancy between the windows and linux beta apps which doesnt allow similar results.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Is anyone else running the beat app? I have an interesting discovery, but I'd like a second look at it. I'm running windows7x64, and any time my wingman is running linux, the WU gets marked as inconclusive. If both have windows I have no problem. If the third WU goes to a linux system, I get marked as error, if the third goes to a windows system I get validated.

There seems to be a discrepancy between the windows and linux beta apps which doesnt allow similar results.

You are correct! Most of my wingmen ran Windows, so I lost out on a bunch. I turned off the beta switch for now. Will try it again after the PrimeGrid race.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
You are correct! Most of my wingmen ran Windows, so I lost out on a bunch. I turned off the beta switch for now. Will try it again after the PrimeGrid race.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I posted to the message board. Its gotten 20+ hits but no reply so far.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
TeAm is now 10th. Biodoc and RT are 26th and 27th in project and 9th and 10th in USA.

If we could recruit a heavy hitter (someone whose farm can produce over 50K per day), that heavy hitter would have an excellent chance to reach 1 million first and get his name in the record books. (That's a hint!) The current leader produces 28K per day and has 560K.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I want to contribute but still no internet access. They say it could be a week. I get phone catv and internet from a single provider. They say the problem is in our house. I've got 2 neighbors also down and branches, limbs hanging off the cables on the pole across the street. Looking for a new provider. Sorry about spelling grammar, posting from cell phone.

Edit: all 3 services are down and the problem is in the house?? :)

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I have set up a computer for Correlizer. If it plays OK for the first 10 WUs I'll add some more computers.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I want to contribute but still no internet access. They say it could be a week. I get phone catv and internet from a single provider. They say the problem is in our house. I've got 2 neighbors also down and branches, limbs hanging off the cables on the pole across the street. Looking for a new provider. Sorry about spelling grammar, posting from cell phone.

Edit: all 3 services are down and the problem is in the house?? :)

Did you check to see if the tin can fell off of their string?

But seriously folks,

1) check all cable connections for tightness--a little bit more than finger tight.
2) if you use a splitter, try removing it to see if that helps. (I've had a splitter fail once--took days to find.)

A couple of years ago, Comcast told me the same thing. I made an agreement with them--the technician would check the line at the wall in my apartment. If the signal was good, I would pay for the visit. It turned out they had a corroded connection in the telephone closet.

An angle to use when talking to them--always emphasize the loss of the phone. There are federal laws about the reliability of phone service that makes cable companies nervous.

Last edited:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Did you check to see if the tin can fell off of their string?

But seriously folks,

1) check all cable connections for tightness--a little bit more than finger tight.
2) if you use a splitter, try removing it to see if that helps. (I've had a splitter fail once--took days to find.)

A couple of years ago, Comcast told me the same thing. I made an agreement with them--the technician would check the line at the wall in my apartment. If the signal was good, I would pay for the visit. It turned out they had a corroded connection in the telephone closet.

An angle to use when talking to them--always emphasize the loss of the phone. There are federal laws about the reliability of phone service that makes cable companies nervous.

:biggrin::biggrin:

All 3 services came back up sometime last night! :)

Running correlizer again!