Small (pc?) vacuum cleaner for ears?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I use an ear pick. If it's ever bad, make an appointment to your local ENT (ear, nose, throat) doc to have them vacuum your ears.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Try taking a shower once a week and you will be fine. ;)

Unless this is your problem:

dIblL6e.gif

Imagine what spider eggs hatching must sound like when it's happening right in your ear.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
News to me -- not really, I've heard it before but didn't really care to listen.

You end up pushing wax onto your ear drum. Then water gets stuck behind it and then you die.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
You end up pushing wax onto your ear drum. Then water gets stuck behind it and then you die.

Then I be ded alredy...

Seriously, I worry about poking my eardrum out every time I do it.

tortillasoup

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2011
no, every medical professional tells you not to do this...

IMO I think that's because too many stupid people don't know how to use a q-tip properly without risk of injury. When I go to the doctor, they like the inside of my ears because I keep it clean regularly. It feels very uncomfortable if I don't swab the inside of my ear. The worst thing to enter my ear was ring-worm (fungal infection). Made the ear super tender and skin flaking off. Ended up treating it with a q-tip + Ketoconazole and Pyrithione Zinc. Has taken a long time to heal and in the beginning, my ear was extremely tender and it was painful but now has healed pretty good and I think I'm pretty close to being cured of that ailment.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
That just pushes it farther back!! (uugghh)

Obviously, according to medical professionals, the typical human being is incapable of handling a Q-tip inside their ear canal and I'm not recommending it...

But I've been Q-tipping daily forever. No infections, no damage, no problems. I skillfully maneuver the Q-tip so that it removes wax from all around my eardrum, then clean the ear canal. The Q-tips that go in come out practically pristine. Never had to see a doctor to remove anything, never looked up a remedy to melt the wax at home.

Only major ear injury I ever suffered was when some fuqing prick in grade school stuck a pine-needle into my ear and caused bleeding on my drum -- that same c*nt shot a laser pointer in my eye, then he wondered why I didn't want to be his friend when we changed schools.