Some polls now have Romney ahead.

Page 65 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I have CNN's window up, damn florida is close. 75% in and they are within a few thousand of one another. Exactly what 538 had for the state :)

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Today took an even more surreal turn. Now me and girlfriend out to lunch at local restaurant and I held the door for an elderly man slowly walking up and it turned out to be none other than John Dingell!! Chatted him up for a minute and got pictures. Very kind man. We tried to thank him and he says "No don't thank me, its been my pleasure to serve you."

They don't make them like that anymore. Have pics for proof if anyone wants to see.

I have met him a couple times in eateries in and around the Dearborn area, always a very nice gentleman willing to listen to anyone who would speak to him.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I have CNN's window up, damn florida is close. 75% in and they are within a few thousand of one another. Exactly what 538 had for the state :)

The difference between them is now about 730 votes out of 7 million cast. Boy, that's close.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Nothing to watch but Florida right now. We'll know probably within 30 minutes. Currently it's within a few hundred or thousand votes but CNN explains that the 2 places where the most votes are yet to be counted are Broward and Miami-Dade, meaning FL currently looks to be favoring Obama. It's really a nail biter there though.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
A question: Do the reported vote totals for each state include absentee ballots?

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Nothing to watch but Florida right now. We'll know probably within 30 minutes. Currently it's within a few hundred or thousand votes but CNN explains that the 2 places where the most votes are yet to be counted are Broward and Miami-Dade, meaning FL currently looks to be favoring Obama. It's really a nail biter there though.

I did a quick estimate of how many votes Obama would gain in those two counties, using the current percentages of votes for each candidate and the percentage of votes remaining to be counted. I see a net pick-up of more than 200,000 votes for Obama, and I don't see anywhere near that many votes that Romney could pick up in as-yet-uncounted precincts in "pro-Romney" counties.

Edit: Of course counties aren't monolithic, and even a heavily pre-Obama county will have heavily pro-Romney areas.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Game over guys, Obama is going to win.

I give Virginia and north Carolina to Romney but Florida is going to Obama, the only counties not 100% counted are democrat strong holds and Obama has about a 20% lead.

If you add up the EC votes for states that are a given (CA, OR, WA), and even if you don't include Ohio, Obama wins.

It's a over!

FUCK YOU BUCKSHOT!!!!

:p

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
CNN says it's 169 for Romney to 157 for Obama, and "Some polls now have Romney ahead."
Romney's a shoo-in.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Obama will win both FL and VA. I feel pretty confident. Likely end result is 332-206... exactly what one of the quants was saying for weeks.

Feb 6, 2007
I want to thank buckshot for his insightful projections in this thread. He wasn't wrong; the voting public was.

Take that America.

Feb 6, 2007
Obama will win both FL and VA. I feel pretty confident. Likely end result is 332-206... exactly what one of the quants was saying for weeks.

Is it wrong that I hope Obama loses Virginia but wins Florida just because it's what I predicted in the "Predict the elctoral college!" thread (and then only because 303 for Obama was already taken)? Yes, yes it is wrong. Very wrong. That would be selfish of me. $5 is not as important as the state of our Nation, and I feel embarrassed for even suggesting it might be.

It might be though....

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I'm usually cautious about calling things before enough states have been called by the networks, but you can stick a fork in Willard. He's done.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Virginia could go to dems but I'll give it to Romney as a pitty EC, even still, even without Ohio, Obama still wins!!

Did I mention, FUCK YOU BUCKSHOT!, FUCK YOU SPIDEY!, FUCK ALL THE OTHER RIGHT WING BITCHES THAT DON'T LIVE IN REALITY!!

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Is it wrong that I hope Obama loses Virginia but wins Florida just because it's what I predicted in the "Predict the elctoral college!" thread (and then only because 303 for Obama was already taken)? Yes, yes it is wrong. Very wrong. That would be selfish of me. $5 is not as important as the state of our Nation, and I feel embarrassed for even suggesting it might be.

It might be though....
it could end 291 to 247