Russia paid the Taliban bounties for dead US troops—White House does nothing

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
National Review (msn link)=well known conservative news site
Second Whitehouse link is from 2020 and it is Trumps boy saying it
Third a current story and defense people said it was low to moderate risk. Notice how Putin doesn’t just ignore any threat now like he did 2016 to 2020.
While I am confident there are various bounties offered in conflict zones since like forever, they shouldn’t be proud of offering them. There should be fear which Russia was not showing.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
National Review (msn link)=well known conservative news site
Second Whitehouse link is from 2020 and it is Trumps boy saying it
Third a current story and defense people said it was low to moderate risk. Notice how Putin doesn’t just ignore any threat now like he did 2016 to 2020.
While I am confident there are various bounties offered in conflict zones since like forever, they shouldn’t be proud of offering them. There should be fear which Russia was not showing.

And so? The abc link?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
They arent old stories. The facts are just coming up now.
Sure its not a response to this?

"It as all fake news"
- Really? As in totally made up? Out of nowhere?
Why would you put that forth? I dont get it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think you guys are missing his poorly made point.

The original stories calling this fake news were... wait for it... fake news.

***edit
I take that back, I have no idea wtf he’s talking about. But you can’t really expect much from someone whose primary sources are shit.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Please pardon my off topic question.
Turning this around I’m going to say “No Russian collaboration in 2016” is indeed fake news.
Care to take a brief read & comment @blackangst1

a business associate of Trump campaign officials in 2016 provided campaign polling data to Russian intelligence services, the strongest evidence to date that Russian spies had penetrated the inner workings of the Trump campaign.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Because all the original stories are falling apart.

But they are not? You cant possible dismiss this as fake news?

"US intelligence had “low to moderate confidence” in the reporting on bounties because “it’s based in part on detainee reporting and because of the difficult operating environment in Afghanistan”, a senior administration official told reporters. "

and

"“There is an assessment that Russian intelligence officers did seek to encourage Taliban attacks against US and coalition personnel, including through financial incentives and compensation,” the official added. “But because of the low to moderate confidence element of this, our focus is on sending a clear message to Russia about the steps the United States would take in response to such behavior if it were to continue.” "

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
It's simple. Take an old link from the old administration and try to pass it off as current. It was an attempted "Benghazi"

Reactions: dank69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wow...so directly on the day where just even more direct links to Trump family working with Putin in 2016, ....the folder of bullshit opens again.

lol. so predictable.

Reactions: cytg111

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Well the takeaway is that there wasn't enough intel for Biden to impose sanctions for these bounties unlike the election interference and cyberhacking.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm torn between all out nuclear war and doing nothing. But then, I have no idea what the truth is and all of this is above my pay level. I'm going to watch NCIS on Netflix.

The above was the second post in this thread. I don’t even remember making it nor have I found myself wound up since. I only mention ithis because, for reasons unknown, I choose not to seek out or buy into information I read somewhere I can’t confirm personally, or might have been the product of unknown motivation.

I have seen in people of all manner of ideological inclination, a need to feel personally triggered, to take advantage of events that happen out there in the world as a means to re-experience repressed inner content, in short, to use it to experience anxiety and fear, outrage and condemnation. All of this is done, of course, to bleed off psychological stress without actually feeling it to its source.

The result, of course, is selective gullibility, a natural gravitation toward bias confirmation.

Were you ever told that when ordered to jump your only question should be ‘how far’? Try instead to ask ‘why jump at all’.

Insanity can be exhausting.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You must be really disappointed that warmonger Biden is attempting to pull us out of Afghanistan.

Good point.

lol, this thread whips. By far my favorite comment: "This should literally be the biggest scandal in the history of American presidents"

So. Blackie. How you like them Progressive Bidens today? I mean, its almost like he is Bernie just with another face.