Smart 512MB PC2100 for $21.30 @ Buy.com... Price Mistake...?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VaG

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Mrdzone
I got me 2 we'll see what happens though I put in on a debit card and thinking about it this is going to suck if they charge us correct price no chargebacks.... hmmmmmmmmmm
[/quote]

I done got me 2 also kooter. We'll be seeing if they's keep their word. I be thinking the same thing. It's going suck if they's chargeback. Hey haw!!!!!!!

SFang

Apr 4, 2001
Well, who knows it is a price mistake, or just a clearanced item? Buy.com has no right to charge you any other price than what showed up upon your checkout.

NovaTone

Mar 1, 2001
Does anyone have a link to another hot deals site that talks about this? I'd just like to read some other comments about it, thanks!

SFang

Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: NovaTone
Does anyone have a link to another hot deals site that talks about this? I'd just like to read some other comments about it, thanks!

FW.

KeninMI

Feb 16, 2001
Shows OOS backordered for me :-(

they do have a "notify me when its back in stock" system

Good luck to those that did order.

SpaceHulk

Mar 26, 2002
From Buy.com's Order Acceptance Policy:
buy.com reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. buy.com reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.

I ordered 6. Here's cheers to 3 Gig of RAM if this goes through. I think I'll hold my breath until they honor this.

monkyskunk

Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: KeninMI
Shows OOS backordered for me :-(

they do have a "notify me when its back in stock" system

Good luck to those that did order.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it ever was in stock, but people are still ordering anyways with the hope that if and when it ever comes back in stock that they will honor the $21.30 price.

billtmore

Jun 20, 2001
since I ordered from them recently MAYBE they will just fill prior customers orders!doubt it but what the hey

MrPhelps

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2001
Sizzzzzling hot, I paid $80 a couple months ago from Mushkin and that was a good deal.

Thanks corinthos :)

billtmore

Jun 20, 2001
Well done toxicmussels...you get the sherlock award for investigative brilliance!!!!! This could be interesting!!! or at least confusing:D

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
Ingram Micro probably has a price mistake which is filtering out the places that use this distributor.

pinoy

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
has anyone ordered from Applied-Computer B4? went to reseller rating but there was no result. its a good deal though.

multifacitedonyx

May 6, 2001
If you go to Smart Modules site they have info on this product, but their part numbers do not match the part numbers given on the applied computer site (GM6464DDR3H1). If you go by smart modules, the 'H' at the end also signifies CL2.5, not the 2.0 listed on either the Applied-Computee site or the buy.com site.

One last thing, Applied-Computer list -5504 in stock (yes, that is negative)