Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
trying to log in to bump up to $125 but the site is getting hammered.
Apparently you'll be able to bump up after the official campaign ends, so you might be better off waiting a day at this rate.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
All the lag on the live stream and the crashed website is bringing back memories of WoW launch week.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Dropping $60 on this one (my first ever support for such a thing). What's this Referrer Username or Email thing?

Reactions: shortylickens

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
You can always put in a referrer later. It doesn't really matter. Plus there's a few dozen people here who would love to be your referrer (and no way to fairly decide it).

Reactions: shortylickens

Cyco-Dude

Oct 27, 2012
Dropping $60 on this one (my first ever support for such a thing). What's this Referrer Username or Email thing?
if you pledged on the rsi website, you click on "your account" at the top. there is a box where you can enter a friends user name (mine is Cyco-Dude ) or e-mail address. if you pledged on kickstarter, you will be sent a survey at the end asking if anyone referred you, where you can give their user name or e-mail. the referee (that's you) gets 250 extra credits and a chance to win some swag.

Cyco-Dude

Oct 27, 2012
$6,237,103
well...it actually stopped at 6.225M and change when the kickstarter ended. people can still make pledges though on the rsi website so it'll continue to go up (for instance, it sits at $6,244,38 right now!). mind-blowing, to say the least.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
It's called thread crapping. Go away.

Go fish.

Title doesn't say anythiing about posting only about positive feelings towards your donations.

I have serious reservations about this proposed game, due to the guy's history. None of you have to give it any consideration, that's your right. You don't get to decide who can comment about it though. Unless you are a mod.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Go fish.

Title doesn't say anythiing about posting only about positive feelings towards your donations.

I have serious reservations about this proposed game, due to the guy's history. None of you have to give it any consideration, that's your right. You don't get to decide who can comment about it though. Unless you are a mod.

His history? His history has been pretty much successful when it comes to game development/direction. His entire resume in terms of pretty much every game he's ever worked on has been highly regarded.

His filmography on the other hand has been less than stellar, but it was a dream of his to pursue and he did to some (rather limited) success.

I'm pretty sure his capital investment plus the crowdfunding budget given will produce a fairly high quality title. I think they may be overpromising for the time frame they're giving if anything.

The bigger question I have is "Who the hell are you and who do you know that has worked with Roberts?" Sources please! Otherwise I tend to think you're just an anonymous internet hater talking out of your ass for the sake of doing so.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Have Double Fine delivered on their kickstarter yet?

The only people who have actually delivered a product to their audience that I can think of right now is the YouTuber freddiew.

and the Ukiyo-e guy

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Tempted to pledge but after getting burned by MWO, not willing to do the same thing again.

Yup, MWO was my first and also last time i EVER put money into a project before it launches and i can read some reviews or play a demo for myself.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Have Double Fine delivered on their kickstarter yet?

The only people who have actually delivered a product to their audience that I can think of right now is the YouTuber freddiew.

and the Ukiyo-e guy

FTL was released and successful after its kickstarter. I have it, and it is pretty good. I don't have that much hope for the other projects I backed, but I hope they are fun if and when they are released.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I only "donate" to people I trust. Double Fine, Roberts, Obsidian...

Meh, I took a chance on The Banner Saga and it seems to be working out.

Sure there will be some flops, but I have a feeling a lot of the skeptics will be eating their words in a year.

Cyco-Dude

Oct 27, 2012
for those that were having trouble in the rsi website during the last 48 hours, they are having a grace period where you'll be able to pledge (or purchase add-ons, or upgrade your current pledge) at the original tiers and prices until monday november 26th.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I had a weird situation. The night before the deadline, I noticed one (1) spot opened up in the $30 digital tier. I was previously at the $35 level because $30 sold out. The tiers are identical. Anyway, I changed my pledge and it worked. On KS, I am showing $30 level, however the confirmation of the change says $35 and I was charged $35. It's not a big deal, just $5 but this "bug" seems really annoying and I wonder how many people it affects. Also, what happens if we were dealing with something larger like going from $500 to $250 and it failed. I reached out to both the creators and KS and neither have answered. I don't expect them too either due to the sheer size of this project and the amount of emails they are surely getting.

Cyco-Dude

Oct 27, 2012
that's weird...if you changed the pledge amount to $30 and clicked on the $30 reward instead of the $35 reward, it should've worked? unless someone beat you to the punch and snagged it 1 second before you did. you're right about cs e-mails. they'll look into it i'm sure, it'll take a day or two though.