Seattle autonomous zone

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005

protesters have taken over an area in Seattle to protest. They are now requiring ID checks at gun point to enter and business pay a fee to keep operating. Things i am sure they were against, just moments ago.

demands include a wide range of topics: i seem to not find a full list.
disbanding the police force and criminal justice system
rent control
free college

don't pay attention to this part below. bad source: ( i'm sure ill still get grilled and labeled for it after my good faith edit)
another take:

armed members of a far left gun group are setting up and intimidating people in the zone

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009

protesters have taken over an area in Seattle to protest. They are now requiring ID checks at gun point to enter and business pay a fee to keep operating. Things i am sure they were against, just moments ago.

rent control
free college

another take:

armed members of a far left gun group are setting up and intimidating people in the zone

Seems like a nice display of 2A rights.

B4A29043-CCA8-4EFF-A2C9-BD020DBCA727.jpeg

Reactions: nickqt

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Assistant Police Chief Deanna Nollette also said police have "heard anecdotally"
Assistant Police Chief Deanna Nollette said police had received reports that protesters allegedly set up barricades
Seattle officials say there is no indication the occupied area is being coordinated by left-wing groups under the umbrella of Antifa.

Some residents and business owners said they were concerned, KOMO reported, but others weren't, like Christopher Derrah, who lives nearby. "There's people having teach-ins, talks, political discussions," he said.
Kate VanPetten, who works at a nearby coffee shop, told CNN affiliate KIRO the CHAZ was "an anti-racist zone," and that her business has been supporting the movement.
"We've been setting out free coffee for the protesters and doing everything we can to support

Ummm
So does anyone have actual facts?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
SPD would rather turn public opinion against them, I think. OP is only too happy to do his part.

I'd love to see the city shut off power and water to the area...and cordon the area off completely. As a separate "country," there needs to be border control both ways...not just on who gets IN...EXCEPT that there folks living there that have nothing to do with this.
Declaring yourself an "autonomous zone" should carry the requirement to provide for your people...not depend on the government you're seceding from to continue to provide it for you.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
i posted 2 sources. good lord what do you want? i have no idea what the leanings of the city journal are. . . oh hell. it was like the 2nd "news story" on google news.

ok.

Local reporters confirm that there are some CHAZ residents walking around with firearms (Washington is an open-carry state)

i'm not against open carry. so carry on.

it is interesting the protesters are ok with guns protecting them, while also wanting to disband the whole criminal justice system.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
i posted 2 sources. good lord what do you want? i have no idea what the leanings of the city journal are. . . oh hell. it was like the 2nd "news story" on google news.

ok.

Local reporters confirm that there are some CHAZ residents walking around with firearms (Washington is an open-carry state)

You do realize that google and other sites feed you info based on you're search and site visit history correct?

Reactions: Homerboy
Nov 8, 2012

rent control
free college

don't pay attention to this part below. bad source: ( i'm sure ill still get grilled and labeled for it after my good faith edit)
another take:

I posted about this in the eric garner thread so I'll post my same thoughts here....

1. Get popcorn
2. Get lawn chairs
3. Cut water, power, and gas to the area
4. Watch hilarity ensue
5. Sit back and watch them surrender - give citations to each one as they come out.

Nov 8, 2012
I'd love to see the city shut off power and water to the area...and cordon the area off completely. As a separate "country," there needs to be border control both ways...not just on who gets IN...EXCEPT that there folks living there that have nothing to do with this.
Declaring yourself an "autonomous zone" should carry the requirement to provide for your people...not depend on the government you're seceding from to continue to provide it for you.

Just cut power and wait for their cell phones to run out of battery bwahahaha.

Feb 4, 2009
I posted about this in the eric garner thread so I'll post my same thoughts here....

1. Get popcorn
2. Get lawn chairs
3. Cut water, power, and gas to the area
4. Watch hilarity ensue
5. Sit back and watch them surrender - give citations to each one as they come out.

Wait so if I simply live in the area or have a business in the area I don’t deserve power, water or gas?
That is a pretty brutal & moronic solution.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

ok.

i'm not against open carry. so carry on.

it is interesting the protesters are ok with guns protecting them, while also wanting to disband the whole criminal justice system.

City Journal is a one of those sites that spit out conservative think tank content and Rufo is the type of person....well you can look at his background and make your own decisions,

The CNN source did not support your assertion nor did you your additional links.
They are now requiring ID checks at gun point to enter and business pay a fee to keep operating.

Nov 8, 2012
Wait so if I simply live in the area or have a business in the area I don’t deserve power, water or gas?
That is a pretty brutal & moronic solution.

The people utilizing these things aren't paying for them silly buns.

If you as a business owner want to pay for a bunch of random lazy hippies to use your bathrooms, electricity, etc.. by all means... But judging from them the fact that they are telling the businesses that they have to PAY THEM in order to continue to operate... I don't think the business owners like these people all too well.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
...and replace it with another system. You should be familiar with the "repeal and replace" mantra.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Nov 8, 2012
City Journal is a one of those sites that spit out conservative think tank content and Rufo is the type of person....well you can look at his background and make your own decisions,

The CNN source did not support your assertion nor did you your additional links.

This isn't difficult little boy. Just google search "Seattle CHAZ" and you can find many articles till your heart's content.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Feb 4, 2009
The people utilizing these things aren't paying for them silly buns.

If you as a business owner want to pay for a bunch of random lazy hippies to use your bathrooms, electricity, etc.. by all means... But judging from them the fact that they are telling the businesses that they have to PAY THEM in order to continue to operate... I don't think the business owners like these people all too well.

Please explain item #3 on you list. I truly don’t understand what you are suggesting.