Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1005 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
But that is how it is done in Russia and not the first time this war; he was given a medal for politcal reason not because he deserved one for an act of bravery or skill. Given the display by russian army/navy/airforce this 'war' I'm not sure any of them are very skillful. I mean all three of them have at the very best underperformed.

Yeah, the Russians love their medals, especially when they fit the propaganda they're pushing for a particular event or reason.

This is the "medal" that was given to Wagner survivors of the battle of Khasham, which was basically a one-sided slaughter of Wagner and Syrian forces by combined US artillery and air units.

1679923247687.png

Even after being warned away, they decided to fuck around with US forces and their SDF allies and found out the consequences. The image on the medal is a Wagner fighter bravely standing up to the attack of an Apache helicopter which, of course, never happened.

Battle of Khasham - Wikipedia

(35) How US Military SMOKED Russian Mercenaries... - YouTube

Reactions: ZGR, you2 and Leeea

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Yeah, the Russians love their medals, especially when they fit the propaganda they're pushing for a particular event or reason.

This is the "medal" that was given to Wagner survivors of the battle of Khasham, which was basically a one-sided slaughter of Wagner and Syrian forces by combined US artillery and air units.

View attachment 78698

Even after being warned away, they decided to fuck around with US forces and their SDF allies and found out the consequences. The image on the medal is a Wagner fighter bravely standing up to the attack of an Apache helicopter which, of course, never happened.

Battle of Khasham - Wikipedia

(35) How US Military SMOKED Russian Mercenaries... - YouTube
i'm surprised there were survivors

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Quite the reality distortion field emanating from the Kremlin these days. Still looking for a translation of what was actually said.

Admitting you can't see jack at night as the "2nd army in the world" is not great and likely the truth.

May have something to do with the fact they are almost as blind as bat in terms of sat recon for tactical purposes.

Reactions: Ajay and Leeea

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Quite the reality distortion field emanating from the Kremlin these days. Still looking for a translation of what was actually said.
Yeah, me too. It's kind of hard for me to believe Putin gave such a transparently weak answer. His actual words are the key here.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Time to setup the next tranche. About 200 sounds right.

Could meet a big chunk of that by buying Spain's flood damaged 2A4s that are sitting at Zaragoza. They'd need extensive rework in Germany but would provide an ongoing supply of new units.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
See, Russia has MAGA too!
It's all in the Microsoft Chips from Bill Gates. Or something.
Targeting information couldn't possibly come from any other source....

As with the Republicans and their Qspiracies, their phony accusations against their enemies, their "patriotic" fight against democracy, their appointing those sleazy corporate corrupted SCOTUS stooges and their desire to elect rabble rousers like MTG, Boebert, etc., the lies that prop up their existence as a political party get more and more ludicrous and surreal the more desperate they become to seize control of the nation.

Putin in likewise fashion structured his invasion based upon his own Big Lie and the lies that followed in order to hide the fact that his "Special Military Operation" was a massive invasion of Ukraine and that it failed to kill the "Head Nazi Zelenskyy" and "liberate" the nation as quickly as he and his fellow plutocrat henchmen plotted. The longer it's taking to defeat Ukraine, the more ridiculous Putin's supporter's lies become. Even if Putin decides to settle for less in order to save face, the lying will continue because the whole invasion was based on his lies to begin with.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Well that was one of the most fucked up things he has ever said.

Fuck Xi, Putin and Trump.
I am heartened and deeply gratified, man, that despite our different domestic political divisions, you see the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine for what it is, and those quislings in our country for what they are!

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Three minute aerial view of the devastation of Bakmuht, on Facebook via twitter.

All anyone needs to know about the 'truth" of the Ukraine War is the valor of those thousands of young (and not so young) Ukrainian men and women who gave their lives for their country in Bakmuht and beyond.

That "last full measure of devotion." No mere words of mine can do their sacrifice justice. It moves me beyond my ability to convey here.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Well that was one of the most fucked up things he has ever said.

Fuck Xi, Putin and Trump.

Fucking hell..

you're not in danger of becoming a (democ)RAT are you? (Republicans against Trump)

Either way regardless.. I salute you sir and your service to the country!

I guess we're a dying breed.. we grew up during the cold war and remember who the real enemy is..