So, remember how Black Lives Matter was a non-violent, non-looty organization?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
In the About section of the BLM website, they define themselves as an organization:

https//blacklivesmatter.com/about/

“Black Lives Matter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.”

The website identifies its leader and co-founders.

The website identifies a decentralized network of chapters spread across the country, which serve as local headquarters to coordinate local activism which needs to have local leadership for it to be successful.

So in summary, they define themselves as an organization and it has leadership and localized chapters.

That leadership is not supporting rioting and looting. They could more assertively denounce it. In Portland, BLM activists had altercations with rioters. In Chicago, they seem more inclined to empathize with rioting and looting.
Duped again. Not surprising, tho. Just don’t understand why you are so gullible. It’s that or willfully ignorant.

Seriously, what is linked below has been known for a while. Read a few articles about that duplicitous organization months ago. Grifters. But not surprised this escaped you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JEDIYoda

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Duped again. Not surprising, tho. Just don’t understand why you are so gullible. It’s that or willfully ignorant.

Seriously, what is linked below has been known for a while. Read a few articles about that duplicitous organization months ago. Grifters. But not surprised this escaped you.

My mistake, I thought it was affiliated. You’re correct, BLM is a decentralized and leaderless movement.

Reactions: Meghan54

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
In the About section of the BLM website, they define themselves as an organization:

https//blacklivesmatter.com/about/

“Black Lives Matter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.”

The website identifies its leader and co-founders.

The website identifies a decentralized network of chapters spread across the country, which serve as local headquarters to coordinate local activism which needs to have local leadership for it to be successful.

So in summary, they define themselves as an organization and it has leadership and localized chapters.

That leadership is not supporting rioting and looting. They could more assertively denounce it. In Portland, BLM activists had altercations with rioters. In Chicago, they seem more inclined to empathize with rioting and looting.
as Megan stated --
Back to the OP’s title...didn’t realize BLM was an organization, which implies recognized leadership, headquarters, etc. -- Correct!! There is no formal organization or headquarters! You are right -- Starbuck is wrong!

Haven’t seen or heard of BLM’s top leadership or where its headquarters is located. Help a guy out and point those out, pls. Thx. -- Again you are correct!! Starbuck is wrong!!

Nov 8, 2012
Exactly!! I bet your thighs are chaffed, what with having to tuck your tail between your legs so often.....

Why do you feel the 6-year old level amount of anxiety to shit on someone who admits a fault in their original argument/statement?

The amount of partisanship and moronic behavior is clearly presented right in front of us with folks like you. You should praise someone for agreeing with your similar point of view, but instead you just want to rub people's faces in dirt like a child.

Continue losing elections by being what you proclaim to be against - narcissistic idiots.

Reactions: Thunder 57

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Why do you feel the 6-year old level amount of anxiety to shit on someone who admits a fault in their original argument/statement?

The amount of partisanship and moronic behavior is clearly presented right in front of us with folks like you. You should praise someone for agreeing with your similar point of view, but instead you just want to rub people's faces in dirt like a child.

Continue losing elections by being what you proclaim to be against - narcissistic idiots.

Oh man the irony!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

You consider yourself to be intelligent?
So why even post your nonesense when you knew you were wrong?
I get it! To see if it would go unchallenged......oh the irony!!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

Please don’t ruin it for me. I quite enjoy living rent free inside his head.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
My insurance company.

One out of three. Ignore the others, they require police. Excuse me, "Domestic Terrorists". Countless other examples of things that require those terrorists too.

Which doesn't need to be taken by a cop.

Than who? Think the insurance company will take a report from Bob of the neighborhood patrol?

And nobody has tried to justify what Lightfoot is doing (no protesting/rioting on MY street). If anyone could, I figured someone here would be able too.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

There you go again nobody, yelling at a mirror.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
One out of three. Ignore the others, they require police. Excuse me, "Domestic Terrorists". Countless other examples of things that require those terrorists too.
clearance rates for property crimes in particular are horrible, what the fuck good does it do to report shit to the cops? 16% car theft clearance rate yay! barely 1 in 7 chance! anyone else failed that much at their jobs they'd be shitcanned. not the cops! what the fuck would we do without 1 in 7 auto thefts being solved?!?!

raped? hospital and a counselor first.

Than who? Think the insurance company will take a report from Bob of the neighborhood patrol?
my car is registered at the dmv, seems like they might be able to handle records.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
clearance rates for property crimes in particular are horrible, what the fuck good does it do to report shit to the cops? 16% car theft clearance rate yay! barely 1 in 7 chance! anyone else failed that much at their jobs they'd be shitcanned. not the cops! what the fuck would we do without 1 in 7 auto thefts being solved?!?!

Chop Shops make it a tough business to recover cars. Who do you think could do a better job at recovery?

raped? hospital and a counselor first.

Sure. But then what do you with the test kit? The account of what happened? All of the evidence needs to go to somebody to find out who and hunt the bastard down.

my car is registered at the dmv, seems like they might be able to handle records.

Try going to your insurance company and say "Well I told the DMV is was stolen". The insurance company wants a police report. They want to know there was at least a cursory investigation done. Insurance fraud is a real thing.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Who do you think could do a better job at recovery?
recovered and cleared are two different things. recovered is lower, i'm sure.

Sure. But then what do you with the test kit? The account of what happened? All of the evidence needs to go to somebody to find out who and hunt the bastard down.
that's when you send in one of your much fewer number of cops. you don't send out some cowboy with a couple weeks of training whose idea of problem solving is whipping out his gun when someone reports a rape the next day.

Try going to your insurance company and say "Well I told the DMV is was stolen". The insurance company wants a police report. They want to know there was at least a cursory investigation done. Insurance fraud is a real thing.
the state changes it to a report at the dmv and the insurance companies will adapt.

1600 violent crimes in DC. 4200 police officers. the average cop responds to a violent crimes once every few weeks, maybe. stops one in progress, what, once every few years? if that?
and because muncipalities spend $115 billion dollars a year on their police forces the cops, who are trained in violence, are the people who get jobbed with everything else.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Guys with CHL: when seconds count, cops are minutes away.

Also guys with CHL: defund the police is the collapse of society!

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
recovered and cleared are two different things. recovered is lower, i'm sure.

Didn't answer the question. Who would be better at either than cops?

that's when you send in one of your much fewer number of cops. you don't send out some cowboy with a couple weeks of training whose idea of problem solving is whipping out his gun when someone reports a rape the next day.

I would hope that's not how it works anywhere. Cops go through a long period of training including being observed handling things on their own (senior cop steps in if necessary) before they are allowed to do anything on their own.

the state changes it to a report at the dmv and the insurance companies will adapt.

Expect insurance fraud and premiums to skyrocket.

1600 violent crimes in DC. 4200 police officers. the average cop responds to a violent crimes once every few weeks, maybe. stops one in progress, what, once every few years? if that?
and because muncipalities spend $115 billion dollars a year on their police forces the cops, who are trained in violence, are the people who get jobbed with everything else.

Unfortunately most of the time police are reactionary. This isn't minority report where we see crimes before they occur.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
Guys with CHL: when seconds count, cops are minutes away.

Also guys with CHL: defund the police is the collapse of society!

Believe it or not firearm owners would prefer the police to handle issues if for no other reason than legal reasons. But there's a reason there's a saying about rather being tried by 12 than carried by 6.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Who would be better at either than cops?
who cares?

I would hope that's not how it works anywhere.
hope in one hand and shit in the other. US cop training sucks balls

Expect insurance fraud and premiums to skyrocket.
you think lou who got called away from planting crack on black people is stopping insurance fraud?
"well how do you know it was stolen"
"i came back and it wasn't here!"
"hmm, that sounds fishy to me, where were you between the hours of 2 am and 6 am?"
"asleep!"
"a likely story"

are you a cop? you have to tell us if you're a cop

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
who cares?

Apparently you do since you said if anyone else had such an abysmal rate they would be shitcanned.

I know that's not how it works here. So lets fix it. Standardize it so every fresh cop should have similar training. That doesn't mean less cops. Kick the bad ones to the curb and bring in new ones to this standard, which would mean they would demand higher pay as well though.

you think lou who got called away from planting crack on black people is stopping insurance fraud?
"well how do you know it was stolen"
"i came back and it wasn't here!"
"hmm, that sounds fishy to me, where were you between the hours of 2 am and 6 am?"
"asleep!"
"a likely story"

are you a cop? you have to tell us if you're a cop

I'm sure the cops would knock on doors around the area and ask others if they saw anything out of the ordinary. They'll surely put out a BOLO for it. And planting drugs on minorities, I see you have a high opinion of the police. If you knew shit about policing you would know that would never fly outside of Bumsville in Wyoming maybe. You really think cops ride around with drugs or illegal weapons to plant on people? :rolleyes: And I don't have to tell you shit about what I do for a living.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Apparently you do since you said if anyone else had such an abysmal rate they would be shitcanned.
which is why i'm not asking for anyone to replace them.

I know that's not how it works here. So lets fix it. Standardize it so every fresh cop should have similar training. That doesn't mean less cops. Kick the bad ones to the curb and bring in new ones to this standard, which would mean they would demand higher pay as well though.
animated-smileys-laughing-012.gif

I'm sure the cops would knock on doors around the area and ask others if they saw anything out of the ordinary. They'll surely put out a BOLO for it. And planting drugs on minorities, I see you have a high opinion of the police. If you knew shit about policing you would know that would never fly outside of Bumsville in Wyoming maybe. You really think cops ride around with drugs or illegal weapons to plant on people? :rolleyes: And I don't have to tell you shit about what I do for a living.
totally a cop

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
which is why i'm not asking for anyone to replace them.

animated-smileys-laughing-012.gif

totally a cop

So cars get stolen and we just say "eh, fuck it. The insurance will replace it". Insurance would have to raise rates beyond what is possible or go out of business. Not even sure what that emoji means. But clearly you had no intention to possible agree with a different opinion. And BTW, you would make a real shitty detective.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
cars get stolen and they don't get recovered. insurance already has that priced in.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
who cares?

Exactly!! op are taught to violate your civil rights!
Cops are also taught that you are the enemy!!!
Cops are taught to lie on reports!!
Do we need to go on...
US Cop training does suck!
Also consider this....it take between 6 to 9 months to train and certify a cop
It takes 2 years to get certified as Beautician!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
cars get stolen and they don't get recovered. insurance already has that priced in.
It’s priced in based on the assumption of a lawful society, with vandals and thieves held accountable when they break the law as a deterrent. Rates are not uniform across the country. If car thievery and vandalism were to spike in an area, rates would inevitably increase proportional to the increase in claims.

Reactions: Thunder 57