So who's ready for Mass Effect 3?

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
Just finished playing through ME1 and 2 to prepare for ME3. I did this to remind myself about the story, as well as get a save game ready to import into ME3. I would have to say that the story in ME1 is a little bit better, if for no other reason than it moves the story arc along a bit more than the second game. At the same time though I felt they did a lot better job of making you actually care about the characters/crew members in the second game.

Having only given myself a couple of weeks to finish the 1st two games, I was going for a perfect ending coming just short losing Tali and Miranda in the final battle. A little bit disappointing, but I was still happy to get though both games before the release of ME3.

I have to say between the 2 games ME2 definitely comes across as the strongest in the series. It has very good pacing; a good blend of action and story. It is very streamlined and action oriented, but still maintains enough RPG and story driven elements to make it not feel like just another third person shooter. The action, dialogue, shooting mechanics, and soundtrack all come together to feel like an epic and polished experience.

My excitement for ME3 has been dampened somewhat by the day 1 DLC scandal as many of you probably have heard of, but all the same I have pre-ordered the game and am looking forward to playing it quite a bit. Really I am just hoping for more of what ME2 had to offer. An extremely polished action driven experience, and the conclusion of an epic story.

So who else out there is looking forward to ME3? Anyone else working on new save files to import into the game?

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Already finished my run through for import a couple of weeks ago. Preloading now, and wishing it was Tuesday.

Didn't run through ME1 a second time though. Did that shortly after ME2 came out, and I just didn't enjoy it all that much - the second game's combat is much more polished then the first.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
the second game's combat is much more polished then the first.

Agreed. Though I may play through the 1st again sometime. I played through as a soldier this time, but I've heard playing as a biotic is very interesting as well.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Not interested.

You might want to pop in your title post that AMD have already released a CrossfireX Application Profile for ME3 in their latest Profile pack.

ramj70

Aug 24, 2004
Got it pre-downloaded and can't wait until Monday midnight. Those of you on the West coast will be able to start playing at 9PM I believe.

I have 11 saved game files to choose from. Working on a 12th play through to get ready.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
I can hardly wait. won't really have time to play until the sunday after release, but I'll probably sneak in a few hours before then anyway.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I'm going to wait like I did for the first two. I love Mass Effect but Steam will have it for super cheap by the end of the year.

Aug 11, 2008
It was probably my most anticipated game for the last couple of years. Now with seeing what Bioware did to Dragon Age, and now the day one DLC mess, and the rumors about a really terrible ending, I am almost afraid to play the game.

I will be seriously upset if it is turned into a shooter with some nihilistic depressing ending no matter how you play.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I'm going to wait like I did for the first two. I love Mass Effect but Steam will have it for super cheap by the end of the year.

Steam won't have it at all unless EA and Valve decide to work out their differences when it comes to DLC. I bought my copy on Green Man Gaming, and activated on Origin. Kind of annoying that it isn't on steam, but not a huge deal IMO.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Not me. :p

I've owned the sequel since the Christmas it was released, but haven't ever gotten around to playing it, despite the fact I loved the first game.

So it's actually sort of worked out in my favor now. I can wait a bit longer to play ME2, finish it, and hopefully by the time I do, immediately after I can jump right into ME3, at a discounted price.

Oct 25, 2006
It was probably my most anticipated game for the last couple of years. Now with seeing what Bioware did to Dragon Age, and now the day one DLC mess, and the rumors about a really terrible ending, I am almost afraid to play the game.

I will be seriously upset if it is turned into a shooter with some nihilistic depressing ending no matter how you play.

It's not a rumour btw. All the endings are on youtube.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
It's not a rumour btw. All the endings are on youtube.

And whether they're terrible or not depends on the story leading up to it. If I tell you that Return of the Jedi ends with little furry midgets killing stormtroopers with rocks, it sounds like it sucks. But that's because you don't know the rest of the story.

Also the leaks could be incomplete. I also don't understand people who spoil the game for themselves. IMO said people were never really interested in the game to start with. The real fans don't want to know how it ends before they buy the game, they want to get there themselves.

Feb 26, 2012
I will be boycotting this game for two reasons:

1. It requires Origin, a program which scans your harddrive and reports back to EA, who then sells the information to marketers for a nice profit. Requiring that I install spyware to play a video game is unacceptable.

2. I resent the game's attempt to normalize homosexuality through its inclusion of a gay sex scene. I don't want social engineering propaganda in my video games, thank you.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

1. It requires Origin, a program which scans your harddrive and reports back to EA, who then sells the information to marketers for a nice profit. Requiring that I install spyware to play a video game is unacceptable.

2. I resent the game's attempt to normalize homosexuality through its inclusion of a gay sex scene. I don't want social engineering propaganda in my video games, thank you.

1. Link?

2. Given that every other sex scene in the previous two games was completely optional, I imagine the gay one will be too. You don't want Brokeback Shepard? Don't choose that option.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003

Lol, you take things wayyy to serious bud.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
Nope. I'll wait for ME3 to drop to $20 two months later like ME2 did.

I might be exaggerating on the timescale, but ME2 dropped in price very quickly.

Feb 26, 2012
1. They've since changed that part of the EULA

2. <-- P&N. Though I hope the thought of millions of impressionable young men possibly choosing the homosexual romance option keeps you up at night.
1. They've revealed their intentions of data-mining and hence can no longer be trusted. I value my privacy and security and will never install their software on my computer; they can change their ToS all they want.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010

B.F.D.

Everything you put a computer, on a phone, on you is spyware. Deal with it or ditch all your technological shit and move into a cave in the middle of wisconsin.