Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 221 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I just checked out Garry Trudeau's LEWSERS! in an eEdition from my local library (expires in 21 days, watched a bunch last night and today). It's Trump era Doonesbury.

Also, today, ordered a used copy of Yuge!: 30 Years of Doonesbury on Trump off Ebay. I can laugh at Trump again instead of grinding my teeth (I laughed at him until the night of the 2020 General Election, then it was 4 years with a dark cloud hanging over my head). Yes, it would be facepalm time right now if Trump lived in the White House.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So we have a Russian American Colonel who thinks laying down arms is the best solutions to ending a war? Keeping in mind that Putin doesn't keep his word?
Glad he's on 'our' side :rolleyes:
It's amazing how cheap since people are to buy.

Reactions: Ajay

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

anyone else glad this pos is not president

I'll be glad when he's declared ineligible to hold office, answers for his crimes. He has the blood of hundreds of thousands of Americans on his hands thanks to his covid denial, lying to the public, the obstruction of relief efforts and his abject corruption and ineptitude. Probably the most severe case of homicidal negligence in our history. Fucker belongs in a dark hole for the rest of his miserable life.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

From the above linked current NYTimes story:

“There is no more Russia,” Anton Dolin, one of Russia’s best-known film critics, wrote on Sunday, announcing his departure. “We are suffering a catastrophe — no, not an economic or political one. This is a moral catastrophe.”

In a phone interview from Latvia, Mr. Dolin, 46, described how he spent four hours in the cold waiting to cross the border on foot Saturday with his wife, two children, their dog and a few suitcases.

“We have realized we are most probably departing for a long time,” he said. “We never prepared for this departure and never in our lives even thought we would ever leave Russia.”

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021

lucky luciano

Jul 28, 2014
What movie is that?
Pretty sure that's just a joke but there is this sci-fi film called The Philadelphia Experiment where a jet packed air carrier gets sent back 40 years in time to WW2 and makes the japs shit themselves when they see those planes.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The Z symbol is being adopted by the state apparatus in Russia. They are going full fascist. This would explain the cutting off of the Internet. Easier to control a population to adopt a full war footing to get Ukraine in round 2.

Long winded and meandering thread on the rise of Z and other Russian/Ukrainian matters;

I have a baaaaaaaaad feeling. Remember the conditions that pushed Germany into WW2.

Reactions: RnR_au

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Last edited:
Reactions: uclaLabrat

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
I know it happens, and I know it happens in every war, but I just saw a TV spot with a 18 month kid hit by shrapnels in the head, wrapped in blankets carried to the hospital...into the surgery room.... didn't make it.

Having three childer myself, the oldest soon to be five, that brought a tear to my eye.

Today I was on the beach and we spotted a plane in the sky, and my oldest said: "Maybe it is going to Africa or Russia", to whcih I answered: "I don't think it is going to Russia, since there is war", then the girl on three just asked: "Dad, what is war?"

And that is the only goddamn thing any three year old kid should know about war!

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The Z symbol is being adopted by the state apparatus in Russia. They are going full fascist. This would explain the cutting off of the Internet. Easier to control a population to adopt a full war footing to get Ukraine in round 2.

Long winded and meandering thread on the rise of Z and other Russian/Ukrainian matters;

so "taking down nazism" in Ukraine is, in Russia speak, the same kind of blatant projection that GOPers over hear like to toss towards their enemies?

Nov 17, 2019
What movie is that?

The Final Countdown (1980) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/
The Final Countdown: Directed by Don Taylor. With Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, Katharine Ross, James Farentino. A modern aircraft carrier is thrown back in time to 1941 near Hawaii, just hours before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

One of the better quotes .....

Yelland (Douglas) and Lasky (Sheen) are discussing events while still in the past ....

Captain Yelland: If the United States falls under attack our job is to defend her in the past, present and future.

Lasky: And after that?

Captain Yelland: After that, we take our orders from the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

Lasky: Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

Yelland then does a classic eyeroll.

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
putin, surrounded by a table of women...
saying no martial law in russia.

yet.

or course putin says no to the nfz.