Star Citizen Development Discussion (Is Derek Smart Right?)

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Look. I suggest anyone who is agitated right now because of words should take a step back and rethink things. We all can have our own opinions in this thread. Thats the point of it. If you want to discuss why cig is stealing artwork lets do it. We have evidence that they are doing it.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
do you have any evidence that croberts isnt the tickler in black?
Can you make a post without showing your evident bias?
also if the thread is a complete joke then why force yourself to read it? There is a safe place for you. I cant follow you there. Enjoy it.
I'm not asking for a safe space. I'm asking for evidence of the claims being made in this thread. Too quote the OP "Maybe we can discuss the development aspects of CIG here?". I've seen little of that going on in this thread. What I have seen is people making a lot of accusations with no evidence too substantiate them.
0a749c7d6e.png

looks like they took some halo artwork as well.
Can you provide more information on this picture? When was it originally posted, where was it originally posted, who posted it? Links would be preferable.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
yes let me do a ton of work into the background of the starmarine cover art for you, anonymous poster.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
yes let me do a ton of work into the background of the starmarine cover art for you, anonymous poster.
So you can't provide any evidence showing that the picture you posted is accurate or correct in its assertions. Can you at least prove how old the picture is?

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I agree with this. If someone doesn't like this thread he doesn't need to read it. I don't get it, why people wont's to close this thread... New American Trump democracy? :D Don't go on me Trump voters, it was a joke.
This is not the place to discuss the finer points of American politics. Please leave your political feelings out of this thread. I understand that you are just joking but politics is a subject that can spin out of control very quickly.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
Let me refresh your memory :)
You were the first person who used report function of this forum:

And if I remember you liked the feeling :D

So what changed:
- You realized that the guy on vacation is a troll?(I used your word...)
-You don't like it when someone else reported you so you can't call people goons?(again your word...)
- Or you just don't like the person who reported the guy on vacation or you?

Don't hate the player , hate the game :D After all, its your game...

Shall we go back to what was being said? I reported a very obvious violation of the forum rules. You've since toned it down, so win for everyone? If you want to discuss development and throw out some actual evidence, then please, be my guess. However, if this thread continues to devolve into a SA circle jerk where we're posting lovely jpegs that have no relation to the development and start throwing out terms like the "tickler", this thread should probably be shut down, no? Because pretty sure despite Derek's obvious obsession and SA's continued circle jerk around him (for the lulz, of course), that's not a discussion on SC's development.

If I were you, I would stay away from calling people trolls also :D I would stay away from generalizations which you like to use when someone doesn't agree with you guys...

Stop trolling and you won't be called a troll? I haven't called you a troll since your original remark since you seem to have lightened up. J, on the other hand, is in this for the lulz. If he actually had evidence for half the stuff he parrots from his "WAAAHLORD", we'd be having a different discussion. However, he doesn't.

Be nice Senpai :)

I'm always nice :)

I agree with this. If someone doesn't like this thread he doesn't need to read it. I don't get it, why people wont's to close this thread... New American Trump democracy? :D Don't go on me Trump voters, it was a joke :D

If this thread was back to a page or so ago before our resident SA member joined in and stuck on topic, rather than spamming the place with jpegs and referencing doxxed bull (i.e. your tired SA antics), I don't think it should be shut down.

In the mean time, this thread is open, and everyone can deal with others having differing opinions.

So why are some people angry then, if someone say that cig will never finish the game?

Who's angry? In the meantime, I hope no one is getting their feelings hurt that we don't take Derek's word that SC is a complete and utter scam and will never release at face value.

Because remember, 2 weeks, 90 days tops.

EDIT: And furthermore.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
I don't care. Im not american and if you guys can't handle this go out and drink a beer or two :p And I don't have a political feelings about america ;) Actually I don't give a f*** My own country got enough issues for me.

Except, again, ya know, forum rules? Pretty sure there's a forum somewhere that deals with that sort of thing. In case you're confused, "PC Gaming" is not "Politics and News". Have a lovely discussion about Our Dear Leader there.

Otherwise, should I use that button?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
There are too many god damn thread sheriffs around here. Do you really think the mods care about some dweebs video game? Please dont bother them because words. Lighten up.

Reactions: Zanovar

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
You really didn't got it from the last time you report me? :)

I like this threat :)

Im almost 40 years old, do u really think i give a crap about ban? :D
Ahahaha ur funny little f**** arent u? :D

This? Oh, I remember. However, the fact that you don't care doesn't put you above forum rules or give you license to troll :) We asked nicely to not bring P&N in here, you said "I don't care" and I reminded you of the rules. I'd rather you just man up and police yourself.

You are a very boring person.

Personally, I'd love to see some evidence as well. However, we know why you're not responding with any :)

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
This? Oh, I remember. However, the fact that you don't care doesn't put you above forum rules or give you license to troll :) We asked nicely to not bring P&N in here, you said "I don't care" and I reminded you of the rules. I'd rather you just man up and police yourself.

Personally, I'd love to see some evidence as well. However, we know why you're not responding with any :)

Evidence of what? They used ahlo art? I posted the evidence. Matlock over here is trying to ask me for the origins as if the halo art was photoshopped into the starmarine art. lol.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
But unlike a home construction contract (which prohibits the very thing you're saying the builder would do), the Star Citizen pledge contact explicitly allows for CIG to expand the scope of the project as more funds come in. Indefinitely as far as I can tell.

For the salty people who don't understand this...it's their own fault.

I've been a participant in the other thread for 3 years now. I've never seen anyone say "this shiny jpeg is awesome and you should shell out money for it". You see what you want to see. Instead you'll see lots of advice about, if you want in start with a starter package and test out ships during free fly weeks if you want to expand your fleet. We're pretty up front about the risk of failure (it exists), the timelines (they're long and indefinable), and the state of the code (it's very buggy).

I really don't recall them starting that way. In fact, my memory could be hazy here, but I don't recall them saying at all they were going to keep expanding the scope to the point it wouldn't allow them to finish much during the kickstarter. That's the issue for some of us. I can see them running into issues here and there causing delays, I could even see them running into issues that causes them to need more money to complete.. but it's when it's this long delayed.. and worse.. when they've gathered more money than most games net and somehow still have no finished game to show for it, there's an issue for me. I get there's a buggy Alpha, but that's not the game.. hell.. they're now saying we won't get the full game, but only a slice. No other business would ever be allowed to function like this.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
they are going to run out of money. Im working with an actor now whos name you all would know but you wouldnt consider that actor to be gary oldman level. We are doing mocap with him. 190k a day. 5 days for the film. Now add up this cast of characters croberts has put together and lol. plus 5 studios and that overhead. Get ready.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
they are going to run out of money. Im working with an actor now whos name you all would know but you wouldnt consider that actor to be gary oldman level. We are doing mocap with him. 190k a day. 5 days for the film. Now add up this cast of characters croberts has put together and lol. plus 5 studios and that overhead. Get ready.
ELE!!! ELE!!! 2 weeks, 90 days tops!

For real this time. Really real.

And furthermore.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
At what point can an engine be declared new and sellable? Everyone keeps talking about how much CR and crew have had to 'heavily modify' the crytek engine. Are they approaching the point where they can say it's a whole new engine? I gather with the issues crytek is having they will probably just end up buying the whole thing, but I've been wondering how much something has to be modified before it's sellable by those that modified it. Could CR and crew recoup some of their dev money by licensing the engine?

Reactions: SLU Aequitas

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
At what point can an engine be declared new and sellable? Everyone keeps talking about how much CR and crew have had to 'heavily modify' the crytek engine. Are they approaching the point where they can say it's a whole new engine? I gather with the issues crytek is having they will probably just end up buying the whole thing, but I've been wondering how much something has to be modified before it's sellable by those that modified it. Could CR and crew recoup some of their dev money by licensing the engine?

Does cig have any examples of a game that runs starengine?

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007

This I would actually be interested in. I know that CIG has full source access to Cryengine and have made huge changes to significant portions of the code, but I would guess it'd come down to the contract ultimately.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
You are a very boring person.
Your personal feelings about me has little bearing on this topic.
Evidence of what? They used ahlo art? I posted the evidence. Matlock over here is trying to ask me for the origins as if the halo art was photoshopped into the starmarine art. lol.
What if I told you I made that image. I stretched the truth a little when I made it but that doesn't matter. Do you believe me?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Your personal feelings about me has little bearing on this topic.

What if I told you I made that image. I stretched the truth a little when I made it but that doesn't matter. Do you believe me?

Wow you are an amazing lawyer, matlock.

are you going to take me to....

maxresdefault.jpg

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
everyone bring out your space evidence...

Ill continue since I have been posting so much...

THE SPACE DOOR no it wasnt cobbled together with some old wood from the backyard as some would have you believe.

and my jpeg evidence...

IbHZA23.jpg

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Wow you are an amazing lawyer, matlock.

are you going to take me to....

maxresdefault.jpg
More pictures with no substance. This is not really unexpected.
everyone bring out your space evidence...

Ill continue since I have been posting so much...

THE SPACE DOOR no it wasnt cobbled together with some old wood from the backyard as some would have you believe.

and my jpeg evidence...

IbHZA23.jpg
So Ray in customer service said the door is just wood and a garage door opener. Ray from customer service probably has a lot of knowledge when it comes to automated sliding doors. I would think Ray is probably an expert on them. Did Ray reply with those prices too or did someone else?

What if I told you I just got done talking to my Stanley rep. I showed him your picture and he said the MSRP on the door is around $8500 but if you shop around you can get it much cheaper. He said that custom work like that isn't uncommon and estimated it too be around $4000. Do you believe me?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
please show the court 20 space door equivalents of the stanley garage door opener.

thats made out of wood from the backyard and painted by the team.

oh no. stanleyaccess doesnt have msrp because they arent in the channel. They dont even have map. I guess you literally need to call a rep to get pricing so I find your evidence suspect.

Last edited: