San Jose police are sued for putting Trump supporters in danger.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Your definition:

Shall we go through this again? Racism is not merely racial bias. It is racial bias BASED on the belief that one's own race is inherently superior.

Google says:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

I’m able to spot the difference. Are you able to spot the difference...?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Your definition:

Google says:

I’m able to spot the difference. Are you able to spot the difference...?

Nope. And any difference you see is your attempt to make it not what it is. Pathetic, actually.

Google's primary definition:

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
So this doesn’t define it?

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
So this doesn’t define it?

Why yes, it does, but that doesn't mean what you think it means, obviously. It merely expands on the primary definition:
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Nov 25, 2013
I happen to believe that everyone is a little bit raciest. Isn't skin color the very first thing we note about every single person we meet? Don't we all participate in at least one or two stereotypes? I think we're just wired that way. Most of us don't let that color (pun not intended) our judgement.
One of my employees is black, he often talks about how weird white people are, and the funny way we speak. Isn't that raciest?

Re bolded, believe what you want. Doesn't make it true.

And please learn to spell "racist" correctly. :)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
And what would that be pray tell?

Whatever you think it means that contradicts this:

Nov 8, 2012
Re bolded, believe what you want. Doesn't make it true.

And please learn to spell "racist" correctly. :)

I guaran-fucking-tee you do racist actions - whether you realize it or not. It doesn't even have to be an action, it can be simply a feeling/inside reaction in your brain.

Why? Because it isn't a choice. You don't get to decide what your brain does.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Yep. When reducing a white person down to the color of their skin it’s engaging in racism. One can picture themselves as being above that but one can picture a lot of things, doesn't make it so. The behavior tolerated on here would have MLK rolling in his grave.

Nov 25, 2013
I guaran-fucking-tee you do racist actions - whether you realize it or not. It doesn't even have to be an action, it can be simply a feeling/inside reaction in your brain.

I have no issues with anyone based on their skin colour/ethnic background or any related bullshit. I repeat, *none*. As I said, believe whatever you want. Your belief does not make it true.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yep. When reducing a white person down to the color of their skin it’s engaging in racism. One can picture themselves as being above that but one can picture a lot of things, doesn't make it so. The behavior tolerated on here would have MLK rolling in his grave.

I mean your own definition kind of disproved your argument.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I completely agree with you that racism exists in all of us. I know it does in me. That doesn’t excuse it though.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I did, he’s assuming there’s a primary definition which seems odd and the second part is merely a descriptor but can’t contradict the part he deems primary which also seems odd. You even said above that you agree racism exist in all of us.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
He seems to think that someones race can make them immune from being a racist.
Hey asshole, don't project your thoughts on what I may be thinking.

You have enough trouble putting your own thoughts in order.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I did, he’s assuming there’s a primary definition which seems odd and the second part is merely a descriptor but can’t contradict the part he deems primary which also seems odd. You even said above that you agree racism exist in all of us.

1) People arguing for equality aren’t engaging in racism.

2) Everyone, regardless of their political advocacy, likely harbors racist opinions.

Nov 8, 2012
I completely agree with you that racism exists in all of us. I know it does in me. That doesn’t excuse it though.
And that's why you're one of the few lone, sane, and rational liberals on this forum. See above first reply for your bastard child side that sane people wants to hide in the basement.

I'm honestly glad to see you post here, it's honestly reassuring and gives me some sense of hope. Thanks.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
And that's why you're one of the few lone, sane, and rational liberals on this forum. See above first reply for your bastard child side that sane people wants to hide in the basement.

I'm honestly glad to see you post here, it's honestly reassuring and gives me some sense of hope. Thanks.
Oh please, you idiots are playing a semantics game - 'you dont control your brain, you dreamt something racist for sure so you no better' for fucking calling out homer as racist on page1 ... instantly you begin the retarded 'no you r the puppet' both sides crap... Ooooh nooe.. YOU are the racist. Idiots.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Oh please, you idiots are playing a semantics game - 'you dont control your brain, you dreamt something racist for sure so you no better' for fucking calling out homer as racist on page1 ... instantly you begin the retarded 'no you r the puppet' both sides crap... Ooooh nooe.. YOU are the racist. Idiots.

You sound stable