Scum Makes Bail

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
If a bunch of vultures make a kettle, and a bunch of crows make a murder, what do a bunch of racists make?

Kyle Rittenhouse released from jail after posting $2 million bail
Rittenhouse, 17, has been charged with killing two people and wounding another in Kenosha, Wis., in August.

1605920782021.png

Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old charged in the fatal shooting of two people and the wounding of another in Kenosha, Wis. in late August, was released from jail on Friday after posting $2 million in bail.

Kenosha County Sheriff Sgt. David Wright, a department spokesman, confirmed that Rittenhouse left the county’s detention center around 2 p.m. local time Friday, accompanied by a security team and one of his attorneys.
“Kyle is free, he is totally innocent, and it’s about time,” said his attorney John Pierce. “He is totally innocent, and we are going to prove it.”
Pierce said former Special Operations service members were hired to provide security for Rittenhouse.

In Wisconsin, bail has to be paid in the full cash amount. Pierce said the $2 million came from funds raised by Fight Back, an organization whose website said is tasked to “protect and defend the constitutional rights, livelihoods and property of people and businesses that are being targeted and destroyed.” The organization was founded by Lin Wood, another Rittenhouse attorney.

In a Twitter post Friday, Wood characterized Rittenhouse as “a political prisoner” and said the organization would continue to raise money for his defense costs. He also credited “NYPD Blue” actor Ricky Schroder and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell with “putting us over the top.”
Two other conservative organizations, the National Association For Gun Rights and American Wolf 689, have raised a total of $105,000 directly for living expenses for Rittenhouse’s family, which left its home in Antioch, Ill., for an undisclosed location, because of harassment and death threats, Pierce said.

Rittenhouse has been in custody in Kenosha since Oct. 30, when he was extradited to Wisconsin from Lake County, Ill., just across the state line, where he was arrested Aug. 26.
Rittenhouse has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide and first-degree reckless homicide in the shooting deaths of Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum. He has also been charged with attempted first-degree homicide in the shooting of Gaige Grosskreutz. The shootings took place during street protests related to the shooting of Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man, by a Kenosha police officer two days earlier.

Rittenhouse attorneys say the teenager was acting in self-defense.

Bail conditions set at Rittenhouse’s last court hearing included not making contact with families of the victims or possessing a weapon. His next hearing is Dec. 3.
On Thursday, Kenosha police detective Ben Antaramian testified in court that Dominick Black, a friend of Rittenhouse’s, told investigators that he had bought the AR-15 assault rifle used in the shootings. Black, 19, is charged with two counts of intent to sell a dangerous weapon to a person under 18. According to the criminal complaint, Rittenhouse gave Black money to buy the weapon in May from a hardware store in Ladysmith, a town in the far north of Wisconsin. They then went shooting with the weapon that day, and the weapon was stored in Black’s stepfather’s house in Kenosha, the complaint says.

Rittenhouse could not buy a gun because he did not have an Illinois firearm owner identification card. Gun possession in Illinois is prohibited for people younger than 21 unless they get written consent from a parent or legal guardian.

Antaramian said that during a second interview, Black provided “a conflicting statement,” saying that instead of giving Rittenhouse the gun the day of the shooting, Rittenhouse took the gun without his knowledge. According to the complaint, Black’s stepfather told police he did not know the gun was missing from his house. It had been stored in a locked safe but was taken out the previous day when rioting broke out in Kenosha.
Black “skirted around issue that Kyle took it without him looking and he made no attempt to stop Kyle from taking it at that point,” Antaramian said.

The day before the shooting, Rittenhouse, who lived in nearby Antioch, Ill., worked his job at a Wisconsin recreation center outside Kenosha and then stayed overnight at Black’s house.
Black’s next court appearance is Jan. 13.
In an interview, Wendy Rittenhouse, the teenager’s mother, described Black “as a son.”
“I support Dominick for what he’s going through. I’ll always love Dominick. He is part of my family, and he will always be part of my family,” she said.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's interesting to see conservatives hail as a hero a kid who hunted down and murdered people because he disagreed with their political speech. Seems like they all wish they could do the same.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So what? Scum get get bail every day. Got a problem with it, argue with the DA and the judge. Why does this deserve its own thread?

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
It's interesting to see conservatives hail as a hero a kid who hunted down and murdered people because he disagreed with their political speech. Seems like they all wish they could do the same.

Hahahaha. Some of you guys are a lot like Trumpers. What in the hell are you talking about? There is no evidence Kyle tried to engineer a situation where he would essentially trap Rosenbaum into killing himself. The simplest and most likely explanation for Kyle's intention is that Kyle wanted to help out as a medic and thought he "needed" a gun to be safe. There is no evidence currently that I'm aware of suggesting that Kyle went out looking to shoot people up that night. There still isn't anything showing even a confrontation with Rosenbaum, and yet you still want to present this dumb shit as fact?

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Murderers don't generally get released on bail.
Yeah this is strange. Isn't he being directly charged with murder? I've never seen anything like this. 1st degree homicide and he's out on bail...

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
So what? Scum get get bail every day. Got a problem with it, argue with the DA and the judge. Why does this deserve its own thread?

It's pretty obvious the bail was set high enough to make sure he WOULDN'T make bail.

1. He is a flight risk. He had to be extradited.
2. Giving someone that murders on video bail, would be like giving OJ bail after the Bronco slow speed chase.. (OJ DIDN'T get bail.
3. It's a perversion of the system to allow Klansmen to post the bail for someone that's not even related to them.
Would you be cool with cartels posting bail for drug dealers?

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
It's pretty obvious the bail was set high enough to make sure he WOULDN'T make bail.

2. Giving someone that murders on video bail, would be like giving OJ bail after the Bronco slow speed chase.. (OJ DIDN'T get bail.
3. It's a perversion of the system to allow Klansmen to post the bail for someone that's not even related to them.

Do you guys want to reduce bail to little or nothing or what? He's really no more a threat to society than those who already go to the protests with their rifles.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Agreed. The fact he even got bail set is a joke. Lots of young black guys get accused of homicide and they don't get bail.

Do you guys want to reduce bail to little or nothing or what? He's really no more a threat to society than those who already go to the protests with their rifles.
From an equity standpoint, this is clearly special treatment. Either we have one justice system for all or we have a justice system that plays favorites.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Just so I'm clear if you are charged with murder in the United States, all you need is money to be set free. If you don't have money, just do a fundraiser to get people to set you free.

I'm asking for clarification because I think I saw this in a Star trek the next generation episode.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Just so I'm clear if you are charged with murder in the United States, all you need is money to be set free. If you don't have money, just do a fundraiser to get people to set you free.

I'm asking for clarification because I think I saw this in a Star trek the next generation episode.

That is usually true. The exception would be things like a serial killer where the danger of repeat murders is a real possibility or if there is a serious flight risk.

NY could reasonably argue to a court that Trump represents a flight risk as his past history of legal compliance is problematic even though there is no murder charge pending. Of course with Trump, all things are possible so I won't bet the farm on that last bit.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Be interesting to see how
As someone who is pretty strongly against cash bail a person accused of two counts of first degree murder should absolutely be detained pretrial.

Instead he's going to be feted publicly by Nazis.
I'd be down with that as long as the trial was held within two weeks. The idea that the state can simply hold you in perpetuity while they dick around is punishment without conviction.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Be interesting to see how

I'd be down with that as long as the trial was held within two weeks. The idea that the state can simply hold you in perpetuity while they dick around is punishment without conviction.
Who’s going to pay for all the judicial infrastructure to have a murder investigated and trial held within two weeks of arrest?

Are you going to be ok adding tons of new judges to make this possible?

Maybe a new tax on small businesses to pay for it....

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I didn't follow this story when it occurred and now I'm curious about it. Anyone know right off hand where there is a non political version of the event?

Edit: Never mind, turns out Wikipedia has what appears to be a reasonably concise account of the event.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Who’s going to pay for all the judicial infrastructure to have a murder investigated and trial held within two weeks of arrest?

Are you going to be ok adding tons of new judges to make this possible?

Maybe a new tax on small businesses to pay for it....
Clearly it's a problem, but how can we justify keeping someone jailed for months or even years as the trial drags on?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
That is usually true. The exception would be things like a serial killer where the danger of repeat murders is a real possibility or if there is a serious flight risk.

Rittenhouse is 2 for 2 He killed two people and crippled one. That makes him a "serial killer".

He fled the state after the murder(s) and had to be extradited.

No reasonable judge would think for an instant that a little inbred redneck kid would be able to scrape together 2,000,000.00

If the judge had set it at something like 15 million, they would be screaming he was "unreasonable".

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I didn't follow this story when it occurred and now I'm curious about it. Anyone know right off hand where there is a non political version of the event?

Edit: Never mind, turns out Wikipedia has what appears to be a reasonably concise account of the event.

Non-political? Ok.

Inbred illegally aquires an AR-15, goes to a peace rally in another state, kills 2, cripples one. Heads across the state line like he was in an old western. Gets busted, sent back, and set free by the Klan and Neo-nazis.

I knew the MyPillow guy was Trump's bitch, but I was a little shocked that Ricky Schroder was involved.
He didn't seem the type.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Clearly it's a problem, but how can we justify keeping someone jailed for months or even years as the trial drags on?

In general I don't think we can for non-violent crimes or people who aren't flight risks. But we do this a lot and people can languish in jail awaiting trial for months or even years on far lesser charges.

Deciding not to detain a lot of people we currently detain for no real good reason and investing more resources in courts/public defenders would probably help speed things up.