Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Looks sweet. I'll be getting one regardless as I always get the Note phones. I wish they would take off the company logo on the front like they did with the S8+. I love my s8+'s clean look.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
If they get the fingerprint scanner embedded under the display (and it works good), I'm likely going Note 8. Otherwise, I'm going Pixel 2 (unless they keep the big bezels, then I don't know what I'll get).

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Yeah, the fingerprint scanner in the back would have me thinking twice about it also, big no no for me especially since I like using it still docked on its wireless charger on my desk.

So far looking good for front scanner.

Reactions: haming-jone

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
As we get closer to release, I hope information about a US Unlocked model gets leaked. I'll probably pre-order anyway if the goodies are good enough. When I preordered my Note 7, after the exchanges were all said and done, I ended up with a $20 GearVR, two 256gb uSD cards, a Netflix code, a $250 bestbuy gift card, a 32" 720p Smart TV and a full set of Note 7 boxed accessories.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Any more rumors about preorder incentives? I was a little disappointed to hear about the fingerprint sensor, but I'll probably pick it up anyway.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
The launch event will be August 23rd, I guess we'll know then. Samsung has been quite good at keeping it relatively quiet. The fingerprint sensor on the back really disappointed me and I lost all interest in upgrading my S7 early back to a Note to be honest.

tsupersonic

Nov 11, 2013
The launch event will be August 23rd, I guess we'll know then. Samsung has been quite good at keeping it relatively quiet. The fingerprint sensor on the back really disappointed me and I lost all interest in upgrading my S7 early back to a Note to be honest.
I upgraded from a 6P to the S8+. I don't mind the fingerprint sensor being on the rear, but I worried about using it since it's so high up on the device (and the potential camera smudge). In my month with the S8+, I have to say I like the placement of the fingerprint sensor! I hit the sensor every time, and haven't smudged the camera lens. If I'm really lazy, I just use the iris unlock. Everyone's got their opinion on the placement of the sensor, but I encourage everyone to give it a try before ranting about it (not that you are!)

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
I upgraded from a 6P to the S8+. I don't mind the fingerprint sensor being on the rear, but I worried about using it since it's so high up on the device (and the potential camera smudge). In my month with the S8+, I have to say I like the placement of the fingerprint sensor! I hit the sensor every time, and haven't smudged the camera lens. If I'm really lazy, I just use the iris unlock.

For my use, I have my phone on my wireless charger on my work desk with the phone angled so I can easily read it. To unlock it I just have to touch the reader without having to pick it up, or align my head with it which I think is fantastic.

I'm sure the reader on the back works for many people, but for me it just doesn't and I have to work with it all day which I think would drive me bonkers.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I upgraded from a 6P to the S8+. I don't mind the fingerprint sensor being on the rear, but I worried about using it since it's so high up on the device (and the potential camera smudge). In my month with the S8+, I have to say I like the placement of the fingerprint sensor! I hit the sensor every time, and haven't smudged the camera lens. If I'm really lazy, I just use the iris unlock. Everyone's got their opinion on the placement of the sensor, but I encourage everyone to give it a try before ranting about it (not that you are!)

I'll just have to see how it works. The other thing is that I really missed my s-pen from the Note7, so I think getting that back will make up for the sensor on the back. I'm sure by the Note9 they'll have it figured out.

Reactions: haming-jone

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i was amped up, now that fingerprint is on back its a no go for me. Ill keep my S7E till it dies i guess and then decide.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Only recently started using the fingerprints for banking apps that would require full login otherwise. It was somewhat odd doing the roll over thing to set it, but it's been working rather good since and I'm one that has had problem taking good prints.

tsupersonic

Nov 11, 2013
For my use, I have my phone on my wireless charger on my work desk with the phone angled so I can easily read it. To unlock it I just have to touch the reader without having to pick it up, or align my head with it which I think is fantastic.

I'm sure the reader on the back works for many people, but for me it just doesn't and I have to work with it all day which I think would drive me bonkers.
Well that's just it - everyone uses their phone differently. Shucks that it won't work. I really wish they could've done a sensor under the screen.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well that's just it - everyone uses their phone differently. Shucks that it won't work. I really wish they could've done a sensor under the screen.

I use mine wirelessly charging on a flat charging pad on a sidetable beside the couch all the time while watching tv. Its great to be able to glance down to check e-mails messages etc while watching tv. It would be a giant pain to pick it up and unlock then put back on charger every few min, especially because of the case im using with my s7e you need to get it lined up just right with the pad for it to charge, and im assuming this is the case for all wireless charging with a phone in a case so likely not going to improve with the new note..

minato25

Aug 13, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date, features,rumors,pre-orders, and the latest news
Forget about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 they improve the battery now for Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Samsung has confirmed that it will not break away from tradition and will release the 2017 Galaxy Note 8. The Korean company will hold a Galaxy Unpacked event on August 23,2017,in New York City.

chubbyfatazn

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2006
<rumour>

Preorder bonuses for the US are:

1) 256GB uSD card + wireless convertible charger, or
2) 360 camera

---------------------------------------------------

Europe to get a DeX dock

South Korea to get:

1) For the 256GB model, an AKG BT speaker and nemonic printer
2) For the 64GB model, a Gear VR OR a clear-view case + some sort of external battery pack

Price estimated to be ~$940 USD, but don't quote me on that

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/5knRZ

</rumour>

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
<rumour>

Preorder bonuses for the US are:

1) 256GB uSD card + wireless convertible charger, or
2) 360 camera

Europe to get a DeX dock

South Korea to get:

1) For the 256GB model, an AKG BT speaker and nemonic printer
2) For the 64GB model, a Gear VR OR a clear-view case + some sort of external battery pack

Price estimated to be ~$940 USD, but don't quote me on that

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/5knRZ

</rumour>
I'll probably get the camera. Have tons of SD cards and 3 vr headsets already. Hopefully it will work with the s8 vr I got already.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
This thing looks awesome to me so far! Can't wait to own one.

Looking at my S7e... your days in my possession are numbered!

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Was there any word on price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
The leaks were pretty spot on. Can't wait to chuck my Note 7 (for real this time) and get the 8. Gonna have to sell my S8+ as well. I have way to many phones.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Info so far from Wccftech:

Galaxy Note 8 will be available in the US and UK in just two color choices
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes in four colors: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold and Deep Sea Blue. However, in the United States, the device will only be available in black and gray. It is unclear where exactly will the Gold and Blue options be available or if Samsung will introduce them at a later date.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 price and promotions
If you watched the livestream and are excited to get the latest Note, you can choose to preorder the Galaxy Note 8 and get your hands on some freebies too. Samsung is offering a choice between a free Samsung Gear 360 camera ($229.99 value) and a charging bundle ($189.98 retail). The latter will include:

• 128GB EVO+ memory card
  • Fast Wireless Charger
While carriers are yet to announce their deals, Best Buy has already released one appetizing promotion. The electronics retailer is offering $150 savings on top of the freebies that are being offered by Samsung with Galaxy Note 8 preorders. If you preorder the Galaxy Note 8 on August 24 from Best Buy, you will be able to save $150 along with the Samsung freebies.

Best Buy is offering unlocked Galaxy Note 8 for $929.99
Best Buy’s Galaxy Note 8 preorders start at 12:01am ET online and on Thursday morning in the brick and mortar Best Buy retail stores. Along with that, the company is also offering 24-month financing on the unlocked Galaxy Note 8 when purchased with its My Best Buy credit card.

So, there you have it. You can get your hands on this giant phone for just $930 along with freebies worth over $200, making it one sweet deal. We will update this post as more retailers and carriers share their own deals.

Best Buy is also carrying pre-order deals from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint.

Verizon – unlocked for $960
Verizon is also taking preorders starting tomorrow in the same Midnight Black and Orchid Grey color options. The carrier has shared that the 64 GB model price will start at $40 a month for 24 months on a payment plan. You can buy the unlocked version for $960.

Similar to Best Buy, Verizon is also offering something extra along with the promised Samsung freebies. The company has said that buyers will be able to receive up to 50 percent off their new device with an eligible trade-in. Additionally, you can also get $100 off the Samsung Gear S3 with a two-year activation.

More details here.

T-Mobile starts early preorders
You can pre-order the Galaxy Note 8 in the two color options available to US customers starting 9:01pm PT today, August 23. T-Mobile is also offering the Galaxy Note 8 starting from $930.

The company is offering the device on $210 down payment and $30 a month on EIP and $0 down with $39 a month for JUMP! On Demand customers.

Details here.

AT&T
AT&T will offer the Note 8 for $950. On the Next Plan, you can get the smartphone for $31.67 a month for 30 months. You can also avail the BOGO deal if you purchase a Note 8 on AT&T Next with a DirecTV subscription.

Sprint
TBD

US Cellular
TBD

>> UK Deals and offers
  • Samsung UK is offering the unlocked Galaxy Note 8 for £869.00. The UK is also offering the device in only two color options of Midnight Black and Maple Gold.
  • Vodafone is offering the Note 8 for £50 down payment and £60 a month for 16 GB of data.
  • EE deals start at £89.99 down payment with £57.99 a month with 5 GB of data a month.
  • O2 Galaxy Note 8 pre-orders are already live starting at £49.99 down payment and £66.00 a month, with 10 GB of data per month.
  • Carphone Warehouse is offering unlocked the Note 8 for £869. You can also avail other deals based on the carrier you select.
  • Sky Mobile is offering the Note 8 at just £38 a month without any down payment with a Swap24 plan. The offer includes 500 MB of data and free unlimited calls and texts for Sky TV customers.

Samsung-Galaxy-note-8-features.png