So, remember how Black Lives Matter was a non-violent, non-looty organization?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Things might not be as they were.

I wonder what the conservative reaction will be.
"SEE! WE TOLD YOU! Now we're excused for beating and killing and arresting them before they said they were violent!"

Reactions: DanTMWTMP

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
For the last time, and for better or worse, BLM is a decentralized network of orgs/people advocating for Black lives. There is no national leader or organization at the top who can speak for all of BLM. Unfortunately (even for BLM) this means that when a local organizer says or does something stupid, no one can counter that messaging or issue a mea culpa PR or fire the offending organizer. All they can do is deny them further resources from the broader BLM Network.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Most of the BLM protesters are young white adults according to Pew Research. From what I’ve seen (media pics and videos) and read it’s these individuals who are creating the violence.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I was just told over in the "Manafort definitely colluded with Russians according to Senate Republicans" thread that the leader of an organization doesn't represent the organization.

Now I'm being told that an organization is bad if a single member in bad.

WHICH ONE IS IT?!?!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I was just told over in the "Manafort definitely colluded with Russians according to Senate Republicans" thread that the leader of an organization doesn't represent the organization.

WHICH ONE IS IT?!?!
Whichever one the conservative says at that moment. Subject to change when convenient.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
ignore all the marchers stopping looting and protecting cops, focus on the couple-few assholes who want to burn the system down (admittedly, not without reason)

Reactions: dank69

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Republicans believe #BLM is a terrorist organization that should be hunted down the same as any other.
The news you present merely affirms their pre-existing belief.
I've never heard that. I always thought it was a Marxist organization.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

WHICH ONE IS IT?!?!
If it’s any consolation conservatives will probably quickly go back to lying and denying Trump campaign collusion with the Russians entirely despite the voluminous evidence they did.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
BLM is not responsible for the rioting and looting. Those things are being done by opportunists, anarchists and organized crime. Unfortunately, these elements require an assertive police response. BLM and the police should work together to eliminate this distractive element from the conversation.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
For the last time, and for better or worse, BLM is a decentralized network of orgs/people advocating for Black lives. There is no national leader or organization at the top who can speak for all of BLM. Unfortunately (even for BLM) this means that when a local organizer says or does something stupid, no one can counter that messaging or issue a mea culpa PR or fire the offending organizer. All they can do is deny them further resources from the broader BLM Network.

Dunno what you're talking about. I got a sign right in my front yard.Screenshot_20200821-081058.jpg

Reactions: zinfamous

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
BLM is not responsible for the rioting and looting. Those things are being done by opportunists, anarchists and organized crime. Unfortunately, these elements require an assertive police response. BLM and the police should work together to eliminate this distractive element from the conversation.
Or, we could address the problems BLM wants addressed and then the opportunists won't have any opportunities, at least until the next thing.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Or, we could address the problems BLM wants addressed and then the opportunists won't have any opportunities, at least until the next thing.
There is public support to do so. We’ve all probably had run ins with power trip types in the police, so the empathy and political momentum is there. Once the looting and rioting starts, public safety takes priority, kind of like how the LA riots derailed any hope of reform. I am sure 10 to 15 years from now, the cycle will emerge again.

Nov 8, 2012
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the fucking BEAUTIFUL irony of a liberal fucking moron mayor attempting to impose a "ban" on protesting in front of her home.

LOL. Fucking. Hilarious.

• Love
Reactions: Thunder 57

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the fucking BEAUTIFUL irony of a liberal fucking moron mayor attempting to impose a "ban" on protesting in front of her home.

LOL. Fucking. Hilarious.

But fascism

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

WHICH ONE IS IT?!?!
Sort of like the police......one bad apple makes them all bad......see how that works???

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There is public support to do so. We’ve all probably had run ins with power trip types in the police, so the empathy and political momentum is there. Once the looting and rioting starts, public safety takes priority, kind of like how the LA riots derailed any hope of reform. I am sure 10 to 15 years from now, the cycle will emerge again.
NOPE!!! Wrong.......it has been proven that rioting and lootingh are in the best interest of the police! That way they can use the rioting and looting as an excuse to not change.........public safety my ass!!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
NOPE!!! Wrong.......it has been proven that rioting and lootingh are in the best interest of the police! That way they can use the rioting and looting as an excuse to not change.........public safety my ass!!
If rioting and looting is in the best interest of the police, then it is in the best interest of the BLM movement to distance itself from the rioters and looters.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If rioting and looting is in the best interest of the police, then it is in the best interest of the BLM movement to distance itself from the rioters and looters.

Babididu balamupabab dopdidu?
What would you have them do that they are not already doing? Again, BLM is not a top steered cooperate experiment.
I dont think you understand how this works. How people work.