Scum Makes Bail

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Why do some of you keep referring to the event where this took place a demonstration, rally, or protest? It was a riot. Millions of dollars worth of damage, business burned to the ground, shootings, looting, arson, assault. Those things make it a riot.

I haven't addressed this before, but....

Because Trumpism is not the only alt-reality to exist. Republicans do not stand alone in fantasy land, there is more than one fantasy. After all, Democrats are only human. The human condition applies to them as well.

You can see it every day. Riots in favor of men with weapons going after the police. The police manage to survive the encounter by shooting the suspect / assailant. Police surviving a violent conflict with weapons? Those inside the bubble can't have that apparently. A rioting mob tries to kill a teenager. Teen has the weapon and the skill to survive the attack. Can't have that either. Like, holy shit. Talk about a death cult. Republicans aren't the only ones who want blood while denying reality and doing everything possible to justify the blood lust.

Here they want to finish what the riot started and use our Courts to take a teen's life because he survived his assailants. Yet the evidence of his innocence was publicly available, crystal clear video available from day one. Think about that.... it's !@#$ing crazy and they think it is rationale and moral.

But it isn't at all. We are dealing with an immoral alt-reality bubble among Democrats that favors the rioting mob over anyone. No matter the circumstance. No facts, truth or logic are going to pierce the seething hatred they demonstrate for the victims of their alt-reality bubble. It is all emotion, all outrage. It is Trumpism but flipped over to serve another people for their own biases.

The demonstration of it here in this thread is sickening.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Greenman

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
That's a new one. Are you claiming he was protesting?
Got any evidence for that?

The info I have suggests he was there as a "medic" and or "security". Don't know why he wasn't with a group for protection - but he clearly didn't know how violent and blood thirsty the actual "protestors" were on the streets.
A medic? LO-fucking-L. He had exactly what medical training?

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Because Trumpism is not the only alt-reality to exist. Republicans do not stand alone in fantasy land, there is more than one fantasy. After all, Democrats are only human. The human condition applies to them as well.

You can see it every day. Riots in favor of men with weapons going after the police. The police manage to survive the encounter by shooting the suspect / assailant. Police surviving a violent conflict with weapons? Those inside the bubble can't have that apparently. A rioting mob tries to kill a teenager. Teen has the weapon and the skill to survive the attack. Can't have that either. Like, holy shit. Talk about a death cult. Republicans aren't the only ones who want blood while denying reality and doing everything possible to justify the blood lust.

Here they want to finish what the riot started and use our Courts to take a teen's life because he survived his assailants. Yet the evidence of his innocence was publicly available, crystal clear video available from day one. Think about that.... it's !@#$ing crazy and they think it is rationale and moral.

But it isn't at all. We are dealing with an immoral alt-reality bubble among Democrats that favors the rioting mob over anyone. No matter the circumstance. No facts, truth or logic are going to pierce the seething hatred they demonstrate for the victims of their alt-reality bubble. It is all emotion, all outrage. It is Trumpism but flipped over to serve another people for their own biases.

The demonstration of it here in this thread is sickening.

Your rant is fucking nonsense .. This guy has been charged with – among other things – first-degree intentional homicide, reckless homicide, attempted intentional homicide and two counts of recklessly endangering safety. And rightly so.

He was a gun fanatic, cheerleader for unchecked police power, and avid Trump cultist. He showed up to protect "property" with deadly force and was there to potentially kill his Political "enemies". And he did

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Your rant is fucking nonsense .. This guy has been charged with – among other things – first-degree intentional homicide, reckless homicide, attempted intentional homicide and two counts of recklessly endangering safety. And rightly so.

He was a gun fanatic, cheerleader for unchecked police power, and avid Trump cultist. He was there to potentially kill his "enemies". And he did

You forgot the gun charge since he illegally acquired the weapon in question.

But he is some bystander who something just happened to and whoopsies some people are dead. Condemning rioting and condemning what this wannabe militant did are not mutually exclusive positions even though some people might desire to think so.

Reactions: Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The info I have suggests he was there as a "medic" and or "security". Don't know why he wasn't with a group for protection - but he clearly didn't know how violent and blood thirsty the actual "protestors" were on the streets.

So dishonest. Those are just code words obfuscating the fact that he & his friends were there as provocateurs. When the cops called curfew the rest went home but he stuck around because he could just shoot anybody who fucked with him. Muh rights. Self defense.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The money pouring in form "Christians" for the shooter’s legal defense isn’t out of some urge to save this young man from evil, but rather to support his evil works, somehow regarding them as good. If the Antichrist were real, Donald Trump would be a pretty good dry run for him, a proof of concept that the time was right for the real thing. And the “Christians” of America’s evangelical movement are overwhelmingly in his corner. And they love him most of all because, like this young man, he wants to stick it to the same people they want to stick it to.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
You forgot the gun charge since he illegally acquired the weapon in question.

But he is some bystander who something just happened to and whoopsies some people are dead. Condemning rioting and condemning what this wannabe militant did are not mutually exclusive positions even though some people might desire to think so.

The kid lives in Antioch. Illinois. Which is not Kenosha, Wisconsin. He heard of “TROUBLE” across the state line and drove to Wisconsin, showed up and waited for a "militia" member (which is another name for RWNJ "thugs") to hand him an loaded AR-15 when he arrived.

The only people killed in the “TROUBLE” were killed by him.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The kid lives in Antioch. Illinois. Which is not Kenosha, Wisconsin. He heard of “TROUBLE” across the state line and drove to Wisconsin, showed up and waited for a "militia" member (which is another name for RWNJ "thugs") to hand him an loaded AR-15 when he arrived.

The only people killed in the “TROUBLE” were killed by him.

Worse it was a straw purchase. Rittenhouse knew he could not obtain the weapon in IL without a FOID card which he was not eligible for unless sponsored by a parent or guardian. So instead Rittenhouse gave this friend the money who bought it for him in WI and kept it there are the friend's stepdad's place.

Nov 8, 2012
Rittenhouse is 2 for 2 He killed two people and crippled one. That makes him a "serial killer".

He fled the state after the murder(s) and had to be extradited.

No reasonable judge would think for an instant that a little inbred redneck kid would be able to scrape together 2,000,000.00

If the judge had set it at something like 15 million, they would be screaming he was "unreasonable".

Morons like you are the living definition of "fake news" and why people like Trump use it - and why Republicans will keep winning elections.

1) He attempted to surrender to police at the time of the incidents. You didn't mention this. This negates your "he fled the state". He simply went home after unsuccessfully surrendering.

2) He TURNED HIMSELF IN to local authorities. You didn't mention this. Again, this negates your bullshit peddling narrative where you're acting as-if this kid was in anyway running away from authority. He wasn't. At no time was he fleeing authority.

Fuck right off with your personalized narrative agenda of what happened instead of the facts.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Okay there's a lot of idiocy here but I'll try to respond in-kind...

The simplest and most likely explanation for Kyle's intention is that Kyle wanted to help out as a medic and thought he "needed" a gun to be safe.
You're fucking retarded.

Your version of the event is hate based, it's empty posturing designed to produce an emotional conviction. I'll wait and see what I want to see.
Keep searching for that alt-reality, then.

Isn't this the kid who was punched and or hit with a skateboard before opening fire?
What is your point supposed to be? That people attempting to disarm him (not kill him or maim him) deserved to die? Yeah. You're a fucking retard.

The mob trying to kill him aren't victims.
Nobody was trying to kill him, why can't you stop lying and misrepresenting what happened that night? Disarming == killing? Stop being a fucking retard.

A rioting mob tries to kill a teenager. Teen has the weapon and the skill to survive the attack. Can't have that either. Like, holy shit. Talk about a death cult.
You're nothing but a dishonest shithead.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Morons like you are the living definition of "fake news" and why people like Trump use it - and why Republicans will keep winning elections.

1) He attempted to surrender to police at the time of the incidents. You didn't mention this. This negates your "he fled the state". He simply went home after unsuccessfully surrendering.

2) He TURNED HIMSELF IN to local authorities. You didn't mention this. Again, this negates your bullshit peddling narrative where you're acting as-if this kid was in anyway running away from authority. He wasn't. At no time was he fleeing authority.

Fuck right off with your personalized narrative agenda of what happened instead of the facts.

More dishonesty. At no time did Rittenhouse engage the police after the shooting. He walked down the street past them in their vehicles claiming to have shot somebody.

Nov 8, 2012
More dishonesty. At no time did Rittenhouse engage the police after the shooting. He walked down the street past them in their vehicles claiming to have shot somebody.
Yeah moron, because when I walk by police on the street I make sure to get front and center of them in their police vehicles and put my hands up

Totally normal behavior for "walked down the street past them"

8bfe93aa49ece8470e8ca44376cddf76.jpg

• Haha

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah moron, because when I walk by police on the street I make sure to get front and center of them in their police vehicles and put my hands up

Totally normal behavior for "walked down the street past them"

8bfe93aa49ece8470e8ca44376cddf76.jpg

Hey, retard. A still image isn't a video and doesn't show what happened in the 1-2 minutes following it. But keep being dishonest, it's apparently all you've got.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hey, retard. A still image isn't a video and doesn't show what happened in the 1-2 minutes following it. But keep being dishonest, it's apparently all you've got.

He knows that. The important part for all of Kyle's defenders is that he killed some of the right people.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yup. The weapon was illegally aquired.
That he didn't reside in the state where the rioting occurred is irrelevant.
The wiki article states that he spoke to police after the shooting.
Yes, he did return to his home across the state line.
I don't care who posted his bail, it's irrelevant.

What's relevant are the events leading up to the shooting, and why the fellow was there with a rifle. The event as described in the wiki article isn't cut and dried.
Your version of the event is hate based, it's empty posturing designed to produce an emotional conviction. I'll wait and see what they jury has to say.
This is gonna take LSD and sleep deprivation therapy to deprogram. Maybe even 24/7 Celine Dion.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

I would like to see your info that he was there as a medic or security.

I would also like to know what training he received to be a medic.

Rittenhouse is 17 years old. Wisconsin law states you have to be 21 years old (and pass other things) to be an armed security.

EDIT:

If he is there as a medic.. why is he not caring any medical supplies. All pictures of him do not show him with any medical supplies

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

The info I have suggests he was there as a "medic" and or "security".
Don't know why he wasn't with a group for protection - but he clearly didn't know how violent and blood thirsty the actual "protestors" were on the streets.

What the actual fuck man, neurons firing the wrong way today?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
He knows that. The important part for all of Kyle's defenders is that he killed some of the right people.

Probably one of the most glaring differences between the 'right' and the 'left' in today's America is that if Rittenhouse was on the 'left,' no one would be claiming he acted in self-defense, bailing him out, or calling him a hero. And that's because only the 'right' in today's America glorifies killing their fellow Americans over differences of political opinion.

Edit: and to prove my point (not to Jhhnn), please note that amidst all the cries of "OMG leftist violence!" the only people who were killed or injured that night in Kenosha were done so at Rittenhouse's hands. Leftist violence indeed.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm not sure why some people can't separate the fact that there were three things going on that night - a protest, some rioters, and a vigilante kid who went to find trouble. There were people just holding signs and chanting and yelling. There were idiots rioting. And there was a kid who played cop on social media that went with a gun to play vigilante.

I'm pretty sure if this was after a college or pro sports game where people have been known to riot this whole situation would be different if people got shot there by a vigilante kid. Then it would be awww they were just innocent bystanders. But because some can associate the victims with BLM or leftist ideology, now he is a hero, or at least just misunderstood/misguided.