SS3:BFE Release Date Announce, up to 20% Pre-order discount, new video!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Nope, no preloading, and they're releasing it at the same time that Batman:AC comes out. Good luck even getting to play it tomorrow.

So more like it gets released on the 22, but we might get to play it over the weekend.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
What is going on with SS3? Steam usually lets people start preloading 1 - 3 days before release.

I guess we will have to download on the day the game is released. Might just leave my computer on all day so SS3 can start downloading while I am work.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
What is going on with SS3? Steam usually lets people start preloading 1 - 3 days before release.

I guess we will have to download on the day the game is released. Might just leave my computer on all day so SS3 can start downloading while I am work.

That's what I'll be doing, as I have ortho appointment for my daughter right when the download starts.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Thunder storms moving through the area this morning. Turned my computer off and turned off the power strip before I left home.

No early download for me.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Thunder storms moving through the area this morning. Turned my computer off and turned off the power strip before I left home.

Same here, but I'm going to battle through it. I've waited too damn long for this.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010

Or just leave it turned on and have a good power strip; that's kind of the purpose of those...

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
man..the game comes out in hours and I haven't read much about it at all which worries me but that trailer is good stuff. Not sure if I should pull the trigger...

Unfortunately, it's been overshadowed by Skyrim, Batman, BF3 and MW3. But, it will kick ass.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Is anyone else unable to install Serious Sam 3 on Steam? The game is listed as being available and they even announced it on Twitter, but the game is still listed as "coming soon" in my games section.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Is anyone else unable to install Serious Sam 3 on Steam? The game is listed as being available and they even announced it on Twitter, but the game is still listed as "coming soon" in my games section.

Restart steam?

Change your download location? I switch between Houston, Dallas and Chicago, depending on which one is giving the best speeds.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Restart steam?

That's what it was. For some reason, the game never updated properly in my game list, but Batman: Arkham City did. Now "Serious Sam 3 Bonus Content" and "Serious Sam 3: BFE" show up and have an install button.

Unfortunately, Steam just started downloading an 8GB patch for Dead Island. o_O

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I have about 4 minutes left in the download and then I'm in.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
how large is the DL? i want to know if i should let this run or stop it and play BF3 and let it download tonight when im sleeping

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
how large is the DL? i want to know if i should let this run or stop it and play BF3 and let it download tonight when im sleeping

4,267.5 mb

Steam says my download time is around 2 hours

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
So, when I open up Steam to download this game, at the bottom I see: NO CONNECTION. No network connection could be made to the Steam servers. Steam will automatically retry connection until the service becomes available.

Can't download SS3.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: It fixed itself. Downloading now.

Last edited:

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Played for about an hour so far. Pretty cool game. The pace is kind of slow. Hopefully it'll pick up. I'm thinking about changing it from normal to hard because it feels pretty easy. The music when you're about to be severely ambushed is really good (for example, the first time a horde of kamikazes attack you).

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I've played the first four levels so far. Taken about an hour and a half. SPOILER ALERT: Found 1 out of 17 secrets in the first level. LOL. Won't give any other spoilers.

My fingers, neck and back hurt. Good ol' Sam.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
4,267.5 mb

Steam says my download time is around 2 hours

As a note, the bonus content was a staggering 3.2gb or something close to that. I was surprised that it was nearly as large as the game, but I guess that could be since it includes hi-definition versions of the trailers.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
I've played the first four levels so far. Taken about an hour and a half. SPOILER ALERT: Found 1 out of 17 secrets in the first level. LOL. Won't give any other spoilers.

My fingers, neck and back hurt. Good ol' Sam.
yeah the secrets are seriously hidden!

And you took a loooong time on the first level!! I thought my time was long at 50 minutes and I did a lot of exploring!

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
yeah the secrets are seriously hidden!

And you took a loooong time on the first level!! I thought my time was long at 50 minutes and I did a lot of exploring!

That was for the first four levels.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
That was for the first four levels.
haha my bad, I don't know how I missed that :eek:

I guess I spent too much time looking for secrets - I don't remember it being so hard to find them in the prior games!

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Spent about 2 hours in the game, and I am impressed.

The gameplay is pretty good, but the graphics are what I expected from a directx 9 title.

I think that if SS3 would have been at least a directx 10, or a directx 11 game, it would have been awesome. The shadows are not very fluid, things just look "clunky" and dated.

Graphics aside, the gameplay is solid and lots of fun