Sponsors pull ads from Glenn Beck after racist comments

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Originally posted by: JKing106
Still no answer. Always someone else's name. Want to try again, after you're done with your cross burning?

Are you referring to the Democrat from West Virginia?

Still no answer I see.

I have already alluded to three different instances I'm surprised two smart guys like you haven't been able to figure that out, do you need a few more leftists to pick up on that?

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
And there won't be. He doesn't know anything, except what he's told. Gotta love a Limbot.

I'm not really sure what he is, all I ever see him do is troll the boards. Every time he pops up I'm surprised all over again that he hasn't been banned yet.

Despite your best efforts I'm still here.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Still no answer. Always someone else's name. Want to try again, after you're done with your cross burning?

Still no answer I see.

I have already alluded to three different instances I'm surprised two smart guys like you haven't been able to figure that out, do you need a few more leftists to pick up on that?

So stop dancing around it. Please list specific actions taken by Obama that make him a racist.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

Still no answer I see.

So stop dancing around it. Please list specific actions taken by Obama that make him a racist.

Are you really that dumb......? I know the answer.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Still no answer I see.

yeah right....the world according to Budmantom....lolol

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
And there won't be. He doesn't know anything, except what he's told. Gotta love a Limbot.

I'm not really sure what he is, all I ever see him do is troll the boards. Every time he pops up I'm surprised all over again that he hasn't been banned yet.

Despite your best efforts I'm still here.

Well if we are going to be fair to you now... despite your own best efforts, you still come off as a biggot with a 21st chromosome so it's pretty much a lose-lose deal when you're involved.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'm not sure why answering a simple question is so difficult for you. Name specific acts.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites

I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race

The emotion between the races could never be pure; the other race (white) would always remain just that: menacing, alien and apart.

Never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, the son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself.

You could try and pick up the books the man has written and actually try reading them.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Patranus
I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites

I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race

The emotion between the races could never be pure; the other race (white) would always remain just that: menacing, alien and apart.

Never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, the son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself.

You could try and pick up the books the man has written and actually try reading them.

So now simply talking about race makes you racist? Get over yourselves. He is a citizen, a patriot, and a decent human bieng. You may not like his political methodology, but he isnt a freegin racist. He is your commander in chief and if you dont like it, VOTE.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009

He's talking about his youth, and his anger over being judged inferior by white people. It's something all black, or his his case, bi-racial children go through in American society. If you had half a brain, you'd know that. Shouldn't you be at the Klan rally, with the rest of your buddies?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
He's talking about his youth, and his anger over being judged inferior by white people. It's something all black, or his his case, bi-racial children go through in American society. If you had half a brain, you'd know that. Shouldn't you be at the Klan rally, with the rest of your buddies?

And that is racist.

You 'claim' that white people are judging blacks when in fact they (as a group) are not.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009

And that is racist.

You 'claim' that white people are judging blacks when in fact they (as a group) are not.

Yes, they are. I live in the Southeast, and I assure you, I hear the "N" word every day. I personally know people who hate Obama just because he's black. No other reason. You know what I'm talking about though, because you feel the same way. Don't you, Cletus? What happened, your daughter have a baby by a black dude, or something?

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

And that is racist.

How is talking about race, racist? Its OK to talk about it - racist is when you look down on someone, or dont give them a fair chance, or simply hate someone based on their race.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

So, according to you, if a person writes a book that reports about his racism when he was a teenager and young adult, that means that that person as a mature adult holds those same racist views, even though in that same book that individual also presents NON-racist views intended as a counterargument to his earlier views????

This is your "evidence" that the adult Barack Obama is currently a racist?

You could try and pick up the books the man has written and actually try UNDERSTANDING them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

That's a shockingly stupid post, even for you. Those passages are CONDEMNING his feelings at the time, if he takes those viewpoints to be worthy of condemnation it's pretty safe to say that he doesn't hold them anymore.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

That's a shockingly stupid post, even for you. Those passages are CONDEMNING his feelings at the time, if he takes those viewpoints to be worthy of condemnation it's pretty safe to say that he doesn't hold them anymore.

Per Patranus's standard MO - Now that he has been owned, now he will no longer respond.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: piasabird
Anyone that says anything negative about O'Bamma is a racist.

No, anyone who intentionally tries to inflame members of a political party who have historically been filled with racists (Hatch, Thurmond, etc.) with "The President hates your race" rhetoric is most likely a racist themselves. Stop with the fucking semantics. You all know exactly what the fuck Beck was doing, and you're defending it because you agree with his racist views. Stop being a pussy, and admit it.

so its back to if you call someone a racist you are a racist eh? thats just fucking stupid.

JKing is a moron. Just look at his post history, he's an emotional basket case without a logical thought in his tiny brain.

You recognize this how, personal experience? :laugh:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
I have not watched Mr Beck. But if he has the ratings he will get new sponsors.

I read about his Obama is a racist remark. I wrote it off to his stroking the fear some people in the US have about afro-americans.

I wrote it off as him being a shock-jock entertainer. I honestly don't understand why the left takes Beck and Limbaugh so seriously. Sure, there are people on the right who take them seriously, but the left taking them seriously is akin to validating them as something greater than entertainers.

Wouldn't it be hysterical if the right started whining about every little thing Stewart or Colbert said?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

And that is racist.

Yes, they are. I live in the Southeast, and I assure you, I hear the "N" word every day. I personally know people who hate Obama just because he's black. No other reason. You know what I'm talking about though, because you feel the same way. Don't you, Cletus? What happened, your daughter have a baby by a black dude, or something?

I'm surprised eskimospy didn't call you out on this. Since he conveniently overlooked it, I'll lend a hand: Holy anecdotal evidence batman!!!

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
I have not watched Mr Beck. But if he has the ratings he will get new sponsors.

I read about his Obama is a racist remark. I wrote it off to his stroking the fear some people in the US have about afro-americans.

I wrote it off as him being a shock-jock entertainer. I honestly don't understand why the left takes Beck and Limbaugh so seriously. Sure, there are people on the right who take them seriously, but the left taking them seriously is akin to validating them as something greater than entertainers.

Wouldn't it be hysterical if the right started whining about every little thing Stewart or Colbert said?

I do see your point, but dont forget Stewart and Colbert are comedy shows on what network? Oh yeah, The Comedy Central network.

Beck and Limbaugh - although they are shock jocks, do present themselves to be taken seriously. They do what they do for ratings, specifically they purposely rile up the lesser intelligent half of the right wing for ratings. That's not exactly what Stewart and Colbert do. They make fun of the right through heavy sarcasm for the purpose of laughter -to get ratings.

the difference? The target audience of colbert and stewart knows its comedy. The problem is that the target audiance of BEck and Limbaugh (the lesser intellegent uneducated half of the right wing) doesnt know its not real.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: piasabird
Anyone you dont agree with is a racist.

How convenient.

I think some people should re-read the thread. OP explained the use of the word racist in the title in that it was a reference to Beck's comment about Obama and not that Beck is a racist.