So, ATOT, what are you planning on spending the 3rd round of Coronabucks on?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well "I" thought this free $$$ was meant for people to "stimulate" the economy? So.... if one were to "stimulate" the economy that would mean spending it, right???surface-pro-7-render-high-res.jpg

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Well "I" thought this free $$$ was meant for people to "stimulate" the economy? So.... if one were to "stimulate" the economy that would mean spending it, right???
Just depends for some people. At the end of the day, if I use this to pay debt down, it just means I will spend money at a sooner point rather than later point (because of paying debt earlier).

Those who just dump this into a cash savings account probably aren't doing much generally in stimulating, but also if they feel they have a cushion, then they are more likely to spend money rather than hoarding it. Then of course, those who invest it, are stimulating the economy in more indirect way by funneling that money into the overall market.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Don't really need anything for now and I have no debt so I will just put the money into a saving account, along with the money from the previous stimulus payments (1 and 2).

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Nope, not this time!

Yeah I had to break the news to my ex-wife that she's now considered too well-off for stimulus by the powers that be ... she was pissed and blamed me!

:p

*(she really is doing just fine financially)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yes go stimulate the U.S. economy by buying a tablet manufactured in China.

Lol so true. I bet a good chunk of the stuff being purchased with that money is made in China. This pandemic as a whole has stimulated their economy more than anything really. Just look at how online shopping has gone up and everyone was buying stuff on Amazon and other online retailers especially at the start. Some of the money goes to Jeff Bezos and the rest goes to China.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
i feel it's my duty to remind you of this
Lol, Caddys were totally irrelevant in May 2008 and sooner all GM vehicles would be indirectly brought to the world "courtesy of the U.S government". .

Savings accounts are the most useless place to store money.

Also, "obamagirl", aka Amber Lee Ettinger was smoking hot and the rare female in which I cannot get a read on her ethnicity mix at all.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Without Obama Girl, Obama never would have gotten the nomination. Primary voters were like, "Who the hell is Obama? Whoa, she's hot!"

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
i'm fairly sure that "Hot" is its own ethnicity.
I am a bit genealogy/genetics geek. So I like casually noting the looks of various groups, like English, French, Chinese, Korean, Russian, etc, etc, etc, etc. And not just females, but men too, like hockey players.

She a mix of Irish, Italian, German, and Swedish and they mix so well that the lighting, makeup, and angle is necessary for one part to stand out. Exotic look, imo.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i'm fairly sure that "Hot" is its own ethnicity.

cW2p8TV.gif

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Getting $0 again. I make enough that I don't need the stimulu (just over the exclusion criterias, but I can't help but feel a little left out 😛 nonetheless, I am very glad that people who do need help will be getting it

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Was upgrading all of my appliances with gift cards and investments last year. Just have the refrigerator left, so think I'm going to spring for one (got 15 years out of the old one, so I got my money's worth :D)

That or hearing aids :confused_old:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Reactions: Captante

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Nothing since I never get/got any. I just want them to fund my tax refund immediately after filing them.