So.....what was the worst year of your life?

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
For me it was definitely 2006. Lets break down why:

-Mom got into car accident and in ICU for 14 days.
-I got into a car accident. Walked away fine, but had to pay $1k deductible
-Had to put down family pet we've had for 16 years. Really was a member of the family.
-Mom burned down my place.

So yea, I'd definitely say 2006 sucked. How about you, what was the worst year/period of your adult life?

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
The start of 2006 till about November. Man was I stupid, made a lot of wrong choices in regards to dating. December was the turn around month and the outlook for 2007 looks a lot brighter.

Dec 10, 2005
Probably the last 2 weeks. I saw my grandmother over Christmas (looked healthy enough for a 93 year old), and now next weekend, I have to go home for her funeral :(.

Edit (1-8-07): Looking back on it now, I don't see it as such a bad thing. I'm not being mean or sadistic, but bad things are bound to happen and help shape us into who we are. Things can't always be good, but as a means to an end, we are heading (or at least attempting to) towards "supreme happiness" (damn you Aristotle with your Nicomachean Ethics).

Oct 4, 2004
All of them have an equal share of highs and lows. But yeah, I particularly hated 2000-2001. Eleventh Grade - I was this stupid, insecure mess with some kind of an inferiority complex. Had a very low opinion of myself because I thought I wasn't cool enough or some ****** like that. Then, I got a life.

Flyback

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2006

It was such a promising time, too. I was nearing the end of high school and had finally made tons of friends. I started getting out to parties (I went to more parties in the first month than I had in all of the previous years combined). I was making friends. I had a job. I was in pretty good shape. Having been depressed the few years before that, it was the BEST time of my life.

Then over the course of that year I had four family members die. 2-3 from suicide (one was questionable). I put on weight really fast. I became a sloth. Dropped out of high school and my plan was to grow crops of weed. I hated everyone, including the surviving family members. There was lots of crap that put distance between us.

From that point on I had some pretty dark moments. 2000 was definitely the starting point, though. I finally got everything on track and 2007 is going to be the best year of my life.

D

Deleted member 4644

2006, easily. I started law school, sat on my ass for 6 months before that, got sick, had panic and mental issues, and just generally felt crappy. 2002-2004 were probably the best years of my life. I hope that I can pull back up to at least 2005 levels in 2007.

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: thatsright

-Had to put down family pet we've had for 16 years. Really was a member of the family.

So yea, I'd definitely say 2006 sucked. How about you, what was the worst year/period of your adult life?

Explain how your mom burned your place down?

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Probably 05 or 06 as they've been the most challenging for me thus far.. 07 looks a lot sweeter though.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Colt45
Seems to get progressively worse.

Yep.

2006 started off with me being unemployed.
4 months later after starting a new job in a new city i found out that the woman i love was dating someone else.
A few weeks later i was told that she was not just dating but having sex with him also.
2 months later i went through a life threatening illness where my kidneys, liver, and intestines were a mess and failing. I was hospitalized 3 times for a total of 15 days.
The ex and i continued talking and made plans for trips. She cancelled trips.
Couple months later she says that im the guy she is meant to be with. More trips planned. Trips cancelled. $800 down the drain on flights and reality sets in...
Spent new years alone.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
2004. the g/f of 5 years dumps me, moves her new b/f into OUR HOUSE before I had a chance to move out... and to make things worse her new b/f was a good friend of mine. Lost the g/f, lost a friend, lost my house... so, at least I had my health. Oh, wait... that was the year I had to go to the hospital twice after suicide attempts. But things are better these last few years, so definitely '04 was the worst. 2004 can suck it. But the good thing was, I did learn a few things about dealing with that kind of stuff.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
The start of 2006 till about November. Man was I stupid, made a lot of wrong choices in regards to dating. December was the turn around month and the outlook for 2007 looks a lot brighter.

that was last year for me... its been going pretty good ever since... however the whole after grad thing is sneaking up on me and it is not going to be good.

Worst year for me. age 16 and below.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Not really one year but a period of my life from September 05 to May 06, not incredibly bad but it was tough on me. June 06 onwards to now I've had a great time :D

I think everyone should go through a period of dark times so it makes them stronger and better. It certainly made me a lot stronger emotionally :thumbsup:. Once you know you can go through some rough patches and come out okay you feel a hell of a lot better :heart:

Koing

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead
2004. the g/f of 5 years dumps me, moves her new b/f into OUR HOUSE before I had a chance to move out... and to make things worse her new b/f was a good friend of mine. Lost the g/f, lost a friend, lost my house... so, at least I had my health. Oh, wait... that was the year I had to go to the hospital twice after suicide attempts. But things are better these last few years, so definitely '04 was the worst. 2004 can suck it. But the good thing was, I did learn a few things about dealing with that kind of stuff.

Did you buy the house with your GF?

I hope you got a cut of the house in terms of cash.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Probably the first year, I spend much of it with poop and pee in my pants and boy was it tough to get good service to clean up the mess all the time. I couldn't really do much besides lay around all day starting at the ceiling, and room service only had one thing on the menu which got old after a while.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Originally posted by: thatsright

Explain how your mom burned your place down?

cig

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
So far 2007 is starting pretty bad.
1) Girlfriend dumped me in November 2006 , and all the fun revelations that come with that
2) On January 2nd I realize she is a compulsive liar (this is where the "fun revelations" come in) after we were supposedly getting back together
3) As a result of the break up I moved out of our apartment and am now in the middle of nowhere about the start university.

It should pick up later who knows. Not what I'd call a good start to the year, though.

TreyRandom

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Toss up between 7th/8th grade and the year I dated a stripper.

And for those wondering, those didn't happen the same year. :D