singers who don't need a processor to sound good

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Two of my favorites that have monster vocals:

Bjork
Eddie Vedder

I also like Mac Powell of Third Day, but he lacks range.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
i think a lot of people confuse musical style with talent.

sure, you can say you don't like a particular singers style of music, lifestyle or whatever, but that doesn't necessarily mean he/she doesn't have talent.

britney spears is an example, no one denys what she is today, but to deny she has talent is just being stupid.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
i think a lot of people confuse musical style with talent.

sure, you can say you don't like a particular singers style of music, lifestyle or whatever, but that doesn't necessarily mean he/she doesn't have talent.

britney spears is an example, no one denys what she is today, but to deny she has talent is just being stupid.

Britney has talent....but it isn't vocal. It was the combination of being a sexy teen on the verge of legal age with some dance ability and a slightly above average voice and a willingness to market that to a demographic that would gobble it up.

She can sings eons better than I can...but to add her to a list of great singers is a very disrespectful thing to do to those that actually belong on that list.