Sequester so catastrophic that the DOW hits record high.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Data are records of things that have already happened, genius. Things that may happen on the future are not data, but nice work doubling down on the stupid.

Either way Obama is out trying to spread doom and the market doesn't believe him.

Last edited:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Either way Obama is out trying to spread doom and the market doesn't believe him.

Nice edit there. I actually saw the stupid ass thing you posted before it.

"Either way" = "oops, i was wrong".

Yet another Matt1970 thread fail.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Nice edit there. I actually saw the stupid ass thing you posted before it.

"Either way" = "oops, i was wrong".

Yet another Matt1970 thread fail.

Meaning I don't want to get sidetracked by arguing the definition of Data.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I love how this thread is going on at the same time as another one whre Obama is being painted as the devil over the sequester.

All heat, no light. Typical P&N.

We can get nowhere in P & N because the folk who post here are not only ignorant but brain dead. I have heard, ignorant though I too am, that the Dow is doing well because of recession, the Fed has set interest rates at almost nothing and unemployment is so great people will work for nothing, and those things coupled with offshore profits, are driving corporate profits. In short business is doing well because the Average American is not. All the wealth is going to the top because business invests in the reelection funding of democrats and republicans.

But although I don't know if these things are true, I haven't bothered to post them here for analysis when I originally read the thread because there is no point in doing so. It's like feeding truth to assholes. All they want to do is shit on everything they can.

They have no personal pride and no shame, no dignity and no self respect. They constantly display their rear ends like baboons in all of the colors conservative brain defects come in. When all of your reasoning power goes into protecting the ego from fear these poor poor fools remain a danger to themselves and others.

Apr 27, 2012
The sequester isn't even real cuts its just cuts in the rate of growth. Everyone who supported obama in the sequester should be ashamed of themselves for believing the lies from that piece of shit obama

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Meaning you didn't understand what data are until today.

Data are values of qualitative or quantitative variables, belonging to a set of items.

I cannot find one definition that has anything to do with past/present or future.

Thead title: Sequester so catastrophic that the DOW hits record high.

Care to debate the issue?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The sequester isn't even real cuts its just cuts in the rate of growth. Everyone who supported obama in the sequester should be ashamed of themselves for believing the lies from that piece of shit obama

$2.5 Trillion over 10 years, $85 Billion/year. When the years start adding up and the deficit stays the same, forget the $300 Billion/year it's supposed to shrink, people are going to wonder about the bill of goods they got sold.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I cannot find one definition that has anything to do with past/present or future.
You had to look up the definition? You're not doing yourself any favors here, bucko.

You are invited to explain in what way things that have not happened can be considered data, however.

Thead title: Sequester so catastrophic that the DOW hits record high.

Care to debate the issue?

Care to admit you don't understand what data are?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I wonder if Moonbeam could even make a post without using the term brain dead?

What makes you brain dead, Matt, is the fact that in my post full of data, you noticed only two words, brain dead, and that is because of all that I said, in your brain dead state the words brain dead were all that could register because, of course, you ARE brain dead. You are nothing at all but a gigantic programmed reflex, in short, an ignorant fool. Since you chose to make it public to all but yourself, I chose to make it public to you. You must understand your condition before you can do anything about it. Being brain dead, as I use the term, means being blind to your inability to think rationally. Are you the slightest bit interested in seeing yourself and changing? Hehe, of course not. This is what it means to be brain dead. But I will help you when you want it. I'm probably the only real friend you have.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
What makes you brain dead, Matt, is the fact that in my post full of data, you noticed only two words, brain dead, and that is because of all that I said, in your brain dead state the words brain dead were all that could register because, of course, you ARE brain dead. You are nothing at all but a gigantic programmed reflex, in short, an ignorant fool. Since you chose to make it public to all but yourself, I chose to make it public to you. You must understand your condition before you can do anything about it. Being brain dead, as I use the term, means being blind to your inability to think rationally. Are you the slightest bit interested in seeing yourself and changing? Hehe, of course not. This is what it means to be brain dead. But I will help you when you want it. I'm probably the only real friend you have.

Sorry, I tend to ignore bloviating especially when it is the same thing from you over and over.

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
The sequester is a joke. And the stock market hasn't reflected the economic situation for the rest of us for quite some time.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
The stock market hitting a high right now is really the ultimate proof that trickle-down theory doesn't work.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The stock market hitting a high right now is really the ultimate proof that trickle-down theory doesn't work.

Something in 2013 is proving that something in 1981 doesn't work? Well that only took 32 years.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I am nothing like phokus, He is a partisan hack who supports big government while I support the Constitution

He is trying to say you and I are as bad as him just on different sides. It's ok, they have McOwned and he trumps 10 or more from any side.

Apr 27, 2012
He is trying to say you and I are as bad as him just on different sides. It's ok, they have McOwned and he trumps 10 or more from any side.

I know but he is wrong since I attack both sides. I agree about McOwned as well they have phokus

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Are you stupid Matt (this is rhetorical)?

1. Any effect on the economy due to the sequestration won't be felt in a while, you dummy.

2. The DIJA has been way up since 2009. THANKS OBAMA! https://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI

Not surprised that someone who can't tell the difference between a fake news story and a real one would be posting such a stupid thread.

Actually the market usually "prices in" stuff like this before it happens. Of course we could argue for weeks if it has priced in this particular event with neither of us being able to provide anything but anecdotal evidence but I would wager that stocks of individual companies who will be hit hard by the sequester have already seen some decent hits.

I won't even bother with the Obama and DIJA since 2009 part.