Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 471 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Google translate:

I wonder what munition they are going to get?

cheap six shot units:
old GMLRS - 37 mile GPS guided, lots of old stock
GMLRS-ER - 93 mile range + GPS guided is pretty respectable.
M32 SMArt - bomblets actively seeks out individual Russian tanks, apcs, soldiers, etc to murder.

1 shot HIMARS units:
MGM-168 ATACMS - 190 mile munition with 500 lb warhead
MGM-140B - 275 submunitions at 103 mile range

The one shot units are more vulnerable to Russian AA, where the six shot units are cheap and likely can just be spammed out.

Until I see some other confirmation on this I’m treating this info cautiously. Would be an extremely nasty surprise for the Russians if we gave them GMLRS.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Very likely investigating the earlier intel we saw that there might be nukes on board. If they are, the US will secure them I'm sure. Might just be crossing their i's and dotting their t's though.

If there were nukes on that ship certainly then the Russians already know-it was their warship. And if there were nukes there they are probably going after them-before the US (or whoever) gets there first.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Until I see some other confirmation on this I’m treating this info cautiously. Would be an extremely nasty surprise for the Russians if we gave them GMLRS.
the full interview:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
If there were nukes on that ship certainly then the Russians already know-it was their warship. And if there were nukes there they are probably going after them-before the US (or whoever) gets there first.
There's the rub though, if that very important warship was in range of anti-ship weaponry, so is anything Russians go to retrieve important shit with. US ships don't get shot at. In addition, that ship may be a ways away, and could even be on the way for all we know. This could have been prepositioned somewhere nearby specifically for this particular circumstance.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Tough for me to imagine worse, TBH.

Think North Korea. Russia is descending into utter madness and self delusion. In a generation they will have folktales of leaders riding unicorns from mountain tops. And anyone who questions that "reality" will be slaughtered. Have their families slaughtered. Anyone they've associated with. Etc.

The antithesis to continued human existence on our planet. Genocidal madmen with 6,000 nuclear weapons and a thirst for genocide.
They are awfully close to being the personification of that today. But we are still alive, so chances are the purging of Russia is not yet complete. But it may very well continue until nukes fly.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Think North Korea. Russia is descending into utter madness and self delusion. In a generation they will have folktales of leaders riding unicorns from mountain tops. And anyone who questions that "reality" will be slaughtered. Have their families slaughtered. Anyone they've associated with. Etc.

The antithesis to continued human existence on our planet. Genocidal madmen with 6,000 nuclear weapons and a thirst for genocide.
They are awfully close to being the personification of that today. But we are still alive, so chances are the purging of Russia is not yet complete. But it may very well continue until nukes fly.
Russia will not become N. Korea 2.0. I won't rule out them starting a nuclear war that kills off the human race. That's been possible for 60+ years.

Of course, you're painting the worst case scenario imaginable. Yeah, maybe. We'll see. Meantime, the sanctions will bleed them until they are a shadow of their former selves. They won't be happy with that and there will be ruminations how can they do better. A shakeup is on the way. They bare the responsibility for that for the most part.

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's the time of the saboteur in Russia. Perhaps soon again, the time of the assassin.

Sure is.

Two Russian former gas execs were butchered along with their families, all within same 24hrs. Vladislav Avayev decided to shoot his family while they slept, then ate a bullet himself. Sergey Protosenya decided life in Spain was just too much and killed his wife and daughter with a knife and ax, then hung himself in their garden. "Domestic disputes."

Will be more probably.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
new @JominiW map, not much new

cu8g3RK.jpg

Reactions: Leeea