Rant So I just came back from the computer store, and I don't think I'm gonna go back...

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
So I just came back from the computer store. They had a policy where you have to leave your bag/backpack at the front, or they follow you around the store.

I chose the latter (not really a choice in my mind), but really, I should have just walked out, because they spent the entire time asking me about what I'm looking for, recommendations, etc.

Like, I went there to browse/look at monitors, not talk to people. Go away.

I hate retail stores.

It was Canada Computers, btw.

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
What the fuck do you think their job is?
You do realize them following me around for 30 minutes with no words said would be incredibly awkward and even offensive, right? It's either extreme awkwardness, or smalltalk/pretending like I care what their recommendations are. There's no good option.

Nice response, btw.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
You do realize them following me around for 30 minutes with no words said would be incredibly awkward and even offensive, right? It's either extreme awkwardness, or smalltalk/pretending like I care what their recommendations are. There's no good option.

Nice response, btw.

Thank you!

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Probably that person is on commission.
Both of them, probably.

Literally two people hounding me about monitors. Like, bruh, I just want to stare at your panels for 5 minutes and compare refresh rates.

The funny thing is all their panels had a 60 Hz feed, so pointless to begin with.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
So I just came back from the computer store. They had a policy where you have to leave your bag/backpack at the front, or they follow you around the store.

i don't generally carry a bag/backback/purse at any store beside the grocery store. but if i was in this situation, i would have just left.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
You responded with condescension and profanity within seconds. And now this.

I take it your standards for personal excellence are non-existent. I feel sorry for you.

You assume that you or anyone else here are worthy of my personal excellence.

Chill out bud -- was just busting your balls.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Odd......usually the people who demand to carry their backpacks / large bags around a store are usually all on the "up and up". ;)

Reactions: loafbred

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
PSA wage theft is legal.
Go open a store then dont pay your employees.
the cops will never touch you.

Jul 27, 2020
I always reply, "Just looking" and they leave me alone. Maybe the way I say it, they figure this dude isn't buying anything :D

Not a computer store experience but I've had two Filipino girls stand extremely close to me while I was "just looking" at health supplements. I almost wanted to shout, "You are making me EXTREMELY uncomfortable!".

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
If there was only some way to avoid having them follow you around the store...only.some.way.
I'm not about to not go out with my backpack/stuff because they said so. Or to leave it at the front, which is even more ridiculous.

This leaves another option: don't go there anymore. But that's kinda a sad solution, hence the rant.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I'm not about to not go out with my backpack/stuff because they said so. Or to leave it at the front, which is even more ridiculous.

This leaves another option: don't go there anymore. But that's kinda a sad solution, hence the rant.
Are you in school, why the backpack? Also maybe leave it home next time before going and tada, no one following you around. They aren't asking you to drop your pants and lift your sack. It's a pretty simple solution here.

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Are you in school, why the backpack? Also maybe leave it home next time before going and tada, no one following you around. They aren't asking you to drop your pants and lift your sack. It's a pretty simple solution here.
It's the principle of it.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
It's the principle of it.
Ok die on this hill.
Would you say looking at shoppers, wearing a backpack is the norm... or not so much? I also wonder why they'd have such a silly rule.

FYI your life is going to be ruined if you think you can just take food and drink anywhere you please as well, I'll just get that one out of the way for you.