Some polls now have Romney ahead.

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Polling station my girlfriend voted at gave her shit because we are both wearing shirts with Uncle Sam on the front with the word VOTE on the front. Poll lady insisted it was a partisan display. Insisted that she cover it. People behind her spoke up and asked the poll lady how was it partisan and what did she want her to do strip the shirt off and vote in a bra?? Poll lady continued to be dick made girlfriend cover it with a jacket.

I'm about to go vote we will see what they say at my precinct.
That's ridiculous.

Early voting numbers in Ohio.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Ut4U3F5MkxteTBoS29fSGN1S0E&toomany=true#gid=0

Bush/McCain counties up 14% Kerry/Obama counties down 4% in early ballots cast.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Yeah, someone fucked up at one polling place. OMG, the sky is falling.

Yawn.
You see this is why you're a hack. I never claimed it was a "sky is falling" level of an outrage. You're fucking up. Which is the Charles way so I shouldn't be surprised.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
FWIW, I went to a new polling place because i've moved. the new polling place i went to today was a church, which i'm used to, as the polling place by my old place was my own church's auditorium. however, the layout of this voting station had it such that you would walk through the church's bookstore / bakesale, and then there are tons of right wing pamphlets prominently displayed which all demonize obama for being pro abortion and telling you to vote for romney.

you would then proceed through to the main church worship area where the poll stations are with a big sign that says "no pamphlets beyond this point". not sure what PA's laws are, to me this was sort of strange to see this.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Today took an even more surreal turn. Now me and girlfriend out to lunch at local restaurant and I held the door for an elderly man slowly walking up and it turned out to be none other than John Dingell!! Chatted him up for a minute and got pictures. Very kind man. We tried to thank him and he says "No don't thank me, its been my pleasure to serve you."

They don't make them like that anymore. Have pics for proof if anyone wants to see.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Today took an even more surreal turn. Now me and girlfriend out to lunch at local restaurant and I held the door for an elderly man slowly walking up and it turned out to be none other than John Dingell!! Chatted him up for a minute and got pictures. Very kind man. We tried to thank him and he says "No don't thank me, its been my pleasure to serve you."

They don't make them like that anymore. Have pics for proof if anyone wants to see.

is that a point of fact?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
They covered up Obama's face from that pic I posted earlier. They still have his quote uncovered by the way.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
More early results in from NH, favorable to Obama. But barely any precincts reporting.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Where are you get this information? I can find any as of 5:10 p.m. EST.

Not just that, but where is the best place to follow returns? I'm totally spacing on my go-to site from 2008.. after all the primaries I found the one that consistently got the results first.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I think that 1% is from a couple of tiny towns that traditionally vote after midnight and report their returns immediately as a gimmick. The polls are still open.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
There are some very important differences:

The makeup of the Supreme Court four years from now might be very different with a President Romney rather than a President Obama. I say "might be" only because it's not clear that any of the existing justices will stop down or die during the next four years.

Even if they all step down you shouldn't be at all certain. Romney gives no indication that he is a True Believer of far right policies. He's a religious minority, so even if he leans conservative he has good reason not to lay the foundation for religious tyrants. Romney could feel beholden to the far right, but he could just as easily flip-flop to anything.
And Obama is not beholden to the far left. He didn't pander to them in his first term so that's not likely to change.
And it can be very hard to predict just how a nominee will lean when they finally get on the bench. The security of being the final authority for life has changed more than one's outlook on things.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Although voting fraud and blaming it on bad luck (Sandy) will be a regular go-to from depressed Republicans who need to stop getting all their news from Fox, I think perhaps the biggest excuse/"pro" from Romney supporters when he loses tonight will be: This is a good thing, because now Obama can screw the country so badly that the democratic party is lost for a generation.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
About to vote myself. Anyway, some very prelim results:

FL: Obama 50.2% Romney 49.1%, 491,343 vs. 480,687. Though for some reason they don't report how many precincts on Politico.

VA: Romney 57.7% 32,035 Obama 41.0% 22,775.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Woops, now they do. And they already changed!

FL: 1.1% reporting

B. Obama (i)
49.9% 791,315
R
M. Romney
49.4% 783,457

VA: 1.5% reporting

M. Romney
57.2% 32,534
D
B. Obama (i)
41.5% 23,613

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Paying close attention to FLA right now which is being updated almost by the minute. It's showing a dead heat (O+1) with 53% counted. If O wins FLA or R wins by 1 point or less, it suggests that O will win this.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Early exit polling shows Romney doing worse than McCain amongst latinos in Florida. If that holds true, Romney is in very real danger of losing Florida.