Soldiers piss on dead Taliban

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/...pses-video-claim/story-e6frfkp9-1226242360095

THE US Marine Corps said today it would investigate a video that has surfaced on the internet, purporting to show US servicemembers urinating on dead Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.
In the video, four men in Marine uniforms and combat gear are shown exposing their genitals and urinating on three dead bodies. One of the deceased has large blood stain on his chest.

Is this what we're going to get up in arms about now a days? Really? Soldiers pissing on inanimate objects? Yes I realize it USED to be a person, that's the thing it USED to be, now it's no different than a rock. Where is the article critiquing the fire fight or etc before hand? Why is there a dead man laying on the floor? Oh yeah, that doesn't matter, but pissing on corpses totally attacks the sensibilities. Pathetic. IMO this is just more distractionist bullshit from media types.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Like it or not, symbolism matters in the real world. Marines acting like a bunch of 13-year old Xbox live players who just won a Call of Duty match turns regrettable but necessary combat deaths into something that looks much worse.

And senseamp makes a good point. If this was Taliban soldiers desecrating the corpse of a US Marine, many people would rightly be outraged about it.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/...pses-video-claim/story-e6frfkp9-1226242360095

Is this what we're going to get up in arms about now a days? Really? Soldiers pissing on inanimate objects? Yes I realize it USED to be a person, that's the thing it USED to be, now it's no different than a rock. Where is the article critiquing the fire fight or etc before hand? Why is there a dead man laying on the floor? Oh yeah, that doesn't matter, but pissing on corpses totally attacks the sensibilities. Pathetic. IMO this is just more distractionist bullshit from media types.

Not sure about this, but I think there may be dead people on the ground because there's a war going on at the moment. Oh yeah:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)

Hence, it wouldn't seem to be news that someone is dead, unless there is something suspicious about the manner of their death.

As to pissing on a corpse, many people, especially religious people, find that offensive. It's probably bad PR in a counter-insurgency war in a country with a highly religious population. Doesn't matter if you find it offensive. It's news because other people do.

- wolf

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
I wonder why they decided to add the line:
One of the deceased has large blood stain on his chest

Is that in case someone might assume that the taliban fighters died of natural causes?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I wonder why they decided to add the line:

Is that in case someone might assume that the taliban fighters died of natural causes?

Maybe just describing the video in more detail? It does change the mental image you form in your mind of the event, at least in my case.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
let me see if I get this straight op

The american soldiers hanging off a bridge - and burning - that's ok because they are, in your own words, " inanimate objects"?

I just want to make sure I've got this correct.

So if a video surfaced of a mob of afghani people tearing apart the corpse of a US soldier - who was killed in a helicopter crash - you would have no problem with that?

Really?

Clue?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Like it or not, symbolism matters in the real world. Marines acting like a bunch of 13-year old Xbox live players who just won a Call of Duty match turns regrettable but necessary combat deaths into something that looks much worse.

And senseamp makes a good point. If this was Taliban soldiers desecrating the corpse of a US Marine, many people would rightly be outraged about it.

We expect the enemy to desecrate our corpses. It's not outrageous or surprising.

We're also better than them, and we should conduct ourselves as such.

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
This is really disturbing. This video only shows the terrifying ignorant mindset of some of the soldiers over there. Soldiers should be taught how to conduct themselves rather than to kill.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
These kids are gonna turn put to besome real winners when they get back stateside. If their asses are not in the brig.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Why pissing on a dead corpse is nothing, what about all those recent video's of US Nato troops murdering innocent Afghans, cutting off their fingers, and subsequently using them
as poker chips. All 4000 of those recent photos the Nato military officials are trying to gather up so Nato can say it never happened.

Or the various Al-Quida tapes showing various Nato soldiers and even world journalists being murdered. As those vicious aholes cut off their heads before our very eyes while crying Ali Acbar God is great.

Is one or the other better? As God, stupidity, and patriotism self justifies the monstrosities of all sides.

I am so proud of humanity that I can puke. No sooner than I got rid of that red under my bed, now everyone tells me I have three of more MOOOOslens under my bed. So I cut the legs out from my bed and squished em, and somehow am not inspired to impose my will on Muslims who might do the same to me.

Pardon me, being one of people who who lurk under the bed of every Muslim, somehow does not inspire me. Or that common cry, kill for God, Kill for God.

After all, just ask Canon the barbarian, as he asserts the best thing on earth is killing all their men, while listening to all the lamentations of all their women. It don't get better than that if you are a barbarian. Have God, will travel.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
isn't it kinda disrespectful to kill them as well? i know its war n all, but seems to me the bullet kinda supersedes the urine.

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Who have seen Black Hawk Down. Those 2 snipers bodies where mutilated. That you didn't see in the movie but in real live half of those soldiers or what they got back were buried. Not saying its right to piss on anyone but propaganda is one of the Talibans main weapons

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Why pissing on a dead corpse is nothing, what about all those recent video's of US Nato troops murdering innocent Afghans, cutting off their fingers, and subsequently using them
as poker chips. All 4000 of those recent photos the Nato military officials are trying to gather up so Nato can say it never happened.

Or the various Al-Quida tapes showing various Nato soldiers and even world journalists being murdered. As those vicious aholes cut off their heads before our very eyes while crying Ali Acbar God is great.

Is one or the other better? As God, stupidity, and patriotism self justifies the monstrosities of all sides.

I am so proud of humanity that I can puke. No sooner than I got rid of that red under my bed, now everyone tells me I have three of more MOOOOslens under my bed. So I cut the legs out from my bed and squished em, and somehow am not inspired to impose my will on Muslims who might do the same to me.

Pardon me, being one of people who who lurk under the bed of every Muslim, somehow does not inspire me. Or that common cry, kill for God, Kill for God.

After all, just ask Canon the barbarian, as he asserts the best thing on earth is killing all their men, while listening to all the lamentations of all their women. It don't get better than that if you are a barbarian. Have God, will travel.

Recent? Those photos are almost a year old. There was a rolling stone article written about them when they were "recent."

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011

A link to those video please

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
A link to those video please
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a recent thread on this forum linking in those photos gathered up by rolling stone magazine, or you can take the Nebor advice, but if you are blind and ignorant, why should it be anyone's responsibility to once again prove what you Ignored?

If you can't think your self out of a paper bag, in your own tiny world of LiuKang ignorance is bliss that allows you to be self righteous while ignoring all evidence to the contrary, why should rational adults on this forum do anything other than ignore you?

Take my advice Liu Kang, trying going back a page or two in P&N and you can find the link all by your self.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

I know the concept of people having a different outlook on life is unfamiliar and alien to you, but yes, this does get people upset. Try to imagine this, lets say that a family member you care for dies in their sleep. The EMTs drag the body out by its feet while commenting infront of the grieving relatives what a piece of shit this person was. Then film it and put it up on Youtube. Now, what is your reaction?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
They should have just dropped a few slices of bacon on them and left. No need to waste good urine.

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a recent thread on this forum linking in those photos gathered up by rolling stone magazine, or you can take the Nebor advice, but if you are blind and ignorant, why should it be anyone's responsibility to once again prove what you Ignored?

If you can't think your self out of a paper bag, in your own tiny world of LiuKang ignorance is bliss that allows you to be self righteous while ignoring all evidence to the contrary, why should rational adults on this forum do anything other than ignore you?

Take my advice Liu Kang, trying going back a page or two in P&N and you can find the link all by your self.

Eh what are you on about. You want me to piss on you too?
You said video theres none. Propoganda cheers