"Science is liberal and anti-American." (Conservapedia)

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
I just discovered "Conservapedia" and.....its hilarious! Especially considering its not a satire website and the people writing this are 100% serious. :D:

There is an article on Science and the first sentence reads "Science is liberal and anti-American."
http://www.conservapedia.com/Science

There's also an article called "Atheism and the suppression of science" that reads:

"Atheism and the rejection of science is one common criticism of atheism, as militant atheists have often suppressed scientific knowledge because it conflicts with a presupposed materialistic worldview."
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_the_suppression_of_science

These people obviously have no clue what Science is. :D

And another hilarious article reads "Atheism and the persecution of homosexuals":

"The persecution of homosexuals, is one common criticism of atheism, as militant atheists have often persecuted those belonging to the LGBTQ community."
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_the_persecution_of_homosexuals

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Many Christians who lack faith because they believe that God falls if the Bible falls try to bolster their lack of faith by creating altered realities like dinosaurs and people lived at the same time. What these types who are weak in faith wind up doing is making religion and people who have real faith look ridiculous in the eyes of stupid atheists who will tarnish everything with the same brush. That does not mean that all atheists are like that.

Conservapedia is a place this kind of weak in faith Christians create to pretend that the Bible is literal.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Many Christians who lack faith because they believe that God falls if the Bible falls try to bolster their lack of faith by creating altered realities like dinosaurs and people lived at the same time. What these types who are weak in faith wind up doing is making religion and people who have real faith look ridiculous in the eyes of stupid atheists who will tarnish everything with the same brush. That does not mean that all atheists are like that.

Conservapedia is a place this kind of weak in faith Christians create to pretend that the Bible is literal.

You could have just said fools will be fools.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You could have just said fools will be fools.

I do not think that people who believe there is a transcendent morality they can't defend logically are fools. The fools would be those who do not believe in such a morality.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
All I see is a defense of a belief in a higher morality that unfortunately is easily intimidated by the notion that their must be a God for morality to exist. It's not stupid, the morality is real. The notion that it has requirements is the mistake. It's just insecurity.
Where do you get your ideas about God from?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Where do you get your ideas about God from?

My words and ideas about God are not God. They are words and ideas about God. I can give you nothing. I only point in the best way I can which probably isn't very good.

Take this example:

I used to be like a black board on which were written all kinds of ideas about God, my sacred belief system which via self examination I was forced to wipe away. I lost everything that had meaning to me. No conservapedia that I could invent saved me. I fell and died, on my empty blackboard which then revealed itself to be God. God is when the self is not, the infinite joy of being in the timelessness of the now. God is when you are aware of Him and He is always there. We are not alone. He is our being before we became somebody else. The only requirement to know Him is the extinction of the self. This can be done by worshiping stones or believing in nothing. There are a million paths in life and they all lead nowhere. Take one that has a heart. It is through the heart that one finds God.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
My words and ideas about God are not God. They are words and ideas about God. I can give you nothing. I only point in the best way I can which probably isn't very good.

Take this example:

I used to be like a black board on which were written all kinds of ideas about God, my sacred belief system which via self examination I was forced to wipe away. I lost everything that had meaning to me. No conservapedia that I could invent saved me. I fell and died, on my empty blackboard which then revealed itself to be God. God is when the self is not, the infinite joy of being in the timelessness of the now. God is when you are aware of Him and He is always there. We are not alone. He is our being before we became somebody else. The only requirement to know Him is the extinction of the self. This can be done by worshiping stones or believing in nothing. There are a million paths in life and they all lead nowhere. Take one that has a heart. It is through the heart that one finds God.
If my heart tells me one thing about God and yours tells you another thing, who is right? God can't be both things. And where do you get the idea that the only way to God is the "extinction of self"? You seem to be pretty exclusive in your inclusiveness.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If my heart tells me one thing about God and yours tells you another thing, who is right? God can't be both things. And where do you get the idea that the only way to God is the "extinction of self"? You seem to be pretty exclusive in your inclusiveness.

Why can't God be both things?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Why can't God be both things?
How can He?

Two concepts of God can be found in the Bible and the Koran.

In the Bible says that God cannot lie.

The Koran says God is the best deceiver. Quran 3:54

Obviously both cannot be true.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
How can He?

Why not? Why can't this being that supposedly can be all things not be both? Additionally, why can't both the Bible and the Koran be complete human fabrications? Why can't both be false?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
How can He?

Sounds like God is not all powerful then.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Why not? Why can't this being that supposedly can be all things not be both?
Where do you get that idea from?
Additionally, why can't both the Bible and the Koran be complete human fabrications? Why can't both be false?
Do you notice how I worded it? They cannot both be true doesn't mean one of them has to be true.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
How can He?

Why not? Schroedinger's cat can be both dead and alive.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
How can He?

Unless he uses nothing but the truth to tell lies. :hmm:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
We can't walk all the way across the room either because we'd have to go half way there first and then another half etc etc.

This isn't a paradox mate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Well, for me, God has many names. One of them is Justice. Justice excludes injustice in it's range of actions and is inclusive of what is just. We know that justice is blind and what it is blind to is personal interest, desires that spring from the ego. In this way the knowledge of God can't be given to those with ego and can't be kept from those who have none, as this is the nature of justice, inclusive in its exclusiveness. It isn't the nature of what religion you believe in, but the state of your heart that counts. Justice is another word for love, another word for God. Love is also a fire that burns ego away.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Well, nothing against G-d but Schroedinger had one hell of a cat. Just sayin', that cat sets a high bar.

And conservapedia is totally a satire site. Perhaps its original intent was other and it became a satirical site accidentally, but now it's nothing but lefties poking fun.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We can't walk all the way across the room either because we'd have to go half way there first and then another half etc etc.

This isn't a paradox mate.

Well how about you are walking to work with a tuna sandwich for lunch and I am walking to the same place with a Turkey melt and we see a starving child. God tells you to give her a tuna sandwich and he tells me to make it turkey?