singers who don't need a processor to sound good

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: ElFenix
have you heard the clip where they accidentally left britney's microphone on during a concert?
:laugh:

I was goin to say.... wtf is he smokin?

Edit: And who the fuck is Pink? :confused:

People that can sing well are a dime a dozen. People that can sing well and write original music are rare.

Hence the problem that many believe to be the downfall of the music industry.

pink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDJ3cuXKV4

she writes her own songs (frequently) too :p

JasonCoder

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
Dude, spears isn't worthy of being a fly that lands on Pink's ass. Actually she's not worthy of being the parasite attached to the fly that lands on Pink's ass.

Why are flies buzzing around Pink's ass? I don't know.... this is an allegory son, don't be so literal.

skulkingghost

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2006
The Shins were better live than on cd, and I LOVE them on cd. Muse was utterly fantastic live as well. Virginia Coalition rocked the mike like, especially during their acoustic sets, and colin hay had an incredible voice when I saw him.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
This thread is retarded. You're just asking for a list of talented singers. You obviously listen almost exclusively to shit music if your list of people who use processing on their vocals is bigger than your list of those who don't.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I got news for you. No matter who is up there on the stage there is going to be lots of processing between their mic and what you're hearing. It's the nature of the beast in pro audio.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Quintox
Originally posted by: fire400
Originally posted by: ElFenix
have you heard the clip where they accidentally left britney's microphone on during a concert?

lol

P!NK turned Spears down when Spears asked her to help with new lyrics as of 07 'cuz P!NK claimed Spears as an "entertainer" not a singer.

P!NK is just jealous she'll never be as big as Spears in even 25 life times all stacked up.

Some music videos are worth watching only half way... coriagraphy (spelt rong?) sucks for a lot of them.

WTF are you talking about

eh no its true, pink shouldn't talk. her songs are inferior to britneys. let alone britneys last album which oddly enough didn't suck at all.

pink has tried to sing live in a few performances sure. but the problem is ...even though she's "brave", she doesn't have the voice to back it up. so it sounds pretty piss poor.

anyways, as for singers with good voices
sarah mclachlan
renee olstead
eva cassidy
alison krauss
mariah carey
christina aguilera

britney did have some pipes to begin with if you look at some of her old star search videos.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Man, what a fucked up list to choose from in the OP.

Elvis
Celine Dion
Paul Potts
Mariah Carey
Robert Plant
Michael Bolton
Tony Bennett
Steven Tyler
Steve Perry
Andrea Boceli
Diana Krall
Nancy Wilson
Nat King Cole
Natalie Cole
Harry Connick Jr.
Bon Jovi
Don Henley
Meat Loaf
Gino Vanneli
George Benson
Peabo Bryson
Luther Vandross
Keb Mo
BB King
Eric Clapton
Michael McDonald ( his voice could make me go gay)

Just to name a few. ;)

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
Rob Halford, Meatloaf

Say what you want about their music or lyrics, but as vocalists they were fantastic.