Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 303 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Assuming this went through holy shit what a defeat for Putin.

Deeper integration with Europe and likely EU accession all but certain. We can easily rearm Ukraine with more soon so be surplus Russian weapons and rebuild their native arms industry which was already pretty capable.

Counter offer: you keep sending us meat, we'll keep making sausage.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
One reason the Nazis in WW2 were so inhumane is that many of them were meth addicts. Over time, Meth changes the stucture of the brain significantly, and in a very inhuman way. They loose any sense of compassion. I have more than a hunch that the same is happening here, and that there are many methheads within the Azov battalion, which is a big part of the reason these attrocities are being committed.

Omfg you made me read about it.
So you are bitching about 900 people, of whom 10-20% might have neo nazi sympathies, 90-180 people, alleging that they have altered their brain structure with drugs and turned them selves into psycopaths.

200 bigoted psychopaths' on methyl amphetamine fighting Russians in Donbas <- And that is the reason Putin had to level Ukraine? Go back to your handler and return your paycheck.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Stali...er...Putin's little speech yesterday certainly spooking some of the wealthy to get themselves out.
Let the purges begin :oops:. Wonder if Putin will personally review the execution list as bedtime reading, ala his infamous predecessor.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
I’ve see a lot of anecdotes where Russians are fearing things will revert back to the 1990s, but that seems kind of optimistic.

I think it looks like Russia is reverting back to the 1590s..

"It was a time of lawlessness and anarchy following the death of Fyodor I, a weak and possibly intellectually disabled ruler who died without an heir. His death ended the Rurik dynasty, leading to a violent succession crisis with numerous usurpers and false Dmitrys (imposters) claiming the title of tsar.[2] Russia experienced the famine of 1601–03, which killed almost a third of the population, within three years of Fyodor's death. Russia was occupied by the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth during the Polish–Russian War (also known as the Dimitriads) until it was expelled in 1612. It was one of the most turbulent and violent periods in Russian history. In just 15 years, the crown changed hands 6 times. Estimates of total deaths caused by the conflict range from 1 to 1.2 million, while some areas of Russia experienced population declines of over 50%.[3]"

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If Putin is about to go all Roman emperor and purge the elites... well, that shows both how poorly the Ukraine war is going and how desperate he is to hold on to power. He may have thrown away a lot of his political clout by invading.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I’ve see a lot of anecdotes where Russians are fearing things will revert back to the 1990s, but that seems kind of optimistic.

I think it looks like Russia is reverting back to the 1590s..

"It was a time of lawlessness and anarchy following the death of Fyodor I, a weak and possibly intellectually disabled ruler who died without an heir. His death ended the Rurik dynasty, leading to a violent succession crisis with numerous usurpers and false Dmitrys (imposters) claiming the title of tsar.[2] Russia experienced the famine of 1601–03, which killed almost a third of the population, within three years of Fyodor's death. Russia was occupied by the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth during the Polish–Russian War (also known as the Dimitriads) until it was expelled in 1612. It was one of the most turbulent and violent periods in Russian history. In just 15 years, the crown changed hands 6 times. Estimates of total deaths caused by the conflict range from 1 to 1.2 million, while some areas of Russia experienced population declines of over 50%.[3]"

The False Dmitry.

Sounds like a novice chess move

Reactions: Meghan54 and kage69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Or preparing a false flag first strike.

Problem with that is you can't really hide where the originating missile came from. And literally no one in the world is going to believe Putin when he tries to claim the US or Israel or the UK or India or Pakistan or France sent the nuke after him.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Is that why your party asked for help from the Russians in the 1980's to defeat Ronnie Raygun, and took tons of money from China in the 1990's to get Clinton elected? Your party also used Russian disinformation in the 2016 election and used that for several years trying to remove a duly elected President. Democrats and their cultists have had a Vegas style buffet of Russian and Chinese influence for decades.
Are you encephalomatic? You know, like Zippy the Pinhead? I ask because I continually marvel how far you manage to get your head up your ass. :eek:

1647522886280.png

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Problem with that is you can't really hide where the originating missile came from. And literally no one in the world is going to believe Putin when he tries to claim the US or Israel or the UK or India or Pakistan or France sent the nuke after him.
The lie isn't for him, it's for his people and Russia's 'legal system'. Literally none of his lies have had enough competency to outlast even a modicum of analysis, and it doesn't matter.

The emperor has no clothes and he doesn't care.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
More a vendetta to embarrass yourself with that quality of critical reasoning.

Go Google the Budapest memorandum.

Shame on the UK and USA for not doing an awful lot more... And not just within the last few weeks either.

Or are you admitting the word of the USA isn't worth shit?
Have you actually seen the terms of the agreement? It doesn't call for protection from US, UK and Russia.

Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".

Of course Zelensky would ask for whatever help he can get for his country. His priorty is Ukraine. For the US officials the priority is the US.