So Lets Talk About the next Woke College to Fall.... Syracuse

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Happens all the time. Just heard on the radio the other day that trans activists want to separate from the broader LGBTQ movement because “too much” of the progress and economic growth from the movement has been concentrated to white, cisgender males vs. trans/people of color. Not sure how that’ll work out for them.
Huh, I'm a member of that community and this is the first I've heard of that. Presumably a radical activist?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Happens all the time. Just heard on the radio the other day that trans activists want to separate from the broader LGBTQ movement because “too much” of the progress and economic growth from the movement has been concentrated to white, cisgender males vs. trans/people of color. Not sure how that’ll work out for them.
Hard to maintain a unified political coalition when everyone insists on putting themselves into smaller identity boxes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Huh, I'm a member of that community and this is the first I've heard of that. Presumably a radical activist?

It's a pretty common thing to amplify fringe voices to try and discredit or splinter movements. I know a number of trans people and I've never heard of this either.

People should beware of sensationalist news stories and programs that just cite random people or groups as being indicative of how these individuals really feel.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I expect everything you disagree with is bullshit, hence you’re typically emotional responses.

Do you have anymore disingenuous questions to ask, or are we done.

That you deflected by blaming liberals for your (and Greenman's) admitted misuse of the word fascism was an observation of fact, not an emotional response. You did, however, address my question as to how these college students are threatening free speech and, as I already pointed out, your concerns regarding separation and division are disingenuous given your own engagement in such tactics (ie blaming liberals for your own actions).

And I believe that the entire board here is well-aware of your habit of continuing to argue long after you've been proven wrong, so we're done whenever you want to be.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's a pretty common thing to amplify fringe voices to try and discredit or splinter movements. I know a number of trans people and I've never heard of this either.

People should beware of sensationalist news stories and programs that just cite random people or groups as being indicative of how these individuals really feel.

Yep. I recall a certain poster here before the recent rule change that did almost nothing here but argue that cherry picked fringe voices were emblematic of everything and everyone he disagreed with.

I won't pull punches on my opinion of this. That bullshit is propaganda and the people who believe it are feeble minded seekers of their own confirmation bias.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
That you deflected by blaming liberals for your (and Greenman's) admitted misuse of the word fascism was an observation of fact, not an emotional response.
Citation needed for where I called the students fascists.

You did, however, address my question as to how these college students are threatening free speech and, as I already pointed out, your concerns regarding separation and division are disingenuous given your own engagement in such tactics (ie blaming liberals for your own actions).
What actions would those be? If you can’t handle people disagreeing with you, perhaps you shouldn’t frequent a political forum.

And I believe that the entire board here is well-aware of your habit of continuing to argue long after you've been proven wrong, so we're done whenever you want to be.
Yes, I have a bad habit of not telling people what they want to hear, which is especially triggering to some of the participants on this board.

When you prove me wrong, I’ll let you know. Hasn’t happened yet.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Citation needed for where I called the students fascists.

What actions would those be? If you can’t handle people disagreeing with you, perhaps you shouldn’t frequent a political forum.

Yes, I have a bad habit of not telling people what they want to hear, which is especially triggering to some of the participants on this board.

When you prove me wrong, I’ll let you know. Hasn’t happened yet.

So to recap, Greenman spoke of college students as "junior fascists that want control over what can be said," I questioned that statement, you defended him by accusing me of straw man, I asked "What have these college kids actually done to exert control over your speech?", you deflected by blaming liberals for the common misuse of the word fascism, you got called out on that BS, and now you're simply denying the entire exchange ever occurred with some bizarre pronouncements of self-importance.

Got it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So to recap, Greenman spoke of college students as "junior fascists that want control over what can be said," I questioned that statement, you defended him by accusing me of straw man, I asked "What have these college kids actually done to exert control over your speech?", you deflected by blaming liberals for the common misuse of the word fascism, you got called out on that BS, and now you're simply denying the entire exchange ever occurred with some bizarre pronouncements of self-importance.

Got it.
You forgot to mention you’re disingenuous question, not surprising given your inaccurate summary. Seems like you have a problem with honesty.

Got it.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Sigh.

C08lg_iUAAA9GNl.jpg

OP's logical fallacy is cherry picking.

University enrollments are down across the board, at every university,. not just the political cherries you picked here.

"University and college enrollment has fallen nearly 9 percent since 2011, according to the National Student Clearinghouse"

Now, let's look at your graphs from the cherries your ridiculous source picked?

Oh, look, a roughly 10% decrease since 2011.

Stop reading Quillette. It's a joke and look how stupid they made you look.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You forgot to mention you’re disingenuous question, not surprising given your inaccurate summary. Seems like you have a problem with honesty.

Got it.
HahaHhahahanahaah. HahahaHhaahhaha. DEEEEEEEEFLECT much bro? You just got served logic and fact... and this crap is what you dish back.... Hahahahahahahhaahhahaha.. At least you were a man about itHAHAHAHAAHAAHHABAAHHA

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
HahaHhahahanahaah. HahahaHhaahhaha. DEEEEEEEEFLECT much bro? You just got served logic and fact... and this crap is what you dish back.... Hahahahahahahhaahhahaha.. At least you were a man about itHAHAHAHAAHAAHHABAAHHA
Logic and facts built on disingenuous questions are no more useful than people sharing fortune cookie level advice. Oh wait.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Logic and facts built on disingenuous questions are no more useful than people sharing fortune cookie level advice. Oh wait.
What was disingenuous about asking, what have these college kids actually done to exert control over your speech?

I guess some people just get triggered when I ask them questions they don't like the answer to.

Nov 29, 2006
I'm just here to use my freedom of speech to criticize all of you for participating in a thread started by the OP. You all know how they end by now.

You are now free to criticize me with your freedom of speech, about how i criticized you. Have fun :)