Speeding ticket.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: j00fek
you dont need to waste money on a lawer for a speeding ticket, just pay it and be done with it

:thumbsup:

just pay the damn thing and move on.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: CasioTech
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Just admit your mistake, pay your ticket, and quit trying to slime your way out of it. School zone speed limits are something to be taken very seriously. Now, maybe you will be more careful.

I spoke to a lawyer and they say that ppl get away with this all the time. Quit being jealous; you probably don't even have a car.

He's a car salesman you retard.

Good luck with your perjury, I'm sure the police officer will not testify that you never said anything about that when you were pulled over. Don't you think that if you honestly thought it was outside of the school zone times that you would have said that at the time?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Compton
How heavy was it raining at the time? I didn't think police radar worked very well in the rain.

not great, but I was trying to beat the rain to my ortho... I have a good excuse... I would say that the dashboard time was an hour ahead since it wasn't my car I was driving. It's viable, since a lot of ppl don't know how to change the time on their car, or don't care too. They figure it will be right in 6 months... I have tried this idea on a few ppl alll saying go for it...

They prolly said go for it because your a tool for doing what you did and trying to get out of it. You could of killed a kid, thats why there is school zone speed limits and why they are so low. They dont care what the problem is and the reason or excuse as to why you were speeding for the life of a child is more important then anything else you could ever come up with that he has already heard 5 billion times tried on him before you.

I take it you are a guy, I would suggest you go get kicked in the crotch before court in hopes your balls will drop, go from being a kid who thinks of only himself and his tooth and become a man, face up to what you did was wrong, pay the fine, and move on.

Just remember before you can become a judge you had to be a lawyer first, so he has heard every possible excuse you can think of and then some. You sped in the rain, in a school zone, and it could of come out a hell of a lot worse the a speeding ticket. Your not going to fool him or her, they just wont care, wont want to hear it, and if you try will only provoke them to throw the harshest sentence they can upon you.

If you go in there, admit your mistake like a man, and tell them you know what you did was wrong, and how lucky you are that all you got was a ticket, AND DID NOT KILL A CHILD, he or she MAY go easy on you. But to go in there and throw excuse after excuse at them, be prepared to be ass raped over some very hot flames.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
If I were you I'd do what I could to atleast get the points knocked off. The fine, as much as that sucks, the points will suck much worse, so don't worry about trying to get the actual $279 fine reduced.

Don't listen to all these never-do-wrongers on here, the system was set up to negotiate, may as well work the system. Just don't piss anyone off.

Mr Incognito

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2007
Yah man fight it. I got caught doing 96 in a 65 but through apologizing to the state trooper and cathing a lucky break by calling him as he was filing the ticket (I had to call to make sure I could plead through the mail since I got to school 2000 miles away from NH). Got bumped down from a 660 (550+20% court costs) to 350. So try to fight it and see if luck is on your side.

Mr Incognito

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2007
Originally posted by: shortspanishguy
Wow, look at all the law abiding citizens in this thread.

Haha, I know, odds are they would lie just as badly as this kid wants to.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001

OH I used to be far from law abiding. I been in front of the judge, when I was a teen, prolly more then anyone here, for speeding, several times (105 in a 55), no insurance, no license, no registration, no back bumper, no bike license/permit/insurance/plates/helmet, smoking pot in the movie theater parking lot, this is just a little of what I done, and had more tickets thrown out and court supervision then anyone here, by doing what I mentioned. Now Im 35, married, with kids, and have much better things to do with my life, and can look back on how lucky I am alive considering some of the things I did.

The judges dont like a smart ass. They like the fact you learned a lesson and your not going to do it again. His first time offense he will get a slap on the hand most likely and traffic school, but if he goes in there complaining about how his tooth hurt, not his car, clock was set wrong, wanted to beat the rain, even if it meant killing a kid, and he is going to be fvcked.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: MrPickins

Every post you make shows more of your true nature.

You are willing to lie in court rather than man up and pay a fine or take a short course on the web?

Perjury FTL.

Hippocrate Anyone?

I believe the word you're looking for is "hypocrite". :roll:

And that's a load of BS. I just finished getting a ticket dismissed by taking a driver's safety course, just like I was suggesting you do.

I didn't have to lie, waste the courts time, or pay full the full fine.

Stop being so damn self righteous, and listen to some advice...

Jun 27, 2005
A lawyer for a $279 speeding ticket? :confused:

The judge isn't going to give a sh!t. Now will he be impressed. Just pay the ticket and stop putting children's lives in danger.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Wow a lot of you are nutless pricks. 28 is slow, 15 is like running speed.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: BudAshes

15 is a fast run, and I agree that it's pretty slow for a school zone. 20 is reasonable if it's on a hill, curve, the buildings are close to the road, or there are things around that block the view, but 28 in a school zone is usually a wee bit on the fast side unless everything's perfectly clear and visible.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
No contest, and pay your fine. You screwed up, and if the weather was bad, that's gonna look doubly bad on you.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: judasmachine
No contest, and pay your fine. You screwed up, and if the weather was bad, that's gonna look doubly bad on you.

QFT

He's trying to use the rain as an excuse for going faster too. :confused:

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Just admit your mistake, pay your ticket, and quit trying to slime your way out of it. School zone speed limits are something to be taken very seriously. Now, maybe you will be more careful.

I spoke to a lawyer and they say that ppl get away with this all the time. Quit being jealous; you probably don't even have a car.

He's a car salesman you retard.

Good luck with your perjury, I'm sure the police officer will not testify that you never said anything about that when you were pulled over. Don't you think that if you honestly thought it was outside of the school zone times that you would have said that at the time?

actually he didn't give me a chance to say anything since it was raining and all. He just walked away after he gave it to me. I didn't even know what I was being pulled over for until it was too late and he entered the fine into the computer. Don't call me names... I'll rip you a new one.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: funboy42
Originally posted by: Compton
How heavy was it raining at the time? I didn't think police radar worked very well in the rain.

not great, but I was trying to beat the rain to my ortho... I have a good excuse... I would say that the dashboard time was an hour ahead since it wasn't my car I was driving. It's viable, since a lot of ppl don't know how to change the time on their car, or don't care too. They figure it will be right in 6 months... I have tried this idea on a few ppl alll saying go for it...

They prolly said go for it because your a tool for doing what you did and trying to get out of it. You could of killed a kid, thats why there is school zone speed limits and why they are so low. They dont care what the problem is and the reason or excuse as to why you were speeding for the life of a child is more important then anything else you could ever come up with that he has already heard 5 billion times tried on him before you.

I take it you are a guy, I would suggest you go get kicked in the crotch before court in hopes your balls will drop, go from being a kid who thinks of only himself and his tooth and become a man, face up to what you did was wrong, pay the fine, and move on.

Just remember before you can become a judge you had to be a lawyer first, so he has heard every possible excuse you can think of and then some. You sped in the rain, in a school zone, and it could of come out a hell of a lot worse the a speeding ticket. Your not going to fool him or her, they just wont care, wont want to hear it, and if you try will only provoke them to throw the harshest sentence they can upon you.

If you go in there, admit your mistake like a man, and tell them you know what you did was wrong, and how lucky you are that all you got was a ticket, AND DID NOT KILL A CHILD, he or she MAY go easy on you. But to go in there and throw excuse after excuse at them, be prepared to be ass raped over some very hot flames.

hahahaah what's the matter? Had a bunch of tickets and you can't get out of them now? Don't be mad that we have a poor justice system. As a matter of fact a first time offense will result with a warning at worst. In addition, there were no kids around ANYWHERE. It's not even a legit school. It's a temple with some afterschool programs. PLUS i'm not from the area AND it was raining. In addition I was never previously warned so I don't know how these things work. It's open and shut case. Stop writing back, I got my story straight. I'll write when it gets dropped.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Mr Incognito

Haha, I know, odds are they would lie just as badly as this kid wants to.

hahaah. I'm not a kid, i'm 22.

Jan 31, 2002
actually he didn't give me a chance to say anything since it was raining and all. He just walked away after he gave it to me. I didn't even know what I was being pulled over for until it was too late and he entered the fine into the computer. Don't call me names... I'll rip you a new one.

Make sure you mention that he didn't give you a chance to make an excuse, and be certain to refer to him as "Bacon" ... judges love that.

- M4H

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: funboy42

OH I used to be far from law abiding. I been in front of the judge, when I was a teen, prolly more then anyone here, for speeding, several times (105 in a 55), no insurance, no license, no registration, no back bumper, no bike license/permit/insurance/plates/helmet, smoking pot in the movie theater parking lot, this is just a little of what I done, and had more tickets thrown out and court supervision then anyone here, by doing what I mentioned. Now Im 35, married, with kids, and have much better things to do with my life, and can look back on how lucky I am alive considering some of the things I did.

The judges dont like a smart ass. They like the fact you learned a lesson and your not going to do it again. His first time offense he will get a slap on the hand most likely and traffic school, but if he goes in there complaining about how his tooth hurt, not his car, clock was set wrong, wanted to beat the rain, even if it meant killing a kid, and he is going to be fvcked.

it's all about presentation. I will say i'm wrong first and foremost, then state my case of obfuscation.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000

Every post you make shows more of your true nature.

You are willing to lie in court rather than man up and pay a fine or take a short course on the web?

Perjury FTL.

Hippocrate Anyone?

I believe the word you're looking for is "hypocrite". :roll:

And that's a load of BS. I just finished getting a ticket dismissed by taking a driver's safety course, just like I was suggesting you do.

I didn't have to lie, waste the courts time, or pay full the full fine.

Stop being so damn self righteous, and listen to some advice...

I never did know how to spell that word... Anyways. I would do a school course, as long as I didn't get points/fine was dropped sure. That's the kind of advice I need. So how do I go about doing that? Could I call the police dept. directly, work something out?

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: BudAshes

15 is a fast run, and I agree that it's pretty slow for a school zone. 20 is reasonable if it's on a hill, curve, the buildings are close to the road, or there are things around that block the view, but 28 in a school zone is usually a wee bit on the fast side unless everything's perfectly clear and visible.

honestly, I doubt I was going 28. If I were going 26 the fine would be much less. I'll bet he fudged it to meet quota...