So my sister is dating someone famous

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I am dating a famous person

my girlfriend

you see that baby I love you.. see look what I said about you!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: moshquerade
I know a guy who met Jared at a convention. He said he was drier than a popcorn fart.

A popcorn fart??

LMFAO!

WTF is that?! :laugh:
Go a day or two where you just eat popcorn and find out. :laugh:

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Nightfall
Well, I chatted with my sister again this morning and apparently, he was an imposter. Looks just like him apparently. I don't think my sis is going to be seeing him again anytime soon. Oh well....I am just glad I am not dating. ;)

SO....she would see him again if it was Jared?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
EDIT:
Apparently, the guy was an imposter. My sis broke it off when she found out.
I'm not sure whether to be more amused by the fact that someone actually bothers pretending to be Jared, or by the fact that your sister was fooled for a while by him.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus
EDIT:
I'm not sure whether to be more amused by the fact that someone actually bothers pretending to be Jared, or by the fact that your sister was fooled for a while by him.
pretty much a tie.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
We still need pics of sis

Sorry, I can't do it. I asked and she is embarrassed for being fooled so she really doesn't pics used. :)

I will say this, all my friends say she is a hottie. I brought her to a hockey game and my teammates who came with me couldn't stop drooling over her. I was surprised she didn't slap them around.

sort of unrelated but how is Ferris State U = FSU? I think to most that means Florida State.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

EDIT:

:D :D :D

Who would pretend to be Jared from the Subway commercials? :D

mattjbak

Jun 3, 2005
I can't even believe that someone would impersonate Jared! This story is sad in so many ways.

jmgonzalez

Dec 1, 1999
I went into a Subway one day and this older man said "Hey, are you Jared from the commercials" - I just kept on walking out with my sandwich.

I don't recall Jared being a mexican. :)

Now that I think about it, I should have gone along and said "Yes I am - please make sure to ask for the Jared instant coupon at the register for 1/2 price sandwiches"

BTW, since I was mistaken for Jared, can I get some pics of your sis and her IM handle?

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
So your sister would have stuck with him had he been the real Jared... sounds like a golddigger to me!

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Well, I chatted with my sister again this morning and apparently, he was an imposter. Looks just like him apparently. I don't think my sis is going to be seeing him again anytime soon. Oh well....I am just glad I am not dating. ;)

I feel bad for your sister. It sucks to meet someone really likeable, and then find out he's a lying sack of sh!t. :(

mrzed

Jan 29, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs

EDIT:

:D :D :D

Who would pretend to be Jared from the Subway commercials? :D

How obvious is that?

Guy with looks like Jared: possibility of getting down with random hot girl - very slight
Guy who pretends to be Jared: possibility of using pretend celebrity status to get down with random hot girl - much better

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: TecHNooB
So your sister would have stuck with him had he been the real Jared... sounds like a golddigger to me!

I ain't saying she's a golddigger, but......

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: sixone

I feel bad for your sister. It sucks to meet someone really likeable, and then find out he's a lying sack of sh!t. :(

I think every human being has went through that experience. Most just fall for more common lies like, "i'm not clinically insane" or "i swear she's my sister". "I'm Jared", is like number 85 on the most common lies, right between "I am the prince of Zamundia" and "I was the 6th Beatle".

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: yowolabi
I think every human being has went through that experience. Most just fall for more common lies like, "i'm not clinically insane" or "i swear she's my sister". "I'm Jared", is like number 85 on the most common lies, right between "I am the prince of Zamundia" and "I was the 6th Beatle".

:laugh:

Aug 16, 2001
Your sister sounds like a gold digger to me. When she found out the ugly guy wasn't rich and famous he got dumped.
Did he actually SAY he was Subway-Jared, or did he just happen to LOOK like him?