Russia paid the Taliban bounties for dead US troops—White House does nothing

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Did any of you arm chair intelligence agents actually read the official report and ascertain the truth behind it or did you all rely on unnamed officials?
You poor little simpleton, still believing Trump? How many time has he lied to you??

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
You poor little simpleton, still believing Trump? How many time has he lied to you??

You know, funny thing about that........Lots of Trump supporters have this unique ability to believe that when Trump lies, he's only lying to us and not them because whenever he lies (which is like everything he says into a mic) his supporters don't mind it all because those lies he tells that makes them feel good them are factual while those lies meant for us are actual lies meant to piss us off and throw us off his tracks, being such a clever guy that he is.

And besides, he likes to joke around a lot and uses sarcasm in such a way that only his supporters know when he's doing it, or are directly told when he's doing it by those friendly trustworthy folks over at FOX News.

Feb 4, 2009
I’ve still yet to get an answer from my deplorable’s

Let’s assume the President didn’t know. He certainly knows now. What is he doing about the bounties?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
More data on this. Evidence keeps piling up.

“First, President Trump decided not to confront Putin about supplying arms to the terrorist group. Second, during the very times in which U.S. military officials publicly raised concerns about the program’s threat to US forces, Trump undercut them. He embraced Putin, overtly and repeatedly, including at the historic summit in Helsinki. Third, behind the scenes, Trump directed the CIA to share intelligence information on counterterrorism with the Kremlin despite no discernible reward, former intelligence officials who served in the Trump administration told Just Security.”

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
More data on this. Evidence keeps piling up.

“First, President Trump decided not to confront Putin about supplying arms to the terrorist group. Second, during the very times in which U.S. military officials publicly raised concerns about the program’s threat to US forces, Trump undercut them. He embraced Putin, overtly and repeatedly, including at the historic summit in Helsinki. Third, behind the scenes, Trump directed the CIA to share intelligence information on counterterrorism with the Kremlin despite no discernible reward, former intelligence officials who served in the Trump administration told Just Security.”

Fucking Traitor. There better be an investigation once the orange traitor is out of office. If found quilty, he should be hung on the Mall.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Tomorrow is SC time on Trumps taxes .. if that flies .. and the upcoming book from his niece (in a week) and this, OP particular shit show... its gonna be hard to be the D.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Okay I’ll ask.
What would you consider evidence and what is the minimum you’d consider irrefutable evidence?
It is okay to guess or be slightly vague. I know they have a ton of variables. Just do your best.

First hand accounts of the bounties being offered or collected, documents describing the bounties being offered or collected. Not a bunch of anonymous shitheads from the CIA or other government agency making allegations to the NYT.

Feb 4, 2009
First hand accounts of the bounties being offered or collected, documents describing the bounties being offered or collected. Not a bunch of anonymous shitheads from the CIA or other government agency making allegations to the NYT.
That’s a pretty high standard. You are free to this opinion, I just don’t think that standard can ever be met because the CIA shit heads would likely be the guys to get it.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
That’s a pretty high standard. You are free to this opinion, I just don’t think that standard can ever be met because the CIA shit heads would likely be the guys to get it.

then “government sources” can make any self-serving claims they want and you will believe them because you don’t think they need to substantiate anything.