Salon article, not and alt right site. Bernie had a real shot in fact would have won.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yes, the "Dem machine" is obviously the real adversary, not Trump & the Repub machine. Let us dwell on recriminations & woulda, coulda, shoulda beens, follow the insincerity of concern trolls who seek only to divide us & weaken our efforts over water under the bridge.

You adopt the same poisonous negativity as Trumpsters & make the perfect the enemy of the good.

Then prepare to be beaten again because you seem to demand the people meet the institutional desires, not the reverse. Sure Trump and the Reps are responsible for clubbing the Dems like baby seals and were superior in connecting to voters. There, I blamed them feel better?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Then prepare to be beaten again because you seem to demand the people meet the institutional desires, not the reverse. Sure Trump and the Reps are responsible for clubbing the Dems like baby seals and were superior in connecting to voters. There, I blamed them feel better?

I'll offer the same thing I said to Moonbeam- that doesn't explain Hillary winning the popular vote. If Dems' message didn't resonate with the electorate that wouldn't have happened. Trump is President only through perversion of the electoral college-

TMW2016-12-07color.png

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Now multiply that blame times a million and do it over several decades and Democrats might start looking better without having to do anything different.

Or continue with the "both sides" bs or Democrats suck because they aren't perfect bs and watch Republicans continue to run government.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Thank you for your "concern." When people with pre-existing conditions get thrown out of insurance into underfunded death pools, the can comfort themselves about having their desires met and not Democratic party's institutional ones.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What the hell are you talking about? I assume that you dont mean me personally but use me as metaphor. Correct?
How is it that you are allowed to use metaphors but when interpreting your opposing party everything is literal? You are not advancing your point like this, only coming forward as dishonest.
Or did you in fact mean the literal me? Cause, you know.. after threat comes action.
Point is still the same, divide a country wide enough and civil war is inevitable. Is the US there yet? No. This is a waste of time.
Perhaps I misunderstood what you are on about. If so I am sorry that made you feel you're wasting your time. I am perhaps too used to talking to people one this forum who are more like bricks than daisies.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Clinton was a BAAAD candidate in many ways and Trump was even worse, the WORST candidate the US has ever seen. So bad he only "won" with the help of Russian hackers and a hideous silly EC system, despite fewer votes. (MOST of America cannot stand the orange dude <- a fact that is proven by numbers alone). Would Bernie have won? OF COURSE.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Now multiply that blame times a million and do it over several decades and Democrats might start looking better without having to do anything different.

Or continue with the "both sides" bs or Democrats suck because they aren't perfect bs and watch Republicans continue to run government.

Both sides have responsibility in this, sorry. Perfection has nothing to do with it either, but yes it does. What you imply is that the institutional Dems and Hillary are perfect as no fault can be found in them. Hillary lost and absolutely no introspection can be tolerated on the part of some. That's religious fervor, not reason. It's the fault of the Republicans. It's the fault of Trump. It's the fault of voters. Yeah it is, but that's pretty much where it ends and that means that Dems, that is the instutional powers, are perfect. Like Biden, I disagree and pretty much for the same reasons. Overall she was uninspiring, evidently the fault of everyone else. Sure she won the popular vote in the most poorly attended election in two decades but that wasn't enough. So the electorate don't deserve her? Then the leadership needs to get out of the way or pack it in because if they are not capable of dealing with adversity and adapting then they are worse than useless. They are something to overcome.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Thank you for your "concern." When people with pre-existing conditions get thrown out of insurance into underfunded death pools, the can comfort themselves about having their desires met and not Democratic party's institutional ones.

I note that you flat out opposed Bernie who was in support for the greatest reform in health care, but you didn't want him. You are all set and actually doing something significant might have hurt your wallet. Your concern is noted.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I'll offer the same thing I said to Moonbeam- that doesn't explain Hillary winning the popular vote. If Dems' message didn't resonate with the electorate that wouldn't have happened. Trump is President only through perversion of the electoral college-

Hey, Joe Biden has a long career in high office and he and I are in agreement. Since Joe doesn't understand politics being a lowly VP last time, why don't you call him and tell him how dumb his thoughts are. Better, why don't you run? You have this all down.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Clinton was a BAAAD candidate in many ways and Trump was even worse, the WORST candidate the US has ever seen. So bad he only "won" with the help of Russian hackers and a hideous silly EC system, despite fewer votes. (MOST of America cannot stand the orange dude <- a fact that is proven by numbers alone). Would Bernie have won? OF COURSE.
Clinton was more than decent. The GOP has perfected the art of the slime. You'd think people would have learned by now, but here we are.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Clinton was more than decent. The GOP has perfected the art of the slime. You'd think people would have learned by now, but here we are.

You could pay attention to Obama and his assessment of segmenting tactics but that would mean that the GOP wasn't the source of all blame and Obama is a rightist shill. But that guy has no cred. It's not like he won two terms in the WH or anything.

Reactions: cytg111

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You could pay attention to Obama and his assessment of segmenting tactics but that would mean that the GOP wasn't the source of all blame and Obama is a rightist shill. But that guy has no cred. It's not like he won two terms in the WH or anything.
Again, nobody is saying that Hillary is blameless or that she couldn't have done things better. The fact is, it shouldn't have mattered. America should have been smart enough to elect red-assed baboons if it meant keeping Trump and the rest of the GOP out of office.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hey, Joe Biden has a long career in high office and he and I are in agreement. Since Joe doesn't understand politics being a lowly VP last time, why don't you call him and tell him how dumb his thoughts are. Better, why don't you run? You have this all down.

You're like the Trumpsters in going post-truth, ignoring mere facts even after they are pointed out.

There's really only one force standing between us & a third world distribution of wealth & income- the Democratic Party. It's testament to the effectiveness of Repub propaganda that so many fools want to tear it down.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Again, nobody is saying that Hillary is blameless or that she couldn't have done things better. The fact is, it shouldn't have mattered. America should have been smart enough to elect red-assed baboons if it meant keeping Trump and the rest of the GOP out of office.

Too true.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
You're like the Trumpsters in going post-truth, ignoring mere facts even after they are pointed out.

There's really only one force standing between us & a third world distribution of wealth & income- the Democratic Party. It's testament to the effectiveness of Repub propaganda that so many fools want to tear it down.

Okay then. Obama, Biden , and myself are fools. If that's how you need things to be okay.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Okay then. Obama, Biden , and myself are fools. If that's how you need things to be okay.
You think like a conservative. Confronted with the fact that Hillary won the popular vote by a considerable margin you just compartmentalize & deny, claim that Dems' message didn't appeal to the electorate. You pretend that the most progressive Democratic platform ever simply didn't exist, and that Bernie's supporters didn't have anything to say about it. You also cling to Bernie's candidacy like White Supremacists cling to the lost cause of the Confederacy.

Your sour grapes bullshit sure as Hell won't help to overcome Trump & the Repubs.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I note that you flat out opposed Bernie who was in support for the greatest reform in health care, but you didn't want him. You are all set and actually doing something significant might have hurt your wallet. Your concern is noted.
Bernie would have gotten nothing done with a Republican House. He would have been emasculated like Carter. But if Bernie was the nominee, I would still have voted for him, but Clinton beat him in the primaries by getting a lot more votes. I have employer provided insurance, and actually paid the 3.8% surtax on capital gains over $250K for a couple years. Which I was OK with, but apparently the people it was helping didn't want it and want me to keep the money instead. So my wallet won't be hurting. You see, being a higher income coastal liberal elite in the Clinton demographic is nice because you get to vote your conscience, but if you lose you get a fat tax cut from the Republicans as a consolation prize. Being a lower income Bernie bro and having Republicans win in the general is not so nice, since you simply get screwed every which way with no lube. So not voting because Bernie was the nominee was a bad move, enjoy TrumpCare, Gorshuch, Sessions, DeVos, etc.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

This.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Which is True, but it's also True that Bernie lost the primary because he lost at the polling booth.

It's 90% concern trolling, 10% Bernie Bros having their panties in a knot & being unable to get over themselves.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
You think like a conservative. Confronted with the fact that Hillary won the popular vote by a considerable margin you just compartmentalize & deny, claim that Dems' message didn't appeal to the electorate. You pretend that the most progressive Democratic platform ever simply didn't exist, and that Bernie's supporters didn't have anything to say about it. You also cling to Bernie's candidacy like White Supremacists cling to the lost cause of the Confederacy.

Your sour grapes bullshit sure as Hell won't help to overcome Trump & the Repubs.

OHB doesn't live up to your the standards you set (OHB- Obama,Hayabusa, Biden for short) and you pretend our sentiments are irrelevant at best. We disagree.