Russia paid the Taliban bounties for dead US troops—White House does nothing

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
@Blackjack200

I guess this guy was lying under oath right?

Yea came to post this.
Over to you Jack :)

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
@Blackjack200

I guess this guy was lying under oath right?

Oh, now you want to have a conversation? No, I don't engage with fucking dickheads like you. You can apologize for your comments earlier in this thread, or accept my invitation to fuck off.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Oh, now you want to have a conversation? No, I don't engage with fucking dickheads like you. You can apologize for your comments earlier in this thread, or accept my invitation to fuck off.

You HAVE to realize by now that your emotions is screwing you over again and again dude. Step out man.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
So are you leftists going to hate Colin Powell now?

At any rate... please check the term blowback. The blame for any Russian involvement lies squarely with obama and biden (with hillary thrown in for good measure).

So what did those 3 do with all the leftover weapons from their Libya bombing campaign? Thats right, these three decided to send them to anti-government groups in Syria (some of those groups were affiliated with ISIS). So from a Russian perspective you have the U.S. government arming the same people the Russians are fighting in Syria. And people expect Russia to sit back and do nothing?

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

At any rate... please check the term blowback. The blame for any Russian involvement lies squarely with obama and biden (with hillary thrown in for good measure).

So what did those 3 do with all the leftover weapons from their Libya bombing campaign? Thats right, these three decided to send them to anti-government groups in Syria (some of those groups were affiliated with ISIS). So from a Russian perspective you have the U.S. government arming the same people the Russians are fighting in Syria. And people expect Russia to sit back and do nothing?

Well since he has been retired for 15 years now... his opinion will pretty much doesn't matter.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

Coverage is becoming hysterical? He's obviously never watched Fox News.

• Love
Reactions: ch33zw1z

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Well since he has been retired for 15 years now... his opinion will pretty much doesn't matter.

People out of the game still have relevant experience and usually maintain ties and relationships to the institutions in which they served. I wouldn't consider their opinions irrelevent.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Weapons don't kill soldiers, soldiers kill soldiers.

• Haha
Reactions: Fanatical Meat
Feb 4, 2009

I don’t hate the Guy, I do want to point out Powell is not exactly a Liberal

Reactions: UNCjigga

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

So the topic is Trump being aware of certain events and choosing to do nothing (aside from labelling it a hoax). Your contribution to this topic is what exactly?

Reactions: hal2kilo
Mar 11, 2004

Considering he's a big part of the blame for the entire situation to begin with, I have no problem calling him a hypocritical piece of shit. I take it you assume liberals would like him because he's black and voted for Obama? So do you now hate Reagan since you seem to love Russia and Reagan literally called them the devil?

I do love how you completely ignore what happened before then that created those situations. Plus how you ignore that it was Republicans pushing for that shit (McCain and Graham for instance).

In the future, honk your nose to signal your clown show beginning.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
People out of the game still have relevant experience and usually maintain ties and relationships to the institutions in which they served. I wouldn't consider their opinions irrelevent.

I agree with you but this administration has been denying access and etc if you do not have current clearance..

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It's been a week since the rest of America learned about the bounties. Has Trump taken any action against Russia?
It's been a week since it's been a week since the rest of America learned about the bounties. Has Trump taken any action against Russia?

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

jesus fucking christ

Reactions: UNCjigga

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don’t hate the Guy, I do want to point out Powell is not exactly a Liberal

hint: I think Rudder assumes liberals must love Powell because "he is a Colored."

...I really have no other explanation for what the fuck that shitbrain is thinking with that comment, tbh.

lol. this kind of stuff happens when the illiterates find the internet.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's been a week since it's been a week since the rest of America learned about the bounties. Has Trump taken any action against Russia?

at this rate, I'm going to deal with the leaking radiator feed pipe (I hope that's the problem) that has rotted a hole through my downstairs ceiling, before POTUS does anything about an enemy nation nation paying bounties to terrorists to murder our soldiers.

(I discovered my ceiling problem 2 days ago)

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

lol

Yeah, this is very funny:

“Now, the debate is over whether the Russians bribed Taliban militants to kill Americans, or just helped them in a general way.”

It easy to muddy the waters with “government sources” if you repeat it enough, especially when folks like you want classified documents in plain sight to understand the nuances.

It seems that either is bad given the crickets on Russia from this administration. You read it as it supports your view of the situation, but does it?

Feb 4, 2009

“Now, the debate is over whether the Russians bribed Taliban militants to kill Americans, or just helped them in a general way.”

It easy to muddy the waters with “government sources” if you repeat it enough, especially when folks like you want classified documents in plain sight to understand the nuances.

It seems that either is bad given the crickets on Russia from this administration. You read it as it supports your view of the situation, but does it?

He’s the simple form. By hearing about it and not doing anything about it regardless if it is true or false, we have told Russia it is acceptable to put a bounty on service people’s heads. We will not do anything about it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

The word bounty was never used. Case closed /s