Sponsors pull ads from Glenn Beck after racist comments

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JKing106
Originally posted by: piasabird
Anyone that says anything negative about O'Bamma is a racist.

No, anyone who intentionally tries to inflame members of a political party who have historically been filled with racists (Hatch, Thurmond, etc.) with "The President hates your race" rhetoric is most likely a racist themselves. Stop with the fucking semantics. You all know exactly what the fuck Beck was doing, and you're defending it because you agree with his racist views. Stop being a pussy, and admit it.

so its back to if you call someone a racist you are a racist eh? thats just fucking stupid.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Originally posted by: TheSkinsFan
What has Beck said that demonstrates that he, himself, is a racist?

I don't get it.

Is there more to the story than was present in the article linked by the OP? I don't get it either.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So what is this website?

ColorofChange.org

I think it is a good possibility that all the E-Mails are fake.

This looks like some kind of Anti-White Website to me.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Originally posted by: OCguy
Originally posted by: BarrySotero
Obama said he cried after hearing Rev Wright speak about "hope":

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, aprtheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere ... That's the world! On which hope sits."

And so it went, a meditation on a fallen world. While the boys next to me doodled on their church bulletin, Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpesville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House".

Obama is just Rev Wright with an overly toothy grin that he knows disables some people from seeing who he really is. Obama absolutely resents crackers - ditto for wifey.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you with the sheet over your face. You know, you're really a disgusting human being. And a shameless troll. Sending a message to the mods.

Trying to silence speech you dont agree with? :confused:

Nope. Reporting a troll for his never ending racist comments.

P.S. Oh, by the way. Reverend Wright is correct, and you're a sociopath.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: OCguy
Originally posted by: BarrySotero
Obama said he cried after hearing Rev Wright speak about "hope":

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, aprtheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere ... That's the world! On which hope sits."

And so it went, a meditation on a fallen world. While the boys next to me doodled on their church bulletin, Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpesville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House".

Obama is just Rev Wright with an overly toothy grin that he knows disables some people from seeing who he really is. Obama absolutely resents crackers - ditto for wifey.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you with the sheet over your face. You know, you're really a disgusting human being. And a shameless troll. Sending a message to the mods.

Trying to silence speech you dont agree with? :confused:

Nope. Reporting a troll for his never ending racist comments.

P.S. Oh, by the way. Reverend Wright is correct, and you're a sociopath.

ok so a troll is posting something someone said that you don't like? is anything he said factually wrong?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
I love the mind control.

"Oh noes! You are a racist, you racist pile of shit, you should DIE!"

What ever happened with having different opinions or perspectives?

I personally think Obama is a racist too because he seems to be going out of his way to get non white males into certain positions, either supreme court of cabinet positions, etc.

Maybe other people think its ok that whites are ignored because we need a few more minoriteis in a normally white controlled government.

Either one can be taken as right or wrong.

It's just a matter of perspective.

However, JKing106 seems to be the biggest roll in this thread, and he is the one reporting others.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Beck didn't want them as a sponsor anyways, they are un-american

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Now let's see if Beck is smarter than the Dixie Chicks. I remember the fat one accusing her former listeners of trying to extinguish her First Amendment rights.

The invisible hand of capitalism smacks GB

It sure does smack both ways, doesn't it ;)

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I wonder if anyone pulled off of Kanye West when he publicly stated 'Bush hates black people"? I doubt it.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: waggy

wait!? so calling someone you think is a racist (and i can see how some have that idea) a racist is now racist? damn. where is moonbeem and his self hate bs?

At 2:42 on this vid, Beck says:

This president has exposed himself as a guy, over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people, or the white culture.

And yes, that is calling Obama a racist. As a shit for brains racist, himself, Beck should know better.

so now you're not allowed to call someone a racist? or just you can't call Obama a racist?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: BoberFett
I've never listened to or seen Glenn Beck, but for as much as you lefty fruitcakes get your panties knotted up over the guy, I hope he keeps it up. What would this forum be without the righteous indignation of the loony left?

He's a bipolar, authoritarian coward like most Neocons (that's why they love guns so much: they're afraid) who scares the shit out of other cowards with his lunatic ramblings. He's got his televangelist persona down. You'd like him.

If we're lucky you'll frighten a neocon one of these days and get a face full of lead.

you're cute.

Thanks, but I can't say the same for you and JKing, who are both disgusting.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

No, anyone who intentionally tries to inflame members of a political party who have historically been filled with racists (Hatch, Thurmond, etc.) with "The President hates your race" rhetoric is most likely a racist themselves. Stop with the fucking semantics. You all know exactly what the fuck Beck was doing, and you're defending it because you agree with his racist views. Stop being a pussy, and admit it.

so its back to if you call someone a racist you are a racist eh? thats just fucking stupid.

JKing is a moron. Just look at his post history, he's an emotional basket case without a logical thought in his tiny brain.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I think some people should re-read the thread. OP explained the use of the word racist in the title in that it was a reference to Beck's comment about Obama and not that Beck is a racist.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Pens1566
I think some people should re-read the thread. OP explained the use of the word racist in the title in that it was a reference to Beck's comment about Obama and not that Beck is a racist.

Yeah, that is what I read it as, which is why I was so confused as to why people in this thread were saying he was a racist.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
It's a good thing. We all know Fox is about the money. They'll change their program once it hits their wallet. I hope he loses all his sponsors, then we won't have to hear his sociopathic, shock-jock bullshit.

Actually Murdoch's entire operation of anti-American agenda is starting to fold and about time too. :thumbsup:

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
I would have thought that the race thing would have run out of steam by now since the election is over and all. Makes one wonder if racism is a bigger problem than some would lead you to believe.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
How much do these 3 companies contribute to the Obama campaign, or how many of them have an interest in keeping Obama happy with them?

When in doubt.. follow the money.

How about YOU follow the money and get back to us when you can offer something more than half-assed innuendo.

What is motivating Fear No Evil to make these posts? What are his interests? When in doubt.. follow the money.

See how hard that is? :roll:

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Waaaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaah!

Somebody's cranky and needs a nap. Time to put the little boy back in his crib.

Aw, don't be mad, punkin'. Just go hug up to your M16, and you'll feel better. It'll make you feel like a manly man again, instead of a self-loathing, repressed nancy boy.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009

JKing is a moron. Just look at his post history, he's an emotional basket case without a logical thought in his tiny brain.

Look at your history. You're a brain-dead, homophobic, misogynistic, racist robot who'll can't wait to bend over for anything the right-wing talking heads want you to do.

So tell me this: why is Beck right? What exactly has Obama said, or done, that displays hatred for white people, and white culture. You can't tell me, because you don't know. You're a fucking idiot who takes the word of an idiot. Congratulations.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i love how he calls every one a racist. so by his logic he is one to eh?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Look at your history. You're a brain-dead, homophobic, misogynistic, racist robot who'll can't wait to bend over for anything the right-wing talking heads want you to do.

So tell me this: why is Beck right? What exactly has Obama said, or done, that displays hatred for white people, and white culture. You can't tell me, because you don't know. You're a fucking idiot who takes the word of an idiot. Congratulations.

Above all, Beck is the King of Idiots. Less than 2 minutes after calling Obama a Racist, he says(from memory), "I'm not saying Obama Hates White People....". Dude can't even keep his story straight once someone calls him on it.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
i love how he calls every one a racist. so by his logic he is one to eh?

I love how you never have anything substantive to say. Ever. Being a dumbass must be bliss. Carry on, little robot.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tk149

Calling Obama a racist is not the same thing as being a racist. I've never watched Beck,...

And that's your problem. If you had seen much of Beck you'd know both statements are true. Beck IS a racist, and he called Obama a racist. Furthermore, if you saw the video where he calls Obama a racist, it's very clear that he's projecting his own racism on Obama.

... but the OP's title is deliberately misleading and should be changed. Even if Beck is a racist, it wasn't because he made a racist comment that his funding was pulled.

I disagree. They specifically pulled ads from Beck's show following the comments, which I and many others see as racist. The racism in Beck's comments on the show are even more clear when taken in the context of his general racist demeanor... but you'd have to watch him and/or catch him on the air to know that.

As a mod, I would have hoped that you would put aside your personal bias in favor of accuracy. Even if you can't change the title, I would have hoped you asked another mod to consider it.

As a mod who is posting in this thread, I am not acting as a moderator. I am posting my own views. I would ask you to respect my right to do so. If you have a problem you believe warrants moderator attention, PM the mod account, or post it in FI.

As a mod who is posting in this thread, I am not acting as a moderator. I am posting my own views. I would ask you to respect my right to do so. If you have a problem you believe warrants moderator attention, PM the mod account, or post it in FI.

How many people read the thread title and thought "Beck called someone a racist"?

< raises hand >

:cool:

Originally posted by: Fear No Evil

How much do these 3 companies contribute to the Obama campaign, or how many of them have an interest in keeping Obama happy with them?

When in doubt.. follow the money.

Obviously, all of those companies contribute to their advertising dollars Faux, and they still do... except that they no longer wish to be associated with Beck.

There is NO doubt. Beck and his comments were racist.

When in doubt, follow the idiots who try to deflect the discussion to a topic other than the one that exposes their own racism. :Q

Originally posted by: CPA

so now you're not allowed to call someone a racist? or just you can't call Obama a racist?

It has nothing to do with "being allowed" to call Obama or anyone else a racist. Beck was obviously "allowed" to do it, and his sponsors are "allowed" to pull their sponsorship if they don't want to be associated with what he represents.

The only ones who can choose whether to or not to "allow" Beck to continue to be a racist prick on their air are his corporate masters at Faux. :p