Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 180 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You actually think Zelensky is in Kiev?? His past few announcements clearly looked like green screens to me. Because of this glaring information and the complete absence of mention in news coverage on this I did a video search of green screen Zelensky and that video is strangely the only hit I got. Not sure how long it will last on youtube. While have no idea on the video bloggers channel in general, his arguments on clothing appropriate for Ukraine at this time make quite a bit of sense.

It's the sloppyness of the green screen visuals though that make me conclude with near certainty that Zelensky isn't in Kiev.

I would think a good % of people would learn how to recognize green screens by now.
If he is using a green screen, it makes total sense. No need for more breadcrumbs.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
You actually think Zelensky is in Kiev?? His past few announcements clearly looked like green screens to me. Because of this glaring information and the complete absence of mention in news coverage on this I did a video search of green screen Zelensky and that video is strangely the only hit I got. Not sure how long it will last on youtube. While have no idea on the video bloggers channel in general, his arguments on clothing appropriate for Ukraine at this time make quite a bit of sense.

It's the sloppyness of the green screen visuals though that make me conclude with near certainty that Zelensky isn't in Kiev.

I would think a good % of people would learn how to recognize green screens by now.
1646258283134.png

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Dude calm down. Maybe if you spent less time glued to politics forums and paid more attention to signs you wouldn't get so worked up.

If you were the leader of a country with a bullseye on your head for extinction and an army of 100k+ bearing down on you and nightly air strikes hitting your cities, I think you'd do what you can to mask your location too.

You're either a bot or an idiot. And also, I'm *checks notes* supposed to pay attention. That's sort of my job.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I saw on Market Watch where the U.S. gets 3% of it's oil from Russia which is what made me question if we were still buying it from them. I thought SWIFT would have stopped our ability to do so.
SWIFT is just a "messaging service" between international banks. Blocking certain Russian institutions from SWIFT doesn't mean that banks can't transfer funds; although other sanctions have specifically targeted Russian banks from doing international business.

Although the U.S. imports little crude oil from Russia, the global market is interconnected. If we sanctioned Russian oil and gas, global prices would rapidly shoot up. They're already up significantly just from the risk of one side or the other deciding to slow or stop the flow. AFAIK the pipelines from Russia through Ukraine to Europe are still flowing and presumably payments are being made.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Dude calm down. Maybe if you spent less time glued to politics forums and paid more attention to signs you wouldn't get so worked up.
Let’s see…never posted in this thread over its six day existence. Shows up at post 4400+. Makes odd accusations for first post in thread, then gets snippy when challenged.

Inquiring minds and all…..

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
I suppose that makes a lot of sense. Not sure about idiot comment. I'm trying to follow the event and understand it.

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
Well, this thread did become more popular in the past week, what would you expect? Little to no new audience?

I'm seeing images of Kharkiv and it looks like a warzone. Exactly who isn't following this intensely in the past few days?

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Well I see Sen. Inhofe just put out a message confirming his clueless status. He's pissed because the US responsibly announced cancelling a Minute Man III test scheduled for sometime next week in response to Russia's reckless announcement putting their nukes on higher status. Seems he forgot Trump did the same thing for some weird reason during the Japan Olympics after the unit was loaded and mid way to its launch point with all the people involved having to get off the unit in SD, fly home and then extend the whole nightmare operation into the next month. Don't remember Inhofe complaining about this.
Inhofe incorrectly was claiming that this will weaken our nuclear deterrent. Nope, it will have 0 effect, as it will be rescheduled.
Man needs to stay in his own lane like making sure the planet gets buried in CO2.
Weren't the Tokyo summer games held last August? :p Otherwise, I agree with you. Bunch of armchair warriors arguing the Biden administration hasn't been "tough" enough when it's done more than anyone anticipated short of open warfare with Russia.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Well, this thread did become more popular in the past week, what would you expect? Little to no new audience?

I'm seeing images of Kharkiv and it looks like a warzone. Exactly who isn't following this intensely in the past few days?
How do we know those images are real? Maybe they are just a green screen.

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
I hope he leaves Kiev because I think Russia will take it and his country needs his leadership.

I think you can be pretty certain he isn't in Kiev. One can be slightly less certain whether he is in western Ukraine, but I think the chance is low.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Reactions: dainthomas