Super flaming hot!!! Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm HD for $9.99 AR @OfficeDepot - DEAD DEAL

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eno

Jan 29, 2002
Did any of you get your rebates yet? I received a email from Maxtor about it was processing and should be here soon. What word of the OfficeDepot rebates? How do I check up on them again?

otisp

Jun 12, 2001
I don't get it. I just received a post card from rebateshq saying that "The UPC barcode submitted is not eligible for this promotion," but when I checked the rebateshq.com website it said that "Your rebate is valid and is in the final stages of processing...."

What's up with that?

unclebud

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2000
call them and find out and make sure it's (the rebate) straight
have all paperwork @ hand and ready
good luck

JoeKew1

Sep 22, 2000
Got an email from Express Group today as well "Please wait 10 days for delivery".
Also, my RebatesHQ.com is showing up, but still falls under the "processing" status. Hopefully will be mailed out soon!

CheapGator

Mar 21, 2002
This is just a side note for the people who haven't been able to find there rebate online even though it's been a while. For expressgroup Type in the first few letters of your last name instead of the whole thing, and the zip code. You'll get a listing of everyone who matches that and chances are they mispelled your name. I sent in 4 rebates and 3 of them were wrong but the first 3 letters get them all to show up. Not very secure but lets you find stuff out without calling them. As for rebateshq, The whole thing counts but they email you the same day as processing. Just hope they didn't screw up both spellings.

UltraWide

May 13, 2000
my OD rebate was denied!? they said something about buying it with a business card... such BS. Oh well.

my maxtor rebate was approved....

Mac

Oct 31, 1999
Would some one please PM me with copies of the rebate forms. I sent everything but have not rec'd any word regarding the rebates. Thought I should do a little tracking and couldn't find any of the paper work.

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2002
I'm having trouble with the Maxtor rebate...
can someone help me?
where are u suppose to track the rebate? on RebatesHQ?
i signed in on RebatesHQ, but there was no indications that shows i've submitted my rebate request.
is there something wrong? Is there a number that i can call in which i can speak to a real CSR?
i've tried calling this number:1.888.241.6208. but it's all automated messages.
I've also tried the other number..i forget what the numbers are.. it only tells you how to send the rebate
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
someone help me!!

ishmael2k

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Well I am bringing this up from the depths to relate all that has happened..

As previously stated I received my drive to late to qualify for the OD rebate but a very nice CSR went ahead and credited my CC for the $30.00 I have also received notification that my Maxtor rebate is good to go and I should get in within the month. All well and good but things take a down turn... :( Within 4 days of having the new drive installed it dies on me... :( :(

I immediately call Maxtor, tell them what has happened and that I am very displeased with the situation as I had just got my system back up to speed. The CSR from Maxtor was extremely nice but he couldn't RMA my drive as it didn't have the correct numbers on the label!!!! :( :| So I had to scan the drive and fax them a copy of the scan, then wait for an ok from a supervisor.. I was getting steamed at this point.

Get a call back the next day, all is good. It seems as though Maxtor has begun to streamline the numbering process on their drives and not all of the CSRs were up to speed. So I get an Express RMA and the drive arrives today (3 days later or so) and low and behold it is a DiamondMax Plus 9, 60g liquid bearing 7200rpm drive!!! :):)

So for approx. $14 I get 60gs of liquid bearing hdd. Plus it has the 3 year warranty still!

All in all a good day for me!

Rob

dirtrat

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Since this is such and old and OVER deal and thread, maybe its time to bring it to the "Rebate Thread" where it belongs instead of reviving it all the time!

pcmax

Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: dirtrat
Since this is such and old and OVER deal and thread, maybe its time to bring it to the "Rebate Thread" where it belongs instead of reviving it all the time!

I would agree.

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
wow this thread has a lot of posts. I just PM'd the OP so hopefully he'll change the title soon to avoid more confusion.

edit: I also told the mods to ASP the PHP to the HTML ASAP, so that we all won't be SOL in the IMAP when the GPL comes around and the MIR gets stuck in the LCD B&M with the WTB TFT. LOL! YMMV of course.

<== in a goofy mood :D

tgillitzr

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Smolek
Originally posted by: VirtualLarry
Originally posted by: Smolek
Originally posted by: tgillitzr
The one for express group showed up online back in early september.

The one for RebatesHQ still didn't show up online today. So I checked my certified mail reciept and it showed it was delivered in MIAMI FLORIDA. It was suppost to go to MCALLEN TEXAS. AHH!!!

I called USPS and they say certified is not guaranteed. They opened a case number, blah blah blah, but I'm pretty much screwed out of my rebate.

how the hell did that happen ?

I'm just repeating what I read in another Hot Deals thread, but it appears that one of the major rebate-processing centers, has moved from TX to FL. Most likely, your rebate was actually delivered correctly, forwarded to the new address. There was some confusion over another rebate deal here, as there were two rebate forms printed, one with the TX address, and one with the FL address, but the same "Dept #", etc., and turned out to be the same rebate, except that some of the forms got printed with their old address, and some with their new address.

ahh ok.

I forgot to update this, but I called RebateHQ.com and the lady I talked to allowed me to fax my documentation in for resubmission. It showed up the next day as Approved. :)

JoeKew1

Sep 22, 2000
I got my Office Depot rebate today too! This was the one from Walled Lake, MI - The one that was taken down off the website after a couple days.
Now if the Maxtor rebate would hurry up and get here, I would actually have no more rebates out at all!

tnt2

Apr 8, 2002
I received the $30 check from Office Depot yesterday. The Maxtor $30 rebate has shown up on www.rebateshq.com. My submission was received on 9/20, up to 30 days to mail check. Only enter your first name, last name, & zip code. The tracking will not show up if you also enter your email address & phone #.

exisle

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2001
On rebates I already got it says the status is:

Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and your reward is scheduled for fulfillment. Please allow 10 to 15 days for mail delivery. Thank you.

but on the maxtor rebate it just says

Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is in the final stages of processing and should be mailed to you within the next 30 days.

I'm wondering how long it takes to "process" the rebate, perhaps they should have said they are "processing interest on the money":)