RX 480 seem to be selling like hot cakes.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Really? consider that TSMC will deliver ALWAYS the supply issues. nVIDIA might have not so much chance this time.

nVIDIA should tought to ally with Intel and use their fabs in order to deliver the most powerful chip ever made... with highest ammounts ever. With that AMD couldn't stood a chance.

Tbh it's more likely AMD go bust and Intel picks up the Ati part of AMD. Assuming Intel kept the high end gpu business going that would be the best thing for consumers as with the Intel fabs and money Ati would be more than able to compete. I bet the Ati part of AMD would like that too - not being saddled to the rest of AMD, it's debts and it's stupid wafer agreement would be amazing.

With that in mind it we could really do with AMD going under faster, the longer it hangs on the more behind Ati will get and the less likely it will be that anyone will pick them up and keep the desktop gpu business going.

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
I like how after 5 pages this optimistic topic changed into wishing amd sudden death and preparing to celebrate with the hour countdown timers.:thumbsup:

StereoPixel

Oct 6, 2013
from UK store
image.jpg

dark zero

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2015
Seems that it is getting stuck. Bad markets for AMD... they should started in LATAM instead of Europe.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
What does this mean for you?

Tells me NV is making a freaking fortune! JHH is gonna buy a Porsche to drive around on his yacht!

Also on the earlier comment, if NV teams up with Intel - I can dig it! ;)

Though I'd prefer Intel buy the ATI Patents from AMD and just destroy both AMD and Nvidia in one go, but beggar's can't be choosers haha.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Tells me NV is making a freaking fortune! JHH is gonna buy a Porsche to drive around on his yacht!

Also on the earlier comment, if NV teams up with Intel - I can dig it! ;)

Though I'd prefer Intel buy the ATI Patents from AMD and just destroy both AMD and Nvidia in one go, but beggar's can't be choosers haha.

On this note, I am closing this thread as the discussion turned into another AMD vs Nvidia thread. I will say this again for the repeat offenders, after this post, I will be handing an immediate 2 point infraction along with a 30 day ban in the VC&G forum.

If you continue to derail threads such as this one, you will be gone for 30 days from this forum with requirement to petition in the Moderator Discussion thread. The announcement of this warning has been up since early June, there is no reason you shouldn't be abiding by the rules by now.

-Rvenger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.